Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazynewt76

Dear Fellow Dd drivers and everyone else

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

26
[TF-O7]
Members
50 posts

Have you ever been cursed at yelled at degraded in every form by the BBs and CLs?  
 

First off if you are dedicated dd player you have seen this from the first time you spawned in your first DD. CAP THIS SPOT THAT LAY A SMOKE SCREEN HYDRO THAT!! SCREEN THE TORPS!!!

I ground up the KM line, the American line, the Japanese line and half of the British line. I am not the best player, in fact I might just be average. I do have quite a few DD battles under my belt and like to think that while I am not the best, I have a good grasp on how to DD.

My w/r ratio suffers badly on a few of my ships barely cresting 45 while some are in the higher 50s.

I want to say this. I just recently had a battle we’re I was called derogatory names laughed at a got reported for not charging a cap and spotting for a BB. My response was harsh but professional where in the end I said that I hoped to get paired with him just to watch his island hugging butt fail again. 
 

I got a chat ban for this.  The chat ban does not bother me in the slightest bit. The principal does. I play a DD which is a high risk high reward style of play. I expect to be yelled at cursed out and called a potato by all the BBs and island humping CLs.

The ironic thing is...  I run with Radio .. and report were I detect an enemy DD.  FYI you don’t have to see a ship to know it’s there. Now for the next few days  I have to watch as our team gets decimated by another red ship that I could have warned other ships about.

Going forward  And I call on all other Dds to do the same  I will never rush cap or put my ship at risk so an island humping CL or BB can farm damage.  No longer will I cap until I have support and the area is clear.  No longer will I do anything that will put my ship in danger for another ship. No longer will I waste smoke or hydro unless my ship could be in danger, and never again will I sacrifice my ship to take torps meant for you.
 

BBs and CLs cap your own points and spot your own ships. Use you own hydro , and blow your own smoke outa your stack.

Support me and I will do ALL of those things.

  • Cool 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
502
[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,656 posts
12,120 battles

Already do most of this.  Play the way you want. Team game.  If are not having fun and getting destroyed every turn, that when you change to another ship, or not play.   As a DD player, playing unselfish, you sacrifice damage on behalf of giving eyes to the ships on your team.  Put this way.  That BB puts up 220k dmg game would not necessarily do it without the spotting.  Survive and win it in the end.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
[O_S_D]
Members
190 posts
16,450 battles

Winning for the team is the important thing.  A bb that wants you to be their personal servant is not working for the team. 

Running to a cap first thing can be suicidal for the dd, so I always approach a cap with caution.  Also, when capping, make sure you have an escape route BEFORE you go in.  And avoid smoking.  Smoking works in coop, but in randoms it is one of my favorite targets for torps.  See smoke?  Torp it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[TF-O7]
Members
50 posts

Oh dying isn’t an issue. Staying alive till the end is actually a challenge but I’ve actually been told that I suck because I lived till the end of a game that we won. 
 

Dds are not fodder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,374 posts

and people wonder why there are so many “accidental” torp hits.   

I have noticed that at Tier 10 this behavior is found less often.   When I do see toxic DD chat the offender cannot be torped due to an Island or with other more friendly ships.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[TF-O7]
Members
50 posts
3 minutes ago, Zeus_cat said:

 

Running to a cap first thing can be suicidal for the dd, so I always approach a cap with caution.

I do the same thing. But the point is that the “team” is constantly reporting the DD for not charging the cap or going through the whole “our Dds suck” line...

 

I am just so sick of being reported and now banned for playing my ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
89
[O_S_D]
Members
190 posts
16,450 battles
34 minutes ago, crazynewt76 said:

I do the same thing. But the point is that the “team” is constantly reporting the DD for not charging the cap or going through the whole “our Dds suck” line...

 

I am just so sick of being reported and now banned for playing my ship. 

If I don't plan on running into the cap I often tell my team what I am doing as a dd.  Sometimes it is best to stay just outside the cap and spam it with torps.  When help shows up then you can cap. 

What the friendly dds do often dictates to the rest of the team what they should do.  So tell them what you are doing.  If someone demands that you cap, demand that they support you with radar, HE spamming cruisers, etc.  It is stupid to lose a dd in the first few minutes trying to cap alone.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[TF-O7]
Members
50 posts

I seriously doubt that most players know just what type of role the DD plays. They think it just a point capper and spotter.

