You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zeus_cat

What is the max number of ships to effectively cap?

8 comments in this topic

[O_S_D]
Members
190 posts
16,561 battles

I just got chewed out for not taking my Sinop into a cap.  We already had 3 ships in the enemy cap and I wasn't even close to it, and given that I was in a Sinop I wasn't going to get there anytime soon.  My allies were well ahead of the enemy capping us, I headed towards our base to defend.  I shot at the enemy in our cap and that gets me a "wth Sinop, why aren't you capping?" from an ally.  The battle ended 10 seconds later when we finished capping.

[PVE]
Members
20,069 posts
12,769 battles
7 minutes ago, Zeus_cat said:

I just got chewed out for not taking my Sinop into a cap.  We already had 3 ships in the enemy cap and I wasn't even close to it, and given that I was in a Sinop I wasn't going to get there anytime soon.  My allies were well ahead of the enemy capping us, I headed towards our base to defend.  I shot at the enemy in our cap and that gets me a "wth Sinop, why aren't you capping?" from an ally.  The battle ended 10 seconds later when we finished capping.

Two or more captures at the same rate, so they were already getting the max cap points as it was.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Game_Modes

Domination

There are 2-4 control areas, displayed as white diamonds with the letters A-D on them. Teams earn control of a capture point by having ships within the designated control area; additional ships within the boundary will increase the speed of capture: one ship within a boundary will capture an area in 60 seconds; two or more will capture an area in 40 seconds. (For Ranked Battles and Clan Battles, these values are 40 and ~27 seconds, respectively.) Capture progress is halted at its present level in the capture area if ships from both teams are present. Once captured, each capture area gives points to the team that owns it on a regular interval per the table below, unless an enemy ship is in that capture area.

Standard

Sailing into the enemy's control area will immediately prevent them from accruing points from it, as well as beginning the capture of it (unless they also occupy it). Taking damage will cause a ship to lose half of the capture points it has accrued. If an enemy ship enters your control area, the capture indicator will rotate to indicate that the point is being contested. Capture progress for the enemy team is indicated by the point marker border changing from green to red. One ship will fully capture the enemy base in 180 seconds; two or more will do so in 120 seconds. A team that captures the enemy base gets 1000 points and wins the battle.

Epicenter

Capture durations:

circular area: 55 seconds (1 ship), ~37 seconds (more than 1 ship)
inner ring: 40 seconds (1 ship), ~27 seconds (more than 1 ship)
outer ring: 25 seconds (1 ship), ~17 seconds (more than 1 ship)

[WORX]
Members
11,488 posts
19,230 battles

I am more thinking not in capping terms but a BB in caps are  easy to reset the cap progress from long range...

Sometimes its a calculated gamble to take for the win, I'll take it...

[O_S_D]
Members
190 posts
16,561 battles

Thanks for the answers.  I thought it was 3, but 2 makes it even more obvious I did the right thing by sailing toward our base to try to reset their cap attempt.  If I somehow had made it to the enemy cap at my blistering top speed I felt I would have made a good reset target for them.  

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,914 posts
11,682 battles
55 minutes ago, Zeus_cat said:

wth Sinop, why aren't you capping?"

This is almost polite compared to some toxic requests or comments I recieved.

[-VT-]
Members
949 posts
27,067 battles

two ………..but let say there are three and one is a BB. The cap will not reset if the other team is shooting at that third ship. Not sure how is calculate which are the two capping but I have seen it happen allot so sometimes getting that third one is good just to draw fire. Allot of people want black and white answers but situation and context is needed most times to get a valid answer

Edited by vikingno2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,216 posts
14,759 battles

Two is the maximum for the capping rate but extra ships help dilute any retrograde in the capping from hits.