You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Random Thoughts from Deep R'lyeh: So You Want to Breed a 19 Point Captain (WORK IN PROGRESS)

16 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
28,975 posts
25,067 battles

You hear about these all the time. "I just got my first", or "I have one on every ship now", blah blah blah. And if you've been playing for long enough to unlock captain skills on your ships (which isn't long at all), you know that the more points you have, the more skills you can acquire, and the more abilities you have. But 19 is the maximum, and it's a very big maximum. Beyond that, any commander XP you earn goes into the pile of Elite Commander XP, which can be assigned to ANY captain if you have enough of it to buy their next skill point.

How much do you need? Enter EXHIBIT A. This much:

image.png.c655ad17bd836304eaf7cd424dcd55d2.png

That's quite a lot, and the commander XP for 19 points is a daunting figure. VERY daunting. 

I'm not going to lie - what lies ahead requires persistence and discipline. It took me a year before I got my first, but that's because I waited far too long to get started and went about it in the wrong way.

Here is the right way, as I see it, and learning from what I failed to do.

First of all, you should have at least one ship of Tier 5 or above, and it should be the most versatile one you possess. This is important because you can do Daily Chain missions with a T5-plus ship and you can't do them with anything lower... and they will help, as I will shortly explain. You can also do directive missions, and because directives call for things like getting citadel hits, floods, torpedo hits, starting fires, damage CAUSED by fires, main battery hits etc., the single most versatile ship is a fast light cruiser that is armed with torpedoes and is preferably NOT either the Emerald or the Raimondo Montecuccoli (as neither of those have high-explosive shells for their main guns, and cannot start fires with them). 

You can use either of those, but starting fires becomes difficult and farming large amounts of fire damage nigh impossible. One example of a very versatile ship is the Tier 5 German cruiser Konigsberg. Fully upgraded she has lots of torpedo launchers, relatively fast-firing guns that reach out to a long range for her tier, and the ability to fire high-explosive shells from them that start fires. The next most versatile T5 ship is probably the American T5 destroyer, the Nicholas, but this is a matter of taste and opinion. 

Anyway... choose your ship. Now, when you have finally ground out all its experience, DO NOT move your captain out of it. You're going to keep on playing that ship, with that captain, as if your life depended on it. If you can buy or win a premium ship of similar type and in the same nation, all the better - you can put that captain in it without penalty. But if you move him up, there's a price to be paid in retraining him... per EXHIBIT B:

image.thumb.png.42fe428fce05a121005e54a5803536d5.png

...and although you can cut it in half by paying 200,000 credits, or bypass it completely by spending money for doubloons, that's not recommended. Now, ONE shift - up to Tier 6, where your captain can sail a ship in Operations - is justified, becuase Operations enable you to play against highly-scripted low-tier bots in a way that brings in Random Battles-sized experience and credits. In that case you need to choose your tier SIX ship appropriately and begin this process when the captain has made that move.

RULE ONE OF CAPTAIN GRINDS: COMMANDER XP EARNED IS ALWAYS AT LEAST EQUAL TO SHIP XP.

This means that depending on how much you play every day, you can look at the ship XP you usually earn and divide that monstrous 1.708 million by it. This is the minimum number of days it will take you. Here is where the discipline and determination come in, because you're going to be stuck playing that one captain in that one ship (and any premiums you have in that nation) for whatever daily allocation you've decided you can take. If you play him out to the second resource crate, for example, that GUARANTEES YOU 12,500 commander XP a day... and at that rate it will take you a MAXIMUM of 137 days - a bit over four and a half months - to get that job done. It will be boring and thumb-twiddling because if you're sunk early, you'll have to wait for him to come back to port before you play him again.

On the other hand, it's not that hard to pile on 12,500 XP in co-op in a night of play (just time-consuming), and this offers a lengthy but at the same time fast-paced (because of the gameplay) way to get it done, with a very high win rate to spur you on. (You can do it far faster if you play him much more - i.e.to the third crate - or in Randoms, or both, but you run the risk of burnout if you're not fully prepared for that level of intensity and the possibility of long losing streaks if your teams faceplant.)

Now let's look at how we can cut that down.

1) DAILY CHAINS.  