The DD is the most powerful ship in the fleet if played right. Anyone can cap but can anyone delete the highest health pooled BB in a dev strike with one salvo without that BB ever seeing them?  Or shut down a side with carefully placed torpedoes under cover?  Or how about ferreting out that island humping HE spammers so your team can delete them? And all without touching a cap... and then winning. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
371
[SIM]
Members
1,659 posts

Hardly ever charge for the caps these days when running a DD. Have charged the cap with BB or CA, all depends on what the opposition has in the area at that time. DD actions all depends on the feel i get from the team during the initial part of the game. If they are willing to support or if they turn tail and run or if the just play hide and shoot. 

As far as the negative comments the team puts out. If they can say it, then they can take any comments i put out .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,967
[USCC2]
Members
6,171 posts

@crazynewt76 Not to take away your experience in a DD and the things other ship type Captains expect you to do - but I expect those other ship types get the same back(?)

DDs probably complain at their own team for not supporting and firing at spotted enemy DDs; BBs that stay back; CVs that aren't everywhere helping everyone lol. Expectations on what a particular ship type should do is probably not reserved only for the DD. Of course it isn't great and I'm sure everyone would love teams that gel and do what they are 'expected to do' (which can be different depending on the game and how it progresses).

I just look to depend on me when I play; I do the things I think will help the team, but don't count on them helping me. Of course this introduces a certain restriction to the playstyle, but it also means when something goes wrong it is invariably only me I have to blame (so no reason to feel aggrieved with anyone else and get a chat ban for it). And if I am in a Div or just get help from a random team mate then it makes the game even better (win or lose)! :cap_like: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[TF-O7]
Members
50 posts
53 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

@crazynewt76 Not to take away your experience in a DD and the things other ship type Captains expect you to do - but I expect those other ship types get the same back(?)

Funny thing is that up until this last time I keep my mouth shut. This BB he not only was complaining about me spotting for him (from a cap point away). He was behind an island literally pumping salvo after salvo into the island, while he took 5 minutes to get around the island.

Regardless of the incident. I just want to see Dds start to push back on these BBs and CLs.

Get off the rear line get out from behind that island and cap your own point.  Some do and my hat is off to them but most just yolo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,967
[USCC2]
Members
6,171 posts
12 minutes ago, crazynewt76 said:

Funny thing is that up until this last time I keep my mouth shut. This BB he not only was complaining about me spotting for him (from a cap point away). He was behind an island literally pumping salvo after salvo into the island, while he took 5 minutes to get around the island.

Regardless of the incident. I just want to see Dds start to push back on these BBs and CLs.

Get off the rear line get out from behind that island and cap your own point.  Some do and my hat is off to them but most just yolo. 

Unfortunately this will not change - but I talk about the players rather than 'ship types'.

There will always be those that want to blame someone else for a loss (as if they weren't part of the team!), don't rise to the bait, play your game the best you can. The only thing I would say is don't discount everything if it sounds negative, you never know, someone could be genuinely giving advice - it's pretty easy to tell, I'm sure you can tell the difference anyway. :cap_like:

The only thing I would add is don't make it a 'ship type against ship type' thing - all ships have their strengths and weaknesses and no matter what some may say, I do believe that a team that works together stands a better chance of winning (and that means all ships in the team play their part).

I hope your games remain clear of toxicity sir. :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,070
[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,385 battles

I play over 60% of my games as a DD. I feel your pain, OP.

In a game today, on Atlantic, I spawned near C cap on the West spawn. Opposing radar: Cleveland, Puerto Rico, Chapayev and Missouri. Opposing DD: Z52, Shimakaze, Yugumo.

So, 4 radar boats and my Udaloi is out spotted by all of the enemy DDs. To boot, one is a Z52 with powerful hydro and the other 2 can torp me into Valhalla. 

Now, C cap on Atlantic....well, it suuuuucks. It's a natural trap, and usually the first one or two ships that venture in there die early. I messaged my team that there was no reason to try to cap it immediately, as that would be suicide for me, considering the radar and the detection advantage of the opposing DDs. I also explained that it would be smartest for us to defend C cap and kill anything that was silly enough to go in there early. I took a route that positioned me to the South of the C cap, between it and B cap, where I am able to spot ships and use my guns to support both caps.

Our Montana called me a coward and was really mad at me for not capping right away.

Long story short, they sent 3 of the 4 radars to C, plus the Yugumo and 2 BBs. I surprised the Yugumo with my aggressive positioning, and easily outgunned him. I helped chase the Shimakaze off the B cap and we held that cap for the duration of the game. I set fires and kept the Chappy spotted until we sunk him, and then I capped C, completely unopposed, after which I was able to break through and flank. In the ensuing storm that moved in, I ran down and sank the Z-52 and the Puerto Rico for a double strike. At that point, the game was effectively over. I had carried  hardcore.

