You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
giovybez

Jingles.. what are you saying?

33 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
3,270 posts
27,849 battles

Yesterday I got around to taking Captain Jingles out on a few matches for the first time. Early on I took out an Akatsuki  and  heard Captain Jingles say, "We sunk an allied destroyer." I quickly looked at the chat thinking I'd just potatoed hard and team killed a dd, but saw no penalty warning. That's weird. I admit that English is not my first language but I'm pretty sure allied means friendly. Anyway, later on I sunk a Scharnie and gool ol Jingles says, "We destroyed an allied cruiser." Ok, well, I guess some may argue about what Scharnie really is . lol

We all know Jingles is known to make mistakes every now and then but what is this? Bug or feature?

• Boring 4

[FEM]
Members
2,103 posts
17,341 battles
5 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If you do kill an ally, does he identify it as an enemy?

*rubs hands together* One way to find out!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7

[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,179 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I've accidentally team-damaged with Jingles on board. He tells you "Don't fire on your allies", as is usual.

He said he wanted to be derpy old Jingles to satisfy the crowd which loves him for that, but the team that wrote his lines for him went above and beyond the usual occasional slip and made him full-on potato incompetent at ship ID. He approved, but IMHO it makes him an unreliable commander for competitive work. Even the Mermaid's Wrath voicepack, hilarious as it is, gets those things right.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
Just now, Kebobstuzov said:

^

Is what is great about this forum.  People are always willing to help out.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
138 posts
12,422 battles

I accidentally shot through an ally that was too close and he said "Don't shoot your allies, this is your last warning!" I hadn't shot anyone on my team prior so I don't know if it took into consideration the quantity of damage I had caused in that volley.

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
9 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

He says nasty things. Like "Stop being a stupid a**".

• Funny 1

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,414 posts
15,847 battles

I have got a few "that's a paddlin'' remarks. 

[REVY]
Members
2,557 posts
13,776 battles
33 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

28 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Yes

don't wish to discuss that further.

Edited by Lord_Slayer

[SALVO]
Members
25,796 posts
28,042 battles
21 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Same here.  It just wouldn't be a Jingles soundset without his citadel hit catch phrase!

• Cool 1

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
193 posts
5,640 battles
3 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

"Enemy submarine has been spotted"

Yes, per Jingles, subs are already in the game!

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
394 posts
12,996 battles

Yes,  took a second look when I first got him, and it is a "funny" feature of him as a captain

[WPORT]
Members
7,089 posts
12,062 battles
2 hours ago, giovybez said:

Yesterday I got around to taking Captain Jingles out on a few matches for the first time. Early on I took out an Akatsuki  and  heard Captain Jingles say, "We sunk an allied destroyer." I quickly looked at the chat thinking I'd just potatoed hard and team killed a dd, but saw no penalty warning. That's weird. I admit that English is not my first language but I'm pretty sure allied means friendly. Anyway, later on I sunk a Scharnie and gool ol Jingles says, "We destroyed an allied cruiser." Ok, well, I guess some may argue about what Scharnie really is . lol

We all know Jingles is known to make mistakes every now and then but what is this? Bug or feature?

It is an intentional "feature" that carries over as a running joke from The Mighty Jingles long-standing behavior of mis-identifying ships & people on his youtube channel videos.  :-)

Enjoy.  :-)

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,564 posts
4,223 battles
1 hour ago, LancerUlysses said:

Yeah, I usually crack up when I hear that. I also like his battle intro, "let's take names and kick A**. I didn't know that was allowed, but I'm not complaining. The one that killed me though was the "negative" replacement line "You're on your own sunshine." 

WG got Jingles right, most of the time he's just rambling on in the background getting the game wrong, but occasionally he pulls out one of the lines that makes him great. It might be the only thing they got right last year, but they did get it right.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
3,270 posts
27,849 battles

I apologize for boring a few of you gentlemen with a topic that lacks the usual rants some of you enjoy. 

As for Jingles, I think the, “Try not to do anything stupid.”  is my favorite line.  

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,667 posts
6 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, I usually crack up when I hear that. I also like his battle intro, "let's take names and kick A**. I didn't know that was allowed, but I'm not complaining. The one that killed me though was the "negative" replacement line "You're on your own sunshine." 

WG got Jingles right, most of the time he's just rambling on in the background getting the game wrong, but occasionally he pulls out one of the lines that makes him great. It might be the only thing they got right last year, but they did get it right.

I like "Hey you, in the ship- help!"   instead of provide cover for...

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
890 posts
2,056 battles

"Need More Dakka!" for AA support is one of my favorites.

I keep him on for the time's I inappropriately touch somebodies citadel and get the "That's a Paddlin'!" voiceover.

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,194 posts

I've enjoyed listening to Jingles for many years now and looked forward to his captain coming out.  A random, stray mis-identification of a ship is to be expected ... but mixing allies and enemies almost constantly was too far overdone ... and I retired him early, unfortunately.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,133 posts
4,766 battles
7 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

"let's take names and kick A**. I didn't know that was allowed,

The one that he mentioned as not allowed was "surprise butt sex." 

Disappointed.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
3,270 posts
27,849 battles
33 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Disappointed.

This morning I was listening to one of his WOT vids and he said "surprise butt sex is the best butt sex."  almost died. He is hilarious.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,564 posts
4,223 battles
50 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Disappointed.

Yeah, but I thought the age rating on the game prevented other words as well, such as "sh!t" and "a$$", both of which are in Jingles lines. Maybe there's a rule on quantity in the game overall, and Jingles is able to slip by with a few.

WG had a great nod the surprise butt sex line a long while back. As an April Fools joke they announced several new signals, which were linked to CCs and had related abilities. Jingles two were +10% chance to be ID'd as a Myoko and +15% fire chance on the rear part of enemy ships:Smile_teethhappy: I still think both those would be awesome.

• Funny 1