NOTE: As of June 9 2020 (Patch 0.9.5), the structure of the rewards in these missions changed radically. I have retained the original text under a spoiler cut for historic reference.

Spoiler

These combat missions offer prizes for achieving 250 Base XP (in one shot, win or lose), 500 Base XP (win or lose, over any number of battles), and then progressively 1000, 1100, 1200, and 1300 base XP over any number of victorious battles. It's slower in co-op, but much more certain because of the very high win-rate - and because the games are so fast-paced and are so short, this can actually be a very good way to do it if you have the playing time. Randoms takes it in bigger chunks, but doesn't advance you past those first stages if you lose.  How it helps is that on days whose dates end in 4 and 9, the first and fourth such missions give 1000 ship XP to the ship in which you complete the task, and this forms part of your captain XP earned. In addition, tasks 3 and 6 offer 2000 elite commander XP each. Here, for example, is the chart for the second half of January and first part of February 2020.

image.thumb.png.819c48c875e27b49f7a32ff90f9f429e.png

We're fortunate this year in that we get February 29, which gives  us another 4000 elite commander XP. This isn't applied to the captain, but goes directly into a bank (bottom left of the screen when you click on the captain to alter or add to his skills) that you can apply to any commander at any time. Right now we want to save up at all costs, not using it for anything at all just yet. We're going to need a lot of it, as we have already seen. We want to make a special effort on those nights, to play all the way to the end if we can, and pick up those 4000 elite commander XP for our bank. Along the way, we'll pick up 2000 easy SHIP XP per night, which will go directly into the Commander XP earned by that captain. 

THE SITUATION AS OF JUNE 9 2020:

The XP, FXP and CXP bonus days on dates ending in 4 and 9 were struck out. In their place, daily bonuses of 500XP, 500 FXP and 1000 Elite Commander XP were added for the first mission in the chain (get 250 BXP in a single battle, win or lose). This actually nets a greater amount of all three resources overall, and it means that someone who can't always afford the time to get through to the second half of the daily chain can still get them. It can be done in co-op, but they can sometimes go badly and a Random battle will almost always guarantee completion. You should play this battle in a tech-tree ship you are grinding.

2) FLAGS AND CAMO:

Here are basic economic flags that boost ship XP (and indirectly contribute directly to your captain's commander XP) and also commander XP directly.

image.thumb.png.f8105a41982d06564933c1e484defa35.png

They can be farmed by selecting "More Resources" crates always, and they will appear fairly regularly. Save them for that captain and that ship, preferably in Random battles or in Operations.

The following are more exotic, but can be gained by regular play on the Public Test Server, or won in-game by playing directives:

image.thumb.png.109eda8fe03c175180dd72b0469a9a43.png

For our purposes, we are most interested in Yellow and Red Dragon, Hydra, Scylla and Leviathan.

Here are some of the camos that boost Commander XP directly and significantly:

image.thumb.png.005f30c444fa1ed741568e3e10f9310f.png

These are harder to get, but can be given out by being won in supercontainers or through various challenges from time to time. Both the Daily Chains and the Public Test Server (which you should sign up for; check the main news page regularly for opportunities) offer a small helping of dragon flags and useful camos for either not much effort or for the sort of effort you're usually putting in anyway.

By stacking these, you can achieve some rather remarkable results. 

For example, if you had a strong battle with a base XP of 1000 (for easier math), and if you had all the Commander XP booster flags and the Restless Fire camo fitted, you would earn 333% bonus for the Yellow Dragon, 100% for the Red, 150% for the Hydra, 150% for Scylla and 100% for Leviathan, plus 250% for Restless fire, or 1083% of your base XP total - that's 10.83 times your original 1000 base XP, or 10,830 CXP right there. On top of that, pile the 325% ship XP bonus or 3250 ship XP, and you've made 14,000 captain XP right there, which knocks a whole day off your 137 day worst-case estimate. And I might have missed something and under-calculated. But you get the idea. If you have enough of the flags, and play well enough, you can really go places fast. In addition, the first win of the day brings an extra 50% to ship XP (calculated from the base XP), and this also goes on top.

