You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MaxPain

Did i miss something? wth happened to the mighty yamato?

57 comments in this topic

[DJL]
Banned
33 posts
2,637 battles

I am not a regular player thats why am asking? 

wth happened to the yamato ?!

I remember it used to have an accurate and powerfull gun. if u dare to broadside a yamato u will get deleted! 

Now it is just weird. did i miss something while i wasnt playing wows?

• Boring 1

[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
791 posts
7,620 battles

when did you last play? yamato got its dispersion nerfed when the legendary modals came out. to get the original accuracy back you need that module.

• Confused 4
  • Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
3 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

when did you last play? yamato got its dispersion nerfed when the legendary modals came out. to get the original accuracy back you need that module.

To my knowledge Yamato's dispersion and sigma have not been nerfed. The legendary module nerfs her main battery traverse rate to compensate for further improved accuracy.

[FEM]
Members
2,058 posts
17,210 battles
12 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

This is an outright lie. Yamato guns have not been changed in years.

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,202 battles

other then wargaming removing as much chance of punishing bad play as possible nothing has changed on the guns

• Cool 2

Members
513 posts
18,302 battles

There is nothing wrong with Yamato except the players who think they are making a effective team contribution by shooting at targets bow on from 18km or more and think that sitting 2 lines from the edge is great effective game play. I find that most Yamato drivers you can safely ignore because they are the least aggressive of all BB players and by far the most timid. I hate having them on a Tier 10 team because they take up slots that any aggressive Tier 8-10 player will fill more effectively. Ignore the passive timid Yamato drivers and then chop them up when they are the last ones on their team with almost 100% HP wondering why they are losing.

Edited by Anij
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

Members
3,411 posts
40,554 battles

Did you update your computer and graphics card? Because depending on when you left, the game has changed quite a bit.

There were sound improvements and graphics upgrades.

It can also be you have a high ping rate and fps drop.

Pay attention to those as it may be an indication of issues with your ISP.

Lastly, your monitor could be playing tricks on you. See if your drivers are up to date.

Recently, Windows had a security update. That update is important and should be addressed before playing the game by checking if the update went through.

Once it does,  restart as usual and you should be okay.

That will rule out the software side of things.

That just leaves the other stuff for you to work on.

Good luck

<O

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,374 posts
2 minutes ago, Anij said:

There is nothing wrong with Yamato except the players who think they are making a effective team contribution by shooting at targets bow on from 18km or more and think that sitting 2 lines from the edge is great effective game play. I find that most Yamato drivers you can safely ignore because they are the least aggressive of all BB players and by far the most timid. I hate having them on a Tier 10 team because they take up slots that any aggressive Tier 8-10 player will fill more effectively. Ignore the passive timid Yamato drivers and then chop them up when they are the last ones on their team with almost 100% HP wondering why they are losing.

Sums it up pretty well.   I jumped on getting the Legendary module and initially my play was unworldly.   I would start out positioned between two of the three caps and be able to shoot at the best target that showed any broadsides.  If the only choice was head on then switch to HE.  Launch a spotter with the mod and I could hit some targets behind islands.   As the game progressed move close.  ....... Then the spammers showed  up.   When it was only Des Moines that was not really an issue.  But throw in a lot more and it was a bit much all too often.     I would turn behind islands and avoid any bow on but that did not cut down on the damage.  

I am a DD main so perhaps someone with more recent success can talk but when I do play BB it is Mass/ Georgia / Jean Bart / Lately Montana with a spotter mod.  but have tended to avoid the Tier 10 BB game. (Kurfurst and Bourgoine seem to be the go to BB;s)

I agree about not thrilled to see a Yamato on the team.   Just too much HE spam to bring it in close.  If it comes in close then everyone shoots at the chin.  As a DD main when I see a Yamato at speed headed to me I just salivate.   Speed boost my boat to get that Yamato!!!!.   I have no fear of secondaries and it is an EASY kill.  Compare Yamato to Kurfurst.   Even without the manual secondary option I get sprayed with gunfire from 10km!  If I get manual secondary selected it is really bad.  So..... 

Perhaps for Tier 10 Ranked Yamato might be a good choice.  - With a 19 Point Captain and the legendary mod! 

• Cool 1

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
609 posts
3,903 battles
25 minutes ago, Anij said:

This. I'm bone-tired of this.