The Montana realized his mistake, and apologized in port. He explained that he doesn't play DD much. I was not surprised.

The moral of the story, though, is WHO CARES?? By that I mean, who gives a zhit about what some clueless BB player thinks of you? Let your play speak for itself.

I really should post that replay someday....

 

image.thumb.png.645dc053121c6c2b375881c2a73cb551.png

 


 

game.png

Edited by legozer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
605
[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles
On 1/20/2020 at 7:32 AM, crazynewt76 said:

Have you ever been cursed at yelled at degraded in every form by the BBs and CLs?  
 

First off if you are dedicated dd player you have seen this from the first time you spawned in your first DD. CAP THIS SPOT THAT LAY A SMOKE SCREEN HYDRO THAT!! SCREEN THE TORPS!!!

I ground up the KM line, the American line, the Japanese line and half of the British line. I am not the best player, in fact I might just be average. I do have quite a few DD battles under my belt and like to think that while I am not the best, I have a good grasp on how to DD.

My w/r ratio suffers badly on a few of my ships barely cresting 45 while some are in the higher 50s.

I want to say this. I just recently had a battle we’re I was called derogatory names laughed at a got reported for not charging a cap and spotting for a BB. My response was harsh but professional where in the end I said that I hoped to get paired with him just to watch his island hugging butt fail again. 
 

I got a chat ban for this.  The chat ban does not bother me in the slightest bit. The principal does. I play a DD which is a high risk high reward style of play. I expect to be yelled at cursed out and called a potato by all the BBs and island humping CLs.

The ironic thing is...  I run with Radio .. and report were I detect an enemy DD.  FYI you don’t have to see a ship to know it’s there. Now for the next few days  I have to watch as our team gets decimated by another red ship that I could have warned other ships about.

Going forward  And I call on all other Dds to do the same  I will never rush cap or put my ship at risk so an island humping CL or BB can farm damage.  No longer will I cap until I have support and the area is clear.  No longer will I do anything that will put my ship in danger for another ship. No longer will I waste smoke or hydro unless my ship could be in danger, and never again will I sacrifice my ship to take torps meant for you.
 

BBs and CLs cap your own points and spot your own ships. Use you own hydro , and blow your own smoke outa your stack.

Support me and I will do ALL of those things.

*Removes your KM, USN, and IJN DD and replaces it with a fancy new French DD*

Now when that happens the rest of your team can laugh and tell them to ask you for smoke while he's at it. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by Vekta408

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[WAP]
Beta Testers
321 posts
10,761 battles
On 1/20/2020 at 9:32 AM, crazynewt76 said:

My response was harsh but professional where in the end I said that I hoped to get paired with him just to watch his island hugging butt fail again. 
 

I got a chat ban for this.

I'm going to call bull on this.  You've been annoying enough that multiple people have gone to the effort of hitting the report button.   That's not one dude who was being pissy.  That's you earning those over multiple games. 

Ignore the comments of people doing stupid things.  Play smart and earn positive karma from appreciative team mates. It's really not that hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,146
[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,459 posts
13,599 battles

A salty [edited]wannabe Chester Nimitz can blow his fart bag all game for all I care.  It changes nothing.

DDs control a lot of the tempo of battles depending on how you scout, and if you decide to deny vision to the enemy.  I’ll cap when I feel it’s safe to do so and I’ll ignore caps to prolong game that are already won to try to get more damage.

 If Mr Nimitz wants team work He can go find players to div with or shut up and spend more time thinking about how you can use the pieces on the board to your advantage.

I hear this a lot in my PMs and replay analysis videos.  DD players need to stop getting pressured into questionable or bad situations.  Your ship is your responsibility and if you don’t live till the end game the fault ultimately lies with you.  So if you think something is stupid or bad just don’t do it.  Who cares if they rage, if you have done your job well the scoreboard will speak for you.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
988
[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,321 posts
13,270 battles

 

  1. It's called TEAM objective. If anyone asks you to do it alone, tell them to GFY.
  2. This is not even a real team game.
  3. Team plays don't pay (in XP and credits)

Seriously though. If you decide not to cap at the beginning, state it in chat and let them know you are spotting for them first. If they don't like it. Well. Tough.

 

Edited by chewonit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×