With @Khafni's permission, I have included a result screen (source post is in this thread) from a heavily flagged up run he made in a Scenario battle. Now this is a very productive run from a very good player, but it illustrates very well how all the bonuses stack up on top of each other. XP received is his base XP multiplied by the Warships Premium modifier (1.65X), and everything else gets calculated from that as you see here. "Ship's bonuses" is the ship XP boosts from the flags etc. he used and is identical to the "modifiers" section of ship XP. Note that "ship's bonuses" and "earned" add up to the total ship XP he got from the battle, and it shows you by how much the Captain XP can exceed this.

image.thumb.png.da483f4c8330e1a2311fe36a67351cd3.png

3) PREMIUM TIME:

If you are able and willing to pay, this multiplies the base XP used for the calculation of all the above by 1.65 (for Warships premium time ) and 1.5 (for Wargaming premium time, which is less efficient in WOWS terms only, but which you should more ideally buy if you also play World of Tanks and/or World of Warplanes a lot - if WOWS is your major or only focus, then Warships premium time is better IMHO). 

4) SPECIAL EVENTS

At least twice a year since I started playing, World of Warships has had special events in which weird ships with weird commanders are given out on loan. These are Space Battles and Halloween, with other events occasionally thrown in. The loan ships and commanders go away at the end of the event, but the commanders are all 19 pointers and the elite commander XP that they earn is yours to keep. There are usually enough given out that you can spam them one after the other, always having one to take if you are waiting for another to come back from port. If the event is to your taste and you can stand the pace, there is the possibility of racking up a LOT of Elite Commander XP here. 

OKAY, SO I DID IT. I MADE IT. I HAVE MY FIRST 19 POINTER. WHAT NEXT?

Once you have the first, more will follow. This is because when you were training the first, you had to twiddle your thumbs while you were waiting for them to come back to port if they died early. Now there is no waiting - you can grab the existing 19 pointer and play battles with them while you're waiting for the candidate to come back. Remember, any battles you play with either the candidate or the existing 19 pointer(s) are contributing either CXP directly to the candidate or ECXP that can be used on them. Keep the points flowing in the candidate's direction.

Do your best to pick a second candidate who is neither in the same nation nor the same ship type as the first. The more nations and ship types you can build 19 pointers in, the more often you will be reaching for a ship with a 19 pointer in it to do some specific task and the more ECXP you will create.

BUT WHAT IS IT ALL FOR? MAKING THEM ALL 19 POINTERS IS A HELL OF A GRIND.

Yes it is, but the more Elite Commander XP you have lying around, the easier it is to either reset a captain's skills or move them up instantly into a new ship without having to pay doubloons. When you find a particular point in a particular line that you think you could stick at forever, THAT is when you stop moving that captain up and start building them towards the pinnacle.

REMEMBER, TAKE IT AT YOUR OWN PACE. SMALL NIBBLES ADD UP OVER TIME.

Just as an indication of how quickly you can do this, I started playing in late August 2017. It took me until mid-August 2018 to get my first 19 pointer because for too long I didn't know any of what I have just told you, didn't have some of the tools we have today, and I considered it beyond my reach. However, I got the second on 30 January 2019 (a little under six months), the third on 15 June 2019 (four and a half months), the fourth on November 4 2019 (four and a half months), the fifth on 8 March 2020 (five months)... and the sixth, as I type this, is no more than a day or two away (two months). Part of this has been due to varying levels of dedication to the task (I'm not going to devote the entirety of my play to growing them up), and the most recent of the complete ones started as a 15 pointer (Yamamoto, from the eponymous campaign), so he was able to cut in front of the one who's coming up next and the two of them together are being finished in less time than they would ordinarily be (most of the rest started as 10 pointers). 

The real test will be to see how quickly I breed up number seven. But the more you have in the greater number of nations, the faster you build up elite commander XP. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 10

[KWF]
Members
6,767 posts
7,444 battles

I would like to add that alternating premiums with similar playstyle can also help quite a bit. Rotating between Sims, Kidd, then Fletcher with a generalist build made piling up XP quite easier. 

Or something like alternating Hood, Warspite and a tech tree BB.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
28,975 posts
25,067 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

I would like to add that alternating premiums with similar playstyle can also help quite a bit. Rotating between Sims, Kidd, then Fletcher with a generalist build made piling up XP quite easier. 

