You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

Advice needed

5 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,044 posts
2,893 battles

Just started the IJN DD line, at the split, which way to go? I assume straight down are the Torp boats and to the right are the gun boats? Or are they mixed in both lines? Looking for Torp boats. I have RN and USN  and French gun boat/torp DDs, looking for a torpedo heavy play style. 

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,566 posts
14,059 battles
9 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

looking for a torpedo heavy play style. 

Shima is your end goal here, no question asked.

good luck

[V_V_V]
Members
149 posts
11,906 battles

Hover your cursor over each ship in the tech tree to see their individual armament characteristics.

[WORX]
Members
8,073 posts
16,743 battles
20 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Just started the IJN DD line, at the split, which way to go? I assume straight down are the Torp boats and to the right are the gun boats? Or are they mixed in both lines? Looking for Torp boats. I have RN and USN  and French gun boat/torp DDs, looking for a torpedo heavy play style. 

Tier 6 FUBUKI is the end of the line for heavy in game torp DD experience.

From tier 7 and above, you need to be retrained re-educated on the Shimakaze line... Its just not the same as the FUBUKI or the ISOKAZE...

High tier IMO, there is no decent torp DD.  

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,633 posts
12,782 battles

I don't have purple number stats but the Shimakaze line is the end game for IJN torp boats. I recently got the Kitakaze the other line which is gun boats and I like it. Have no intention of getting the Hairy Gumball. 

I plan on grinding the RN line next, goal, the Daring. It seems the Daring does the Gearings job, better.