You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pura__Vida

The worst and angriest I have felt in 17k games @ you WG

56 comments in this topic

Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles

You know the drill, play a game, players play terribly.... 

This one player had a PRico, I said the same as 4 others, concerning his use of radar... wth are you doing.....he responded,  am trying... he was trying, he just didn't understand his ship, he just didn't understand the game, He has 4 games in a Lenin as his next closest tier ship. and his other 800 games were tier 6 or lower.

I reached out to him after game with multiple messages to offer help, as of yet no response.

This poor guy is spending money and getting nothing but shyt for his efforts. 

Most of you know me, and I have earned the rep I have earned, but a few of you know I actually a good guy. It makes my heart hurt to see what the company does to it's customers.

• Cool 14
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 15

[GOB]
Members
2,501 posts

When I first came here a year ago I begged for this.  I am sure it is never going to happen. It was the good people here in the forums that put me on the right road so I could learn slowly and only advance as my skills let me.  Of course THEY were interested in helping me get Gud and be a contributor to my team and NOT making money is any way possible as fast as possible no matter the consequences.

WG could learn something from that.

Alas, they won't.

Col Out

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,478 posts
14,823 battles

Yeah, they should at least have a warning on the ship in port that it since you do not have experience at this tier level that co-op should be chosen.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles

weegee doesnt care if they have gotten the money out of them already, its on the individual to understand how to play the game, and understand their own limitiations, this is no different to seeing a person playing an atlanta with only 10 games total, getting chased by a nicolas and dying to the t5 dd.

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[WORX]
Members
11,949 posts
19,486 battles
44 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

An actual tutorial is long over due.

Mon Aime, it already existed since Beta... Its Co-Op... 

Co-Op has been and will ever be, the safe place/default learning center to tryout ships or as the OP put it,  "get to know" a new ship... Co-Op do not discriminate either...

Everyone from the very beginner to the season vet, should take adv of the Co-op environment.

Problem is... Pride...

Now people have options... Co-op or training rooms. Yet they select Randoms. Go figure...

"You can take the horse to the river, but you can't force it to drink."

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 2

[LOU1]
Members
4,228 posts
12,529 battles

There are so many guides available just a quick Google away.  While I have compassion for a lost new player, I know that they could easily find info if they spent a moment searching.  There are tutorials when you start playing, and there is even an attempt to limit the challenges a new player faces when first starting out.  I started a FTP account last year just to see what it was like to start as a new player, there are guides available but they can easily be circumvented.  The big problem is that you cannot force a player anyone to learn if they do not want to.

(Keep in mind that WOWS' attempt at making the PR only available to the most dedicated players and keep her out of the hands of the casual or uninformed was heavily flamed...)

Edited by ExploratorOne

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles

You should have to own a tech tree ship of the same tier or higher than your premium ship before you can play your premie in randoms.

Gibbous is a pretty swell guy. I speak with him from time to time in port after seeing him in game. Although I suspect he's had a few bevvies tonight (I am not one to judge) he's certainly on to a solid point that merits some thought on WGs end.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,427 posts
12,338 battles
52 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

spending money =/= special treatment

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,969 posts
6 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

spending money =/= special treatment

I'm not reading the OP as asking for special treatment for anyone.

It's more that the guy in the PR bought a very expensive product for which the manufacturer has very poor documentation available.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles
12 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

weegee doesnt care if they have gotten the money out of them already, its on the individual to understand how to play the game, and understand their own limitiations, this is no different to seeing a person playing an atlanta with only 10 games total, getting chased by a nicolas and dying to the t5 dd.

I  know, but the PR isn't $32

Granted money is relative...…… It was sad, the dude was so outclassed, and embarrassed.

So many still feel that if they get a premium they will be good, or competitive.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles
3 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

I  know, but the PR isn't $32

Granted money is relative...…… It was sad, the dude was so outclassed, and embarrassed.

So many still feel that if they get a premium they will be good, or competitive.

Yep.

Soooooo many Tirpitz and Scharnhorst players are sooooooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad because of the fundamental misunderstanding that many new players have about premium ships.

Just

So

Bad.

Members
131 posts
7,298 battles
13 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Co-Op has been and will ever be, the safe place/default learning center to tryout ships or as the OP put it,  "get to know" a new ship... Co-Op do not discriminate either...

Everyone from the very beginner to the season vet, should take adv of the Co-op environment.

Problem is... Pride...

Now people have options... Co-op or training rooms. Yet they select Randoms. Go figure...

I’m not sure I totally agree with this. For me, and I am speaking only of myself, Co-op taught me some of the wrong lessons. The bots just charge and there isn’t that much time to learn. There are some good guides here and on youtube but its scattered all over the place. I’m relatively new and it was probably better a few years ago when the game was starting out, but now not so much. I do appreciate Gibbous reaching out to the player. Once or twice people have done that for me and it made the game much more enjoyable.