Or something like alternating Hood, Warspite and a tech tree BB.

I'm getting to that. This is a work in progress, which I'm going to polish and update in between various obligations. But I'm writing primarily for a newer player who doesn't mind taking on the challenge and yet may not have all that many (or maybe not even ANY) premiums to play with, and the advice for that sort of player needs to be shaped appropriately. 

• Cool 2

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
18,798 battles
25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

TO BE CONTINUED... when I add the benefits of already having earned your first 19 pointer, and where it all really becomes worthwhile.

Excellent work Cthulhu,

A valuable guide.  +1

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You hear about these all the time. "I just got my first", or "I have one on every ship now", blah blah blah. And if you've been playing for long enough to unlock captain skills on your ships (which isn't long at all), you know that the more points you have, the more skills you can acquire, and the more abilities you have. But 19 is the maximum, and it's a very big maximum. Beyond that, any commander XP you earn goes into the pile of Elite Commander XP, which can be assigned to ANY captain if you have enough of it to buy their next skill point.

How much do you need? Enter EXHIBIT A. This much:

image.png.c655ad17bd836304eaf7cd424dcd55d2.png

That's quite a lot, and the commander XP for 19 points is a daunting figure. VERY daunting. 

I'm not going to lie - what lies ahead requires persistence and discipline. It took me a year before I got my first, but that's because I waited far too long to get started and went about it in the wrong way.

Here is the right way, as I see it, and learning from what I failed to do.

First of all, you should have at least one Tier 5 ship and it should be the most versatile one you possess. This is important because you can do Daily Chain missions with a T5-plus ship and you can't do them with anything lower... and they will help, as I will shortly explain. You can also do directive missions, and because directives call for things like getting citadel hits, floods, torpedo hits, starting fires, damage CAUSED by fires, main battery hits etc., the single most versatile ship is a fast light cruiser that is armed with torpedoes and is preferably NOT either the Emerald or the Raimondo Montecuccoli (as neither of those have high-explosive shells for their main guns, and cannot start fires with them).  You can use either of those, but starting fires becomes difficult and farming large amounts of fire damage nigh impossible. The next most versatile T5 ship is probably the American T5 destroyer, the Nicholas, but this is a matter of taste and opinion. 

Anyway... choose your ship. Now, when you have finally ground out all its experience, DO NOT move your captain out of it. You're going to keep on playing that ship, with that captain, as if your life depended on it. If you can buy or win a premium ship of similar type and in the same nation, all the better - you can put that captain in it without penalty. But if you move him up, there's a price to be paid in retraining him... per EXHIBIT B:

image.thumb.png.42fe428fce05a121005e54a5803536d5.png

...and although you can cut it in half by paying 200,000 credits, or bypass it completely by spending money for doubloons, that's not recommended. Now, ONE shift - up to Tier 6, where your captain can sail a ship in Operations - is justified, and in that case you need to choose your tier SIX ship appropriately and begin this process when the captain has made that move.

RULE ONE OF CAPTAIN GRINDS: COMMANDER XP EARNED IS ALWAYS AT LEAST EQUAL TO SHIP XP.

This means that depending on how much you play every day, you can look at the ship XP you usually earn and divide that monstrous 1.708 million by it. This is the minimum number of days it will take you. Here is where the discipline and determination come in, because you're going to be stuck playing that one captain in that one ship (and any premiums you have in that nation) for whatever daily allocation you've decided you can take. If you play him out to the second resource crate, for example, that GUARANTEES YOU 12,500 commander XP a day... and at that rate it will take you a MAXIMUM of 137 days - a bit over four and a half months - to get that job done. It will be boring and thumb-twiddling because if you're sunk early, you'll have to wait for him to come back to port before you play him again. On the other hand, it's not that hard to pile on 12,500 XP in co-op in a night of play, and this offers a lengthy but at the same time fast-paced (because of the gameplay) way to get it done, with a very high win rate to spur you on. (You can do it far faster if you play him much more - i.e.to the third crate - but you run the risk of burnout if you're not fully prepared for that level of intensity.)

Now let's look at how we can cut that down.

