Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Toxic_Potato

Sims B Vs Sims is there a difference?

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,358 posts

Besides the B (Black) does the B have the same credit boost?   What exactly is the boost on Sims?  

The reason why I ask is that the Torps with the 65 knots buff really makes this DD borderline OP.  IMHO

MUCHO Thanks beforehand 

[PVE]
Members
3,977 posts
22,322 battles
34 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Besides the B (Black) does the B have the same credit boost?   What exactly is the boost on Sims?  

The reason why I ask is that the Torps with the 65 knots buff really makes this DD borderline OP.  IMHO

MUCHO Thanks beforehand 

All the [edited] ([edited]...it's just the capitol letter b w/an s after it...& that got edited??? OK...lets type it out then...Blacks...All the Blacks...)are supposed to be dupes of the originals but Sims always had an extra XP multiplier above & beyond other premiums built in (which made it particularly OP...& created quite a stir-up in the forums...in the seasons it was ranked eligible for saving stars).

Not sure if the B version has that same XP multiplier but performance wise the numbers will definitely all be the same & credit wise it should be the same as all premiums have a credit boost baked in.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLFG]
Members
396 posts
3,740 battles

According to WOWSFT there is no difference in the specs.

Edited by macktkau2

[5D2]
Members
225 posts
10,443 battles

I believe it’s just the camo. 

[G-REB]
Members
84 posts

those ships look so cool

i really wanted the Alaska B but i wasn't at all disappointed to get the Scharnhorst B.  its my best looking ship!

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,397 posts
11,812 battles

Only difference is the camo and the name. So a Sims-B isn't a regular Sims for mission purposes.

[LOS]
Members
792 posts
11,827 battles
2 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Sims B Vs Sims is there a difference?

MUCHO Thanks beforehand 

To answer your question in the title of your topic...  No.

Edited by Sinton

Members
2,962 posts
8,022 battles

They are also supposed to keep the identical economic stats so sims b will have the base xp buff just like the normal sims. As others have said, all that’s different between the normal and b versions is the camo color, the name, and the eligibility for certain missions (like the doubloon one that comes with the b version). 

[4HIM]
Members
2,819 posts
9,954 battles

As others have said, it's just a camo.  But if you turn off the "Decorative" camos in port, it turns off the Black camo as well and it ends up looking like a regular Sims.  

[KAPPA]
Members
2,481 posts
7,240 battles

Same ship, cheaper price, and potential to make WG money twice. The black ships should have just been camos with improved earnings to justify a hulking price, but here we are.

Sign in to follow this