You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aurora_7

Your First Kraken?

25 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
Members
397 posts
8,141 battles

Mine was today with my Alsace, a ship I had sold and twice and won't be selling again. 

Took me better part of a year to earn this award.

Edited by Aurora_7
  • Cool 2

[WMD]
Members
1,765 posts
10,041 battles

Your.

Unless you meant "you are first, Kraken", in which case good luck! I hear it's a tough beastie to kill.

Edited by VeatherVitch

[AK-49]
Members
397 posts
8,141 battles
6 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

Your.

Oops! Thanks for the note!

Members
1,771 posts
26,611 battles

Well, this was my first RECORDED Kraken, though I apparently already had a few before this round.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,662 posts
12,125 battles

I have 52, but I do not think I have had one for almost 2 years. Lots of 4s.

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
391 posts
11,913 battles

i don't remember, but I do remember I got 9 kills in a Tenryu once, a long time ago, so almost double kraken.

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,680 battles

My first was with Kongo, back in November 2016. The really odd thing about it was it was done with only about 35k damage, and each kill was different than the others. I got a ram( with Die hard) on a cruiser, a devstrike with AP on a cruiser(This was most of my damage from the round), a DD burned out, I got a CQE on another DD, and I killed another cruiser with an HE salvo, because that's what I had loaded after going after the DDs. Myself and the Konig on the other team were the only BBs in the match, as well.

Members
1,477 posts
17,555 battles

I've had 14 of them but I only remember a couple. The first was in a totally stock and unmodified Fuso. I was taking it out for a shake down cruise to see what she could do and pick up a few ship XP to use. The Kraken was so unexpected it's why it sticks in my mind.

Members
337 posts
1,113 battles

In my Mahan a few moths ago. Loved her. Can’t see why people hate her, she can stealth torp which is a great improvement.

[WOLF7]
Members
19 posts
8,083 battles

Congrats on your first Kraken. My first was in a Valkyrie, then memorably a year later I scored two in one day - in a Kagero, and in my inaugural spin in a Mino (my first tier X).  Again, felicitations, I hope you have many more to come.  

[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,117 battles

My first Kraken was in the T7 Pensacola when she was T7. I rammed a battleship for it, but it was for the win and totally worth it. 

[90THB]
Members
196 posts
6,619 battles

Mine was in the T3 Bellerophon.  It came down to 1 vs 3, with me at a little over half health against a low health Bellerophon, half health Kawachi and almost full health South Carolina.  I was engaging the Kawachi when the Bellerophon took a shot, so I burned that one into submission.  As the Kawachi was disengaging, the SC showed up giving me full broadside, so I was able to get multiple citadels with the crappy British AP.  After finishing off the SC, I sailed towards their spawn, spotted the Kawachi and finished it off for the win and the Kraken.  I was still fairly new, but used aggressive angling which I learned about on there here forums to good use, that and consumable management.  I channeled my inner Yuro by being sure to say "bye" in all chat right before my shot landed for the kill.

[WOLF1]
Members
189 posts
20,281 battles

The Kraken is my favorite achievement.  I don't remember my first, but I do remember two on maiden voyages;  the Aigle and, of all boats, the Katori.  I mean that thing looks like a trawler!

Edited by meatgrindr