1) DAILY CHAINS:

These combat missions offer prizes for achieving 250 Base XP (in one shot, win or lose), 500 Base XP (win or lose, over any number of battles), and then progressively 1000, 1100, 1200, and 1300 base XP over any number of victorious battles. It's slower in co-op, but much more certain because of the very high win-rate - and because the games are so fast-paced and are so short, this can actually be a very good way to do it if you have the playing time. Randoms takes it in bigger chunks, but doesn't advance you past those first stages if you lose.  How it helps is that on days whose dates end in 4 and 9, the first and fourth such missions give 1000 ship XP to the ship in which you complete the task, and this forms part of your captain XP earned. In addition, tasks 3 and 6 offer 2000 elite commander XP each. Here, for example, is the chart for the second half of January and first part of February 2020.

image.thumb.png.819c48c875e27b49f7a32ff90f9f429e.png

We're fortunate this year in that we get February 29, which gives  us another 4000 elite commander XP. This isn't applied to the captain, but goes directly into a bank (bottom left of the screen when you click on the captain to alter or add to his skills) that you can apply to any commander at any time. Right now we want to save up at all costs, not using it for anything at all just yet. We're going to need a lot of it, as we have already seen. We want to make a special effort on those nights, to play all the way to the end if we can, and pick up those 4000 elite commander XP for our bank. Along the way, we'll pick up 2000 easy SHIP XP per night, which will go directly into the Commander XP earned by that captain. 

2) FLAGS AND CAMO:

Here are basic economic flags that boost ship XP (and indirectly contribute directly to your captain's commander XP) and also commander XP directly.

image.thumb.png.f8105a41982d06564933c1e484defa35.png

They can be farmed by selecting "More Resources" crates always, and they will appear fairly regularly. Save them for that captain and that ship, preferably in Random battles or in Operations.

The following are more exotic, but can be gained by regular play on the Public Test Server, or won in-game by playing directives:

image.thumb.png.109eda8fe03c175180dd72b0469a9a43.png

For our purposes, we are most interested in Yellow and Red Dragon, Hydra, Scylla and Leviathan.

Here are some of the camos that boost Commander XP directly and significantly:

image.thumb.png.005f30c444fa1ed741568e3e10f9310f.png

These are harder to get, but can be given out by being won in supercontainers or through various challenges from time to time.

By stacking these, you can achieve some rather remarkable results. 

For example, if you had a strong battle with a base XP of 1000 (for easier math), and if you had all the Commander XP booster flags and the Restless Fire camo fitted, you would earn 333% bonus for the Yellow Dragon, 100% for the Red, 150% for the Hydra, 150% for Scylla and 100% for Leviathan, plus 250% for Restless fire, or 1083% of your base XP total - that's 10.83 times your original 1000 base XP, or 10,830 CXP right there. On top of that, pile the 325% ship XP bonus or 3250 ship XP, and you've made 14,000 captain XP right there, which knocks a whole day off your 137 day worst-case estimate. And I might have missed something and under-calculated. But you get the idea. If you have enough of the flags, and play well enough, you can really go places fast. In addition, the first win of the day brings an extra 50% to ship XP (calculated from the base XP), and this also goes on top.

3) PREMIUM TIME:

If you are able and willing to pay, this multiplies the base XP used for the calculation of all the above by 1.65 (for Warships premium time ) and 1.5 (for Wargaming premium time, which is less efficient in WOWS terms only, but which you should more ideally buy if you also play World of Tanks and/or World of Warplanes a lot - if WOWS is your major or only focus, then Warships premium time is better IMHO). 

TO BE CONTINUED... when I add the benefits of already having earned your first 19 pointer, and where it all really becomes worthwhile.

image.png

image.png

Very nice write up.  I lost count but I must have at least 50 19pt captains just too lazy to count them with 330 ships in port.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
18,033 battles

I have over ten 19 point captains  and my  Massachusetts A & B with Halsey commanding helped a lot,Lately I've noticed people standing just outside their effective range focus firing them and putting them on the bottom quickly.So at the moment I play just long enuff to keep my hand in and then move on to another game and WGing's antics lately have greatly encouraged that philosophy and scenario 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,168 posts
27,486 battles

Nice work @Ensign_Cthulhu! I am sure you won't forget to mention scenarios. Here is a prime example of the elite captain experience earnings potential.

image.png.2be658d4abc23a629daa27289a9188b7.png

Besides the flags and cammo I am using WoWs premium time as well. This example was from a Perth Belfast battle in the Aegis Narai Operation scenario. 

