Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Gutsy Zeppelin

8 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,064 posts
18,507 battles

This video requires some context.  It's a full video of me in my Hood, but I'm not posting it for my play as my game was just an average day in the Hood.  Nothing really spectacular.

First half of game I covered the West flank, and there were some T8 heavies over there, but we stopped their push and they were tanking in an attrition contest they were winning.  It's a Standard game.  So I can't continue that losing game in my T7, so I start to look for better fields of engagement.  If you don't want to watch the beginning, you can pick up at video time tag 5:50 which is where the crazy stuff begins.   When I look for a better line of attack.

At 5:50 (video time tag), I notice our CV has pushed forward in the cul de sac...a good position, but he has no defenders...no support.  It looks like two BBs are coming at him.  So I figure I'd go that way and make it a scrap.  Then, I notice our CV isn't stopping.  He's PUSHING THE CAP...ALONE!!!  I'm like wth.  And there are two BBs at close range.  Again...what is he doing?

If you want to see it unfold as I saw it, watch it now.   If you want is spoiled...click on spoiler below:

Spoiler

He pushed the cap, CCE'd their Hood!  Then CCE'd a CA in a mutual destruction.  And he ended the game top of the board, two CCEs and High Caliber.  Even the enemy came up in all chat calling out his gutsy play.

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,064 posts
6,012 battles

We call that "hoist the wind mill of friendship, we're going in boys"

Typically when ANY german player decides to brawl. 

Brawling is so fun...

[WORX]
Members
11,371 posts
19,183 battles

This is the situation I dread... Tactic complacency by the red team... This was a one and done opportunity and the green CV took it... 

I forced you to push down the middle and cap. in where you probably wouldn't done so.

Since it was the Graf zep. No other CV would get away with it... If someone else tries this, with the same ship in a different match the outcome wouldn't be the same...

To many coincidences to count which ended up in your favor Soshi... In any other circumstances, its a loss.

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,390 posts
4,198 battles

He paid for whole ship, and damn if he ain't going to use the whole ship:Smile_teethhappy:

CCQ a BB, burn another one, bomb the other, and then finish it by CCQing a Helena, all while sitting in their cap:cap_wander_2: I think most of the time the BBs are competent and blap him, but things lined up for him there. Notice how he did it really well too, limiting the number of ships shooting at him, one at a time. And managing secondaries, driving, and planes all at once. This wasn't a yolo, it was a carefully planned a beautifully executed attack. That guy is both lucky and good.

The best part was the Helena, I thought he was going to hide behind the little island and cap out, but nope, charges out and starts a gunfight with a freaking Helena...and doesn't lose. 

I think that takes the term carrying to a whole new level.:cap_rambo:

[-ARP-]
Beta Testers
96 posts
2,842 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

We call that "hoist the wind mill of friendship, we're going in boys"

Typically when ANY german player decides to brawl. 

Brawling is so fun...

Dude I'm stealing that phrase.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,064 posts
6,012 battles

That's not the real phrase, it just had to be made PC for the forum. 

Sign in to follow this