Members
1,374 posts

Yamato is now for the passive player.   Just not much fun anymore. 

Now Georgia !!!!   Heaps of fun....until you show broadsides.... Then it can be a jump out of the seat massive explosion.... while yelling FFFFFFFKKKKK!!!

• Funny 1

[SNGNS]
Members
571 posts
6,488 battles

the problem with yamato (from my view at least) is that you cant be the first one pushing because of the reputation a yam has (BIGGEST GUNS IN WOW (until the super yam comes out at least)) which means you get focused. also everyone and their mother knows the cheeks to clap.

combine everything and yam players get focused hard if they push first so that they need a teammate to push for them (ha team mate pushing, never thought id say that). meaning that most players just stay back and use the powerful guns at long range.

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
1 hour ago, GX9900A said:

Nothing was nerfed about Yamato.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,264 posts
9,843 battles
1 hour ago, GX9900A said:

No, it does not. Sigma only applies to horizontal dispersion (if aiming at broadside ship at flat 90 degrees this means your shell dispersion is narrow when it comes to them not spreading out from bow to stern). It does not apply to vertical dispersion (whether shells land 100m short of the target or 100m  behind of the target's hull).

Before Musashi, Yamato had excellent tight dispersion in both. You could routinely and consistently land three to four hits on a target at 30km range. Musashi's patch however, had them change Musashi dispersion to be worse than Yamato and to do so apparently they needed to change the 18 inch gun code itself...rather than apparently make a whole new gun type for Musashi. That modified 18 inch is used by both Yamato and Musashi.. and Yamato was supposed to get back its accuracy with the legendary module (as usual, IJN hate from soviet devs following putingrad's directive of severe arsehurt payback from tsushima... resulted in IJN being the ONLY country that MUST use its legendary module to get BACK its previous performance while all other nations get BONUS performance). Problem? It only brings back horizontal dispersion..aka sigma. The vertical dispersion Yamato has is now identical to Musashi's nerfed-from-original-yamato-gun version. 

Thus, you get your Yamato shells falling in a tight narrow horizontal patterns with legendary module installed... but most if not all of the shells fall long or short of the target's hull, missing it completely. This is very noticeable at long range...which is supposed to be Yamato's primary advantage engagement zone. 

This is why, if you owned a Yamato pre-Musashi era, have noticed that Yamato's effective, accurate range is no longer beyond 20km but actually under 14km....because at 14km its shell flight path is mostly flat so there is little chance of vertical dispersion. 

That is why, your gigantic , IJN hate code implemented and completely un-historical cheek citadels, get tickled by every BB you try to engage under 14km.... since its the only range you can now be a danger to other ships. 

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
1 hour ago, Skyfaller said:

No, it does not. Sigma only applies to horizontal dispersion (if aiming at broadside ship at flat 90 degrees this means your shell dispersion is narrow when it comes to them not spreading out from bow to stern). It does not apply to vertical dispersion (whether shells land 100m short of the target or 100m  behind of the target's hull).

Before Musashi, Yamato had excellent tight dispersion in both. You could routinely and consistently land three to four hits on a target at 30km range. Musashi's patch however, had them change Musashi dispersion to be worse than Yamato and to do so apparently they needed to change the 18 inch gun code itself...rather than apparently make a whole new gun type for Musashi. That modified 18 inch is used by both Yamato and Musashi.. and Yamato was supposed to get back its accuracy with the legendary module (as usual, IJN hate from soviet devs following putingrad's directive of severe arsehurt payback from tsushima... resulted in IJN being the ONLY country that MUST use its legendary module to get BACK its previous performance while all other nations get BONUS performance). Problem? It only brings back horizontal dispersion..aka sigma. The vertical dispersion Yamato has is now identical to Musashi's nerfed-from-original-yamato-gun version. 

Thus, you get your Yamato shells falling in a tight narrow horizontal patterns with legendary module installed... but most if not all of the shells fall long or short of the target's hull, missing it completely. This is very noticeable at long range...which is supposed to be Yamato's primary advantage engagement zone. 

This is why, if you owned a Yamato pre-Musashi era, have noticed that Yamato's effective, accurate range is no longer beyond 20km but actually under 14km....because at 14km its shell flight path is mostly flat so there is little chance of vertical dispersion. 

