You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yellow_Weasel

Please fix low tier AI CV bot's!

13 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
121 battles

Hey WeeGee, 

Can you change the BOT AI for CV's? 

All they do is pick one DD at the beginning and head right at him regardless if they are spotted or not and harass him the WHOLE DAMN GAME. DD sits in smoke, planes hover over the smoke cloud and continues. 

Yeah yeah I know they don't normally hit anything but as a low level DD beginning the game it is annoying to not get the opportunity to utilize your stealth to move about the map tactfully with out these buzzards ALWAYS AROUND. 

No I'm not talking about Co_Op's that one I can avoid, it's the  low tier randoms that spawn two AI CV's (for some dumb reason) 

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
10,731 posts
9,936 battles

You have few enough battles that you still have bots in your random battles.  After a certain number of battles, you no longer have bots included.

After that, you will have human CV players instead of bots.

And things will likely get worse.

• Funny 1

Members
4 posts
121 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You have few enough battles that you still have bots in your random battles.  After a certain number of battles, you no longer have bots included.

Well that is discouraging...well at least with human CV's I hope they get bored when I smoke up and move on. 

[WOLFG]
Members
10,731 posts
9,936 battles
Just now, Yellow_Weasel said:

Well that is discouraging...well at least with human CV's I hope they get bored when I smoke up and move on. 

Someone with a newer account can tell you exactly how many battles.

Members
3,143 posts
584 battles

just another FYI OP....

AAA for tiers 1-4:
PSCcsTQ.gif

ESPECIALLY DDs....
OMG the poor poor DDs ...

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Boring 1

[DENY]
Members
641 posts
9,912 battles
35 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

The BOT CV does the same thing in COOP as well.

As in, sometimes the CV will literally ignore every other ship, the entire game, including other DDS that are shooting at the CV, to fly across the map to attack another DD. It's pretty weird and annoying. I could even understand if the DD being attacked was at very low health, but I've been full health, never even hit by the CV and had it do nothing but attack me the entire match. I suspect it has something to do with low AA on a DD and being alone, because that's when it happens the most.

It can't be fun for any newer player.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,481 posts
19,230 battles
46 minutes ago, Yellow_Weasel said:

No I'm not talking about Co_Op's that one I can avoid, it's the  low tier randoms that spawn two AI CV's (for some dumb reason) 

ATM You're in protective MM... After you finish that, you join the humans in Randoms... There is nothing to fix there... The threats are tailored to you level...

Members
4 posts
121 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

ATM You're in protective MM... After you finish that, you join the humans in Randoms... There is nothing to fix there... The threats are tailored to you level...

I face some humans, just figured there wasn't enough queuing at low tiers. 

Well regardless of any "Protective" status it doesn't change what I'm asking. Change the AI so that it don't pick on one DD for the whole game without anything one could do. 

Other humans are seeing me and focusing me because they can always see me...REAL fun let me tell you. 

[WORX]
Members
11,481 posts
19,230 battles
9 minutes ago, Yellow_Weasel said:

I face some humans, just figured there wasn't enough queuing at low tiers. 

Well regardless of any "Protective" status it doesn't change what I'm asking. Change the AI so that it don't pick on one DD for the whole game without anything one could do. 

Other humans are seeing me and focusing me because they can always see me...REAL fun let me tell you. 

Any humans you see are your follow new guys... Once you're cleared  that phase of the game... Randoms are populated with only humans about %90 of your battles.

WHile Co-op (the original trainer/educational part of the game), will be only bots on the red side..

I can recommend to change your tactics... I also know, CV matches like high tiers (tiers 8 to 10) gaming experience, are an acquired taste.

Edited by Navalpride33

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
3 minutes ago, Yellow_Weasel said:

Change the AI so that it don't pick on one DD for the whole game without anything one could do. 

Like said above, once protective MM is over it will be a human doing that but they hit way more often than the bots. Human piloted CVs will go for you in the smoke and tend to wait out the smoke.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,216 posts
14,759 battles

Bot CV AI tends to focus on the first ship it spots which is awesome if you have good or better AA but not so good if you don't.

[WOLFC]
Members
513 posts
7,450 battles

Yeah, the CV AI is...not good. At the very least they need to rework it so smoke and toggling your AA actually works against it. This would help new players better prepare for random games more than what it is now. Currently the only thing an AI carrier is good for is farming plane kills and providing a damage pinata at the end of a match (if you're lucky).

Members
4 posts
121 battles

Okay so I changed things up, taking what someone said about being the first spotted I sat back at the beginning. Never was detected, CV came right at me in a b-line and hovered his planes over me all match. 

Well if this is how the game is then I just might take my time elsewhere...if CV's get worst than the game isn't fun, why play something that isn't fun?