Jump to content
Hapa_Fodder

Anchors Away Tour 2020 - Master Thread

85 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,428
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,882 posts
13,317 battles

AAT 1920x1080 Color Background.png

After the success of the 2019 Anchors Away Tour, we are pleased to bring back a whole new set of events, with new locations, and swag!

This is Anchors Away 2020.


Locations and Tickets:
USS North Carolina Day 1 - 28th of March (POSTPONED)
USS North Carolina Day 2 - 29th of March (POSTPONED)
USS New Jersey - April 18th (POSTPONED)
USS Turner Joy Day 1 - May 30th (POSTPONED)
USS Turner Joy Day 2 - May 31st (POSTPONED)
USS Intrepid - June 20th (POSTPONED)
USS Wisconsin - July 25th (POSTPONED)
HMCS Haida Day 1 - August 22nd (POSTPONED)
HMCS Haida Day 2 - August 23nd (POSTPONED)
USS Massachusetts - September 19th (POSTPONED)
USS Alabama - October 17th (POSTPONED)
USS Iowa - November 14th (POSTPONED)
USS Lexington - December 5th (POSTPONED)
HMAS Vampire II Day 1 - January 30th
HMAS Vampire II Day 2 - January 31st
USS Yorktown - February 20th
USS Hornet - March 20th


Details:

Similar to last year, these events will give you the opportunity to explore history on various ships in the USA, Canada and Australia, meet with other World of Warships players, take part in fun activities, and pick up some World of Warships Swag! This year we have expanded our offering to include the following activates:

  • Scavenger Hunt
  • Epic Prize Hunt
  • Feedback and QnA session
  • Knot Tying Races
  • Meet and Greet with Staff and CCs
  • Major prize drawing
  • Flag signing 

Ticket Types:

To add more flexibility for events and attendees we have expanded our offering for tickets this year:

  • Early Bird: Purchase your tickets early to save money on your ticket, still comes with all the goodies! Early Bird tickets will finish 6 weeks before the event is due to take place.
  • Standard Tickets: Available from 6 weeks out to a few days before the event, comes with all the goodies!
  • Last Minute: Realized that you have the weekend free and still want to attend? These tickets will give you the access to the ship and the activities, however does not come with a swag bag. If there is additional swag at the end of the event, this ticket type can claim a leftover bag but it is not guaranteed. 

Other Important Details:

  • Individuals should consider the accessibility of the ship and their physical needs before purchasing a ticket
  • Ticket sales must be completed on Eventbrite
  • Ticket does not cover travel to and from the event
  • Ticket does not include parking at the event
  • Ticket does not include any food or drinks packages
  • Ticket does not include admission to additional exhibits/promotions on board the ship
  • Event will proceed regardless of weather conditions present on the day

We hope to see you there!

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,428
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,882 posts
13,317 battles

AAAAAAANCHOOOOOORS AAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAY!

 

-Hapa

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORCH]
Members
567 posts
13,578 battles

Hey, @Hapa_Fodder& @Femennenly,  I don't know how else to communicate this, so maybe you can pass it on to whoever plans these things?

I don't know about anyone else, but when you're planning the next tour, I would really, REALLY like you to try really hard to arrange an event at USS Olympia in Philadelphia.  USS Olympia (C-6) is the last surviving ship of the Great White Fleet, and has a long history that includes serving as Commodore Dewey's flagship at the Battle of Manila Bay, in the Spanish-American war.  She represents an entirely different era from most museum ships, being, I believe, the oldest steel warship still afloat.

BTW...if you DO arrange an event at the Olympia, attendees will get to enjoy two ships!  USS Becuna (SS-319), a Balao class WW2 submarine, is moored right next door.

Just my suggestion.

Note:  I am not affiliated with USS Olympia in any way.  Just a guy who loves historical ships.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
947
[NSC]
Supertester
2,324 posts

Potential feedback: If only HMAS Vampire was available to the community at large. (I have it, but realize it's hard to get now.)

image.thumb.png.e44cd8b2c2840d4e3c2917e665fbb9dd.png

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
324
[TF16B]
Modder
620 posts
763 battles

I haven’t been to the Intrepid in forever. If I was still in NY, I’d totally go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,428
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,882 posts
13,317 battles
39 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Potential feedback: If only HMAS Vampire was available to the community at large. (I have it, but realize it's hard to get now.)

image.thumb.png.e44cd8b2c2840d4e3c2917e665fbb9dd.png

Aloha,

Well HMAS Vampire that is the museum ship in Sydney is actually a Daring class DD.  Not the tier III Commonwealth DD.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[AVW]
Members
146 posts
8,065 battles

Awesome! I will see you all on May at USS Turner Joy :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
98
[KSE]
[KSE]
Privateers
347 posts
11,982 battles
59 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Potential feedback: If only HMAS Vampire was available to the community at large. (I have it, but realize it's hard to get now.)