Sixty (60) 19 point captains in port and 100k from number 61. Your guide will get anyone there.

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
7,837 posts
41,052 battles

Good work.

I see scenarios (Ops) is now included. They pay handsomely when you get stars and have flags installed.

Edited by alexf24

0 posts

quality post.

I must admit, playing one ship exclusively with commander xp boosting camo and flags, is the way to go. But, before you begin this marathon, be sure to choose a ship you like, a lot, because you are going to spend a long  time in that ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
28,975 posts
25,067 battles
57 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

I have over ten 19 point captains  and my  Massachusetts A & B with Halsey commanding helped a lot,Lately I've noticed people standing just outside their effective range focus firing them and putting them on the bottom quickly.So at the moment I play just long enuff to keep my hand in and then move on to another game and WGing's antics lately have greatly encouraged that philosophy and scenario 

Please bear in mind that this is an INSTRUCTIONAL post, pitched primarily at players who've just entered the low-mid tiers, who don't even have access to the special captains and aren't ready for a specialised ship like the Massachusetts yet or may not be able to afford her. 

Keep your comments constructive and on point.

54 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Here is a prime example of the elite captain experience earnings potential.

Thank you, and with your permission I may yet incorporate it into my opus. Do you recall off the top of your head how much base XP you got in this battle before premium time was factored in?

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ARGSY]
Members
28,975 posts
25,067 battles
7 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

quality post.

I must admit, playing one ship exclusively with commander xp boosting camo and flags, is the way to go. But, before you begin this marathon, be sure to choose a ship you like, a lot, because you are going to spend a long  time in that ship.

Wise advice, and when I make more extensive edits I will alter the wording to reflect this fact more explicitly. 

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,168 posts
27,486 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Thank you, and with your permission I may yet incorporate it into my opus. Do you recall off the top of your head how much base XP you got in this battle, and whether premium time was involved?

Feel free to use or abuse it! The full, correct, post battle report and a couple of other extreme examples - tooting my horn - are below. This was actually a high-damage battle in Belfast/Narai but Operations can net you great results.

Spoiler

Perth in Aegis

shot-20_01.04_10_53.18-0239.thumb.jpg.9743ec2c04208dc0bb061c08af5bdd7c.jpg

Atlanta in Narai

shot-20_01.02_15_30.14-0448.thumb.jpg.c4283b7080948448e1772c7667211033.jpg

Belfast in Narai

shot-20_01.04_14_05.08-0884.thumb.jpg.1be4e5746874ad9420d51b0301d56c01.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
28,975 posts
25,067 battles
3 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Feel free to use or abuse it! 

Thank you. The raw results are probably better than a newcomer to operations could be expected to do, but they certainly serve as a fine example of how the calculations are done and I shall reference them in that context.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
18,033 battles
3 hours ago, LoveBote said:

quality post.

2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Please bear in mind that this is an INSTRUCTIONAL post, pitched primarily at players who've just entered the low-mid tiers, who don't even have access to the special captains and aren't ready for a specialised ship like the Massachusetts yet or may not be able to afford her. 

Keep your comments constructive and on point.

Thank you, and with your permission I may yet incorporate it into my opus. Do you recall off the top of your head how much base XP you got in this battle before premium time was factored in?

Was a post about choosing a ship I liked a lot,As well as what issues the player might have whilst driving her

Edited by shadowsrmine

[ARGSY]
Members
28,975 posts
25,067 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

Was a post about choosing a ship I liked a lot,As well as what issues the player might have whilst driving her

True, but you really need to consider the context here. There's been enough whining over the years about newbies who jump straight into a T8 ship and newbies who get disheartened when they jump into a demanding T8 ship and get clobbered for an entirely separate post on the matter, but here we're dealing with general techniques. The comment about "Wargaming's antics" was off-topic and unconstructive in that regard, IMHO.

[ARGSY]
Members
28,975 posts
25,067 battles

The nature of the Ship, Free and Elite Commander XP missions in the Daily Chains changed radically in Patch 0.9.5, and the original post has been altered to reflect these changes.