That is why, your gigantic , IJN hate code implemented and completely un-historical cheek citadels, get tickled by every BB you try to engage under 14km.... since its the only range you can now be a danger to other ships. 

Can I have whatever you're drinking when you made this

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
894 posts
2,737 battles
1 hour ago, Skyfaller said:

Sigma only applies to horizontal dispersion (if aiming at broadside ship at flat 90 degrees this means your shell dispersion is narrow when it comes to them not spreading out from bow to stern). It does not apply to vertical dispersion (whether shells land 100m short of the target or 100m  behind of the target's hull).

Um, no. 

• Cool 1

[--V--]
Members
1,452 posts
13,765 battles

With all the HE Flameslingers in T10 matches, only players who don't want to play long push in a Yammy.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,260 battles
3 hours ago, Anij said:

Pretty much this. Once in a while they get a serious hit, but mostly they are an easily avoided annoyance, and since they are always visible, a handy target when nothing else is around.

[DPS]
Members
55 posts
3,077 battles

Yammy is too soft, if I try to get close I get obliterated.  If I shoot from a distance I don’t hit anything.  I’m not a good player for sure but Yamato really amplifies that.  I get in my GK and I can actually do some damage.

[BNKR]
Members
1,648 posts
2,806 battles
2 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

This might be the worst post on this entire site. Well done. 

• Boring 1

[DJL]
Banned
33 posts
2,637 battles
4 hours ago, GX9900A said:

maybe a year ago.  i will check that legendary modals.

4 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

To my knowledge Yamato's dispersion and sigma have not been nerfed. The legendary module nerfs her main battery traverse rate to compensate for further improved accuracy.

4 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

This is an outright lie. Yamato guns have not been changed in years.

I am not saying it has changed. am just asking cause something isnt right!!  shooting at broadsided BB with perfect shoot and get 6 overpen isnt wat i used to see from yamato.

4 hours ago, Anij said:

look i wont say am a good player but i was here since beta so am kinda decent BB player. i had like 100+ on my yamato since i back playing and BBs broadside  yamato less than 10k and doesnt recive paddling is just now wat am used to!!?

[DJL]
Banned
33 posts
2,637 battles
4 hours ago, TobTorp said:

the problem with yamato (from my view at least) is that you cant be the first one pushing because of the reputation a yam has (BIGGEST GUNS IN WOW (until the super yam comes out at least)) which means you get focused. also everyone and their mother knows the cheeks to clap.

combine everything and yam players get focused hard if they push first so that they need a teammate to push for them (ha team mate pushing, never thought id say that). meaning that most players just stay back and use the powerful guns at long range.

I forgot how many times am shooting at another broadsided BBs and get like 6 over pen..   thats not the yamato i used to play!!  broadside = paddling

[DJL]
Banned
33 posts
2,637 battles

here is a video of one of my last games.  skip to 1:20

i just dont get how those 2 BBs rnt paddling ?!!   This isnt The Mighty Yamato am used to !!!! 

this is a small example that happen every battle since i came back to WOWS!!!

Something isnt right.

Edited by MaxPain

Members
324 posts
6 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Now Georgia !!!!   Heaps of fun....until you show broadsides.... Then it can be a jump out of the seat massive explosion.... while yelling FFFFFFFKKKKK!!!

Georgia is actually inferior to Iowa in terms of armor and hit points.  For such a strong ship with mighty guns and fantastic secondary armaments she is somewhat....fragile.

But of course, she is still a blast to play!  :cap_win:

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles
16 minutes ago, MaxPain said:

here is a video of one of my last games.  skip to 1:20

i just dont get how those 2 BBs rnt paddling ?!!   This isnt The Mighty Yamato am used to !!!! 

this is a small example that happen every battle since i came back to WOWS!!!

Something isnt right.

Yamato hasn't changed, but the USN BBs have.  The USN BBs have had their citadel lowered to waterline (or close to it), at very close ranges like in the video you're probably not getting citadel hits because you're aiming too high. The shells are penetrating the belt, but then bouncing off the top of the citadel roof.  To counteract this you want to be aiming your shots a bit lower than the waterline.  These changes happened quite a while ago, but if you weren't playing regularly you probably missed them when they were announced.