You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Meharin

Replays: can't view on some maps. Stuck at loading screen

9 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
Members
5 posts
4,460 battles

I am trying to view replays of Clan Battles that I just played tonight (so no version issue). Some work fine, but others leave me stuck at the loading screen that shows the players.  I have had this problem for a while (not just today).

I can hear the battle going, and if I press the Insert key the game audio will speed up just like a usual replay.

Before the match starts, I can click Start Battle but nothing happens.  During the match, I can press escape to get a cursor.

Maps not working: Land of Fire, Tears of the Desert (naval mission), Crash Zone Alpha (Britain), Sea of Fortune (sea hope)

Maps that work: North (NE North), Mountain Range (Ridge), Hotspot (OC Bees To Honey)

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a workaround?  I tried disabling mods (most of them, anyway) to no avail.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,526 posts
14,832 battles

Only replays from the current patch are viewable if you don't have copies of the old clients. To view a replay from an older client you would need to drag the replay to the WoWS.exe.

[TORCH]
Members
5 posts
4,460 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Only replays from the current patch are viewable if you don't have copies of the old clients. To view a replay from an older client you would need to drag the replay to the WoWS.exe.

I know that already -- that's why I mentioned in my first sentence: "I am trying to view replays of Clan Battles that I just played tonight (so no version issue)."

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,526 posts
14,832 battles
3 minutes ago, Meharin said:

I know that already -- that's why I mentioned in my first sentence: "I am trying to view replays of Clan Battles that I just played tonight (so no version issue)."

I missed that, I had a bad case of posting before really reading. That is odd, it looks like some of the CB maps don't have all of the information needed to run the replay. Start a ticket and @Femennenly may be able to help get to the bottom of this.

[TORCH]
Members
5 posts
4,460 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I missed that, I had a bad case of posting before really reading. That is odd, it looks like some of the CB maps don't have all of the information needed to run the replay. Start a ticket and @Femennenly may be able to help get to the bottom of this.

Ok thanks for the suggestion.

UPDATE: I disabled the remaining 20% or so mods I had enabled (I had a lot turned on, from the official mod client),  and now things do load!  So I guess it is some mod conflict.  If/when I have time, I can narrow it down to find which one(s) is causing the trouble.

Thanks for your help.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,526 posts
14,832 battles

It is always a good idea to delete mods whenever something odd is happening if only to make sure they are not the cause. @Femennenly, problem solved.

The only mod issue I have had was one with a real flag mod where every national flag would be flying in a train.

Edited by BrushWolf

[TORCH]
Members
5 posts
4,460 battles

Yes I will keep the mods in mind from now on.

Got my replay made for the night.  Our clan was happy when our sole survivor landed 6 or so citadels in one salvo for the win.

[TORCH]
Members
5 posts
4,460 battles

Ok, I tracked down the culprit:  Smoke timer BADoBEST of all things.

@Femennenly

Note: some maps don't play at all (no sound, can't speed up startup timer), whereas others let me hear audio.

Working python.log:

2020-01-30 01:28:08.109: ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: Missing font "ZurichCond" in ".game_version". Search log:
   Searching for font: "ZurichCond" 
      Movie resource: "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Imports       : "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Exported      : "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Registered fonts: "ZurichCond" not found.
      Searching FontLib: "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Searching FontProvider: "ZurichCond"  not found.
   Font not found.

2020-01-30 01:28:10.210: INFO: [Script] [SND] WindowOpened, ('Battle',); (, 26329021183842, 31)
2020-01-30 01:28:14.025: INFO: [Script] [Avatar] -= BATTLE STARTED =-; (, 9317049076638, 267)

Broken python.log (excerpt of first error that I could notice):

2020-01-30 01:24:53.330: ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: Missing font "ZurichCond" in ".game_version". Search log:
   Searching for font: "ZurichCond" 
      Movie resource: "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Imports       : "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Exported      : "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Registered fonts: "ZurichCond" not found.
      Searching FontLib: "ZurichCond"  not found.
      Searching FontProvider: "ZurichCond"  not found.
   Font not found.

2020-01-30 01:24:54.818: ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: null
2020-01-30 01:24:55.006: ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: null
2020-01-30 01:25:09.628: INFO: [Script] [Avatar] -= BATTLE STARTED =-; (, 9317049076638, 267)

and lots more of these:

2020-01-30 01:25:27.838: ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: null
2020-01-30 01:25:27.857: ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: null
2020-01-30 01:25:27.873: ERROR: [Scaleform] Error: null

Edited by Meharin
  • Thanks 1