• Cool 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles
Just now, RYANMK48 said:

I’m not sure I totally agree with this. For me, and I am speaking only of myself, Co-op taught me some of the wrong lessons. The bots just charge and there isn’t that much time to learn. There are some good guides here and on youtube but its scattered all over the place. I’m relatively new and it was probably better a few years ago when the game was starting out, but now not so much. I do appreciate Gibbous reaching out to the player. Once or twice people have done that for me and it made the game much more enjoyable.

Being part of the right clan is so valuable to so many new players.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,281 posts
26,944 battles
1 hour ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

You know the drill, play a game, players play terribly.... 

This one player had a PRico, I said the same as 4 others, concerning his use of radar... wth are you doing.....he responded,  am trying... he was trying, he just didn't understand his ship, he just didn't understand the game, He has 4 games in a Lenin as his next closest tier ship. and his other 800 games were tier 6 or lower.

I reached out to him after game with multiple messages to offer help, as of yet no response.

Most of you know me, and I have earned the rep I have earned, but a few of you know I actually a good guy. It makes my heart hurt to see what the company does to it's customers.

As long as the money flows in no one will care or listen.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,342 battles

the forums are a fine example that the majority of the playerbase think they are good players and yet have no idea they still dont understand 90% of the game.

But as soon as you try to tell someone they are not as good as they think they are you get labelled a try hard or toxic, the straight stubbornness of this playerbase to accept criticism and actually make an attempt to improve is really a major problem for the longevity of the game, the state of random battles shows this by the amount of steam rolls and really dumb plays you see.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles
2 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

the forums are a fine example that the majority of the playerbase think they are good players and yet have no idea they still dont understand 90% of the game.

But as soon as you try to tell someone they are not as good as they think they are you get labelled a try hard or toxic, the straight stubbornness of this playerbase to accept criticism and actually make an attempt to improve is really a major problem for the longevity of the game, the state of random battles shows this by the amount of steam rolls and really dumb plays you see.

HAHA...I didnt initially look at who posted this and then halfway through reading it thought "this HAS to be someone from o7, right?". 

God you guys are predictable. Please play poker with me.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
11,949 posts
19,486 battles
4 minutes ago, RYANMK48 said:

For me, and I am speaking only of myself, Co-op taught me some of the wrong lessons.

Co-Op doesn't teach lessons...  Those are with experience gained in a particular game mode.

IMO what Co-op and training mode accomplishes, is a healthy place to

• Learn the basics not the lessons
  • Test out what you researched on your own.

The lessons learned is experienced gained by playing the game mode you're prepping for... For example...

I am not going to test out a Ranked build for the first time in Ranked.. I would either use a training room first and then to Co-op...

Co-op as a training mode can only do so much to get your

• Confidence up Or
  • Your prep up to Ranked standards...

Its not going to happen...

Do players take adv. of the resources in game to prep your ship and skill ? Nope.

[WOBB]
Members
84 posts
2,204 battles
33 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Problem is... Pride...

Co-op doesn't teach anything when the matches end in 3:40 with two or three enemies still alive. 

[WOLFG]
Members
1,002 posts

I do not understand all this crying.  Clearly 'Random' is exactly that.  Random players with random skills.  If you only want to play with other elites, go play Clan battles.  You can control who you play with and whine at them when they make a mistake.  Random players really don't care what you think of them.

• Cool 1

Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles

True, but there are times when they do.

3 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I do not understand all this crying.  Clearly 'Random' is exactly that.  Random players with random skills.  If you only want to play with other elites, go play Clan battles.  You can control who you play with and whine at them when they make a mistake.  Random players really don't care what you think of them.

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles
11 minutes ago, legozer said:

HAHA...I didnt initially look at who posted this and then halfway through reading it thought "this HAS to be someone from o7, right?". 

God you guys are predictable. Please play poker with me.

So when the OP says this, he is just trying to help and is a swell guy - but when someone else says essentially the exact same thing, they are suddenly a bad guy for some reason.  Not sure I understand the logic there.

For the topic at hand, WG isn't going to do anything about people spending money without much knowledge about what they are buying (be honest - you wouldn't either if you were running the game and directly benefiting from the proceeds).  If the guy spent that much on a game that he didn't know much about, and didn't even bother to google anything about that ship first (it isn't like a quick "WoWs Puerto Rico"  search wouldn't have brought up red flags) then its on him.  Having a little experience with the OP, I question the "tone" the feedback was provided in, but that does seem like a perfect storm - wallet warrior with low games, buys the most polarizing ship so far in the game without knowing the basics of US cruiser gameplay.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 1

Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles
4 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

So when the OP says this, he is just trying to help and is a swell guy 

let it go man....

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles
4 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

when the OP says this, he is just trying to help and is a swell guy - but when someone else says essentially the exact same thing, they are suddenly a bad guy for some reason.  Not sure I understand the logic there.

Yeah.

[WORX]
Members
11,949 posts
19,486 battles
9 minutes ago, Lordnaarghul said:

Co-op doesn't teach anything when the matches end in 3:40 with two or three enemies still alive. 

Learning is relative NOT fixed..