Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Clan Battles: "Sea of Fortune" Season

57 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles

How many people actually participate in clan battles? I have never been in a single one since I have started playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531
[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
10,268 battles
1 minute ago, Raven2303 said:

How many people actually participate in clan battles? I have never been in a single one since I have started playing.

Does your clan actively do clan battles?  It has to be coordinated and setup by your clan leaders, you don't just select the mode and hit battle.

As for numbers, WG has stats for clan battles, and they publish them at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
Just now, StrykerNC said:

Does your clan actively do clan battles?  It has to be coordinated and setup by your clan leaders, you don't just select the mode and hit battle.

As for numbers, WG has stats for clan battles, and they publish them at the end of the season.

Ive been in several clans and not once have they mentioned doing clan battles, and when clan battles are started, I am the only one on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[-GDP-]
Members
21 posts
21,496 battles

clan battles should be a little more fair meaning that  clans new to clan warfair should be pitted against like clans not just sent to their death against much more experienced clans last time our clan played 8 straight loses  due to clans not being pitted against like clans no fun being sent out just to be killed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
53 posts
16,922 battles

The best 'mode' to get the most people to participate in as many Clan Battles as possible is to go with a 6 vs 6 format.  There is a lot of sitting around waiting for a 7th clansman to show up; last season's 8 vs 8 was even worse as my Clan went from averaging 17 battles/games a night to only 8 1/2, it sucked!  :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531
[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
10,268 battles
4 minutes ago, ReyWayvonRichthof said:

Why are there no carriers?

It was decided by WG before the first CB season, that CVs would be OP since everyone would be spotted most all of the time. There could be very little map tactics.

6 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

Ive been in several clans and not once have they mentioned doing clan battles, and when clan battles are started, I am the only one on

Well ... Some clans specifically DON'T want to do CBs.. Some clans do....I suggest you message your clan leaders If there is little or no interest, find a new clan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[-CK-]
Members
124 posts
9,459 battles

Majority my clan-myself included-has zero interesting in doing CB this season, despite us being a storm-typh clan. Weegee has managed to kill any willpower to play this game in a lot of people, and this season is only worse. I can't wait until the rest of the clan has no interest in playing as well, so I can uninstall this crappy game and never look back.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43
[FFG33]
Members
558 posts
23,971 battles

Clan battles are great but come too often.  Twice a year would be awesome...and make it something to look forward to.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,664
[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,778 posts
22,305 battles

If there's a module sale, you can stock the rental ships with discounted modules and when they go away, the modules will be dismounted into your inventory.

A small savings to be had.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
99 posts
6,769 battles

I like (WOW) but how can I get a tear (X) if I am lost account and other things that make it harder to get the ship. minding that I am very happy to get test ships. but I like USSR fleets, they are like the Greek fleets and I like them, but How can I get in if I have a clan and there are times I am in a fight and the other fleets are AFK on one side of the map. Minding I was once with them on the same side. Oh?? thank you for the west Virginia  that was a real cool thing to get that,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
52 posts
6,126 battles

Can't wait ,  it will be our 1st one in 2 yrs (lots of new members - tired of tanks ). We might get sent to Davy Jones locker by Red,  but looking forward to seeing you all on the seas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
481
[HOLE]
Members
262 posts
2,366 battles
4 hours ago, BlizzardHero said:

Majority my clan-myself included-has zero interesting in doing CB this season, despite us being a storm-typh clan. Weegee has managed to kill any willpower to play this game in a lot of people, and this season is only worse. I can't wait until the rest of the clan has no interest in playing as well, so I can uninstall this crappy game and never look back.

 If you and you're clan mates have such an issue with the game or clan battles, Then why not simply uninstall the game?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
481
[HOLE]
Members
262 posts
2,366 battles

Some seem to think its all about them when it comes to what should  or not be allowed in clan battles. I wished WG would grow a pair and just run all classes of ships in clan battles and move forward building the game. Maybe open up tier class to get those who are working up the experience in clan battles win or loose.

Also there is nothing wrong with having competition battles year around. If you get burnt out. Take a break, there is nothing making you run every season other than one ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
266 posts
21,188 battles
29 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

 If you and you're clan mates have such an issue with the game or clan battles, Then why not simply uninstall the game?

Its because people love to stomp their feet and have temper-tantrums on the forums. I find it funny when people say they are "uninstalling" the game when in reality they aren't.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4 posts
3,673 battles
32 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

 If you and you're clan mates have such an issue with the game or clan battles, Then why not simply uninstall the game?

Some of us are, but the ones who actively want to play Clan Battles shouldn't get punished for us not wanting to play. Beyond that, unsurprisingly, a number of people in our clan love the game underneath all of the [edited] that WG has dumped on us in the past couple months, and don't feel like leaving without registering our complaints, on that point-oh-oh-one percent chance that WG listens, for once.

4 minutes ago, ShadowGamer101st said:

Its because people love to stomp their feet and have temper-tantrums on the forums. I find it funny when people say they are "uninstalling" the game when in reality they aren't.

image.png.42ed83eff3bc0dc167c1d309d82be03b.png You were saying?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
266 posts
21,188 battles
3 minutes ago, MonochromeTenko said:

Some of us are, but the ones who actively want to play Clan Battles shouldn't get punished for us not wanting to play. Beyond that, unsurprisingly, a number of people in our clan love the game underneath all of the [edited] that WG has dumped on us in the past couple months, and don't feel like leaving without registering our complaints, on that point-oh-oh-one percent chance that WG listens, for once.

image.png.42ed83eff3bc0dc167c1d309d82be03b.png You were saying?

Wow you did it! Congratz you found the exit.

29594753_2038661186392694_4241828515326458541_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,897
[SALVO]
Members
26,581 posts
31,375 battles
21 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

Some seem to think its all about them when it comes to what should  or not be allowed in clan battles. I wished WG would grow a pair and just run all classes of ships in clan battles and move forward building the game. Maybe open up tier class to get those who are working up the experience in clan battles win or loose.

Also there is nothing wrong with having competition battles year around. If you get burnt out. Take a break, there is nothing making you run every season other than one ego.

 

6 hours ago, ReyWayvonRichthof said:

Why are there no carriers?

The problem with carriers in clan battles at the usual team sizes is that they overpower the normal CBs metas.  A few weeks back when there was a 12v12 clan brawl, carriers were allowed, and it wasn't a big deal because the teams were larger and able to function adequately in a carrier environment.  But when the teams are around 6v6 or 7v7, that's too few ships to properly play a clan battles engagement with carriers present.  It just wouldn't work.

Now, personally, I'd love to have a CBs season of 12v12, but I also recognize the reality that with current clan sizes, it's very difficult to get that many players online to form such larger teams.  (Of course, if WG were to increase the max size of WoWS clans to 100, that would probably change things.)   But with small teams, carriers just seem like a no go to me.

 

5 hours ago, FJB_3 said:

Clan battles are great but come too often.  Twice a year would be awesome...and make it something to look forward to.

I agree that there are too many CBs seasons per year