image.thumb.png.e44cd8b2c2840d4e3c2917e665fbb9dd.png

I believe the museum ship its not the one in the game,  but rather a Daring class boat ... and Hapa beat me to it

Edited by TheBigM145
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
620 posts
19,884 battles

Ouch, no Little Rock. Well, given the popularity of the Haida event compared to the Little Rock one, I can't say I'm terribly shocked, but it is unfortunate to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[PD]
Members
18 posts
2,707 battles
34 minutes ago, Kingpin61 said:

Ouch, no Little Rock. Well, given the popularity of the Haida event compared to the Little Rock one, I can't say I'm terribly shocked, but it is unfortunate to see.

I had fun at the little rock.  It was a nice turnout.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
3,554 battles

Well Halifax Nova Scotia Canada would be a great stop since it was the last stop before we all headed across the Atlantic just a suggestion ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
394
[WG]
Administrator
156 posts
362 battles
4 hours ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Hey, @Hapa_Fodder& @Femennenly,  I don't know how else to communicate this, so maybe you can pass it on to whoever plans these things?

I don't know about anyone else, but when you're planning the next tour, I would really, REALLY like you to try really hard to arrange an event at USS Olympia in Philadelphia.  USS Olympia (C-6) is the last surviving ship of the Great White Fleet, and has a long history that includes serving as Commodore Dewey's flagship at the Battle of Manila Bay, in the Spanish-American war.  She represents an entirely different era from most museum ships, being, I believe, the oldest steel warship still afloat.

BTW...if you DO arrange an event at the Olympia, attendees will get to enjoy two ships!  USS Becuna (SS-319), a Balao class WW2 submarine, is moored right next door.

Just my suggestion.

Note:  I am not affiliated with USS Olympia in any way.  Just a guy who loves historical ships.

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll take a look at adding it to future stops, but I cannot promise.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORCH]
Members
567 posts
13,578 battles
10 minutes ago, Kalvothe said:

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll take a look at adding it to future stops, but I cannot promise.

Thanks, @Kalvothe.  That's all I can ask for.  I understand you can't promise anything, and it might never happen.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[DENY]
Members
36 posts
6,856 battles

No...Intrepid...... :( rip

 

Update: I just shaw the list on the website and its there, I'm both an idiot and very happy!!!!!!

Edited by HouseDevils

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[AR15]
Members
32 posts
9,961 battles

Both as a Stop and as a Model for tier 2 I suggest the Olympia in Philadelphia, it isn't far from the USS New Jersey, upriver and opposite shore.

https://www.phillyseaport.org/

Drachinifel  did a video on her.

A fund raiser for her preservation would be nice too.

Ah I see Kalvothe also posted about the Olympia.

Edited by ThunderChilde
oh, not alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[ABCD3]
Members
448 posts
10,558 battles
5 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Well HMAS Vampire that is the museum ship in Sydney is actually a Daring class DD.  Not the tier III Commonwealth DD.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Going that far "down under"...Honolulu, Hawaii on the radar soon?

The two most historic ships during WWII.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,428
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
2,882 posts
13,317 battles
Just now, RickPatton said:

Going that far "down under"...Honolulu, Hawaii on the radar soon?

The two most historic ships during WWII.   

Ya know, I would love to! Perhaps in the future!

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[ABCD3]
Members
448 posts
10,558 battles
16 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Ya know, I would love to! Perhaps in the future!

-Hapa

Maybe WG will let you do a 1 month R&R back home.  :cap_haloween:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
947
[NSC]
Supertester
2,324 posts
5 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Well HMAS Vampire that is the museum ship in Sydney is actually a Daring class DD.  Not the tier III Commonwealth DD.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Thanks for the replies (and info)! You're both correct. Seeing one did make me think about the other. I know there's another higher tiered Australian ship, but I can still see their being interest in this one.

5 hours ago, TheBigM145 said:

I believe the museum ship its not the one in the game,  but rather a Daring class boat ... and Hapa beat me to it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[USAMS]
Members
1 post
3,032 battles

Already bought my ticket. Will see you guys again on the Turner Joy. So glad you guys took my suggestion last year to visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283
[LSNB]
Members
1,501 posts
4,104 battles

If exams don't get in the way of things, then I'll see y'all on battleship Iowa. Hopefully, I am able to manage my time by then.

Also I'd have to be confident enough to make the 1 hour trip on the highway

 

What about USS Midway at San Diego?

Edited by destawaits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,421
[WPORT]
Members
4,343 posts
9,336 battles

@Femennenly, @Hapa_Fodder, @Kalvothe
Thanks for sharing the news of the Anchors Away Tour of 2020.  :-)

Attending the 2019 USS Massachusetts event last year was worth it.  :-)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×