You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Another sub par set of ships

10 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
652 posts
23,119 battles

Ok the new British heavy? cruisers are here. So far 

1. Bad armor, angling does little to help

2. shells do less damage then 152s, slow reload

At least we can get them free and sell them. Why put ships in that most people wont play?  Guess the dev want to pat themselves on the back for the pixel work, which is great but mechanics and balance should be a priority. 

Not a rhetorical post just an opinion.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Some will think they are strong.  Some will think that they are weak.  Same goes for every ship line.

It all depends on your playstyle, and that's the beauty of it.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,868 posts
26,404 battles
14 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Some will think they are strong.  Some will think that they are weak.  Same goes for every ship line.

It all depends on your playstyle, and that's the beauty of it.

I have no idea, maybe some think every ship should be the Hindenburg? That every ship should be able run about in open water with impunity?

In any case, I tend to like what are often labeled as ‘bad’ ships, and thusly don’t really see why others think they are ‘bad.’

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
21 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

In any case, I tend to like what are often labeled as ‘bad’ ships, and thusly don’t really see why others think they are ‘bad.’

Me too.  I like defying popular opinion.

[TXGUN]
Beta Testers
3,219 posts
26,854 battles
48 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

At least we can get them free and sell them. Why put ships in that most people wont play?  Guess the dev want to pat themselves on the back for the pixel work, which is great but mechanics and balance should be a priority. 

The only that's a failed is the tier 5 British cruisers . The rest are good and can take a beating .  

[FEM]
Members
2,066 posts
17,210 battles

Here's the deal. Not all lines need or should have a gimmick. Not all lines need to or should be exceptionally strong on release. Not all lines need to break the balance of the game. In fact, lines like this are more like the older lines, a solid line with very little fuss, unlike the SAP italians or heavy armor accurate up close russian BBs.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
910 posts
10,648 battles
36 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Here's the deal. Not all lines need or should have a gimmick. Not all lines need to or should be exceptionally strong on release. Not all lines need to break the balance of the game. In fact, lines like this are more like the older lines, a solid line with very little fuss, unlike the SAP italians or heavy armor accurate up close russian BBs.

Agree with this. I like new lines and the content but it’s nice to see a non-gimmicky ship line. When the Italian line was released it was “garbage”, low and behold it actually isn’t. People will figure out how to make these work and be effective I’m sure.

[STURM]
Members
721 posts
5,909 battles

This is the great catch-22 of any live service PvP game. Whenever new content comes out, people will complain about it being weak if it isn't immediately better than previous content, and complain about power creep if it is.

Heck, most of the time, people will complain about both, at the same time!

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
1 hour ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

You have to keep everything weak to make the Russian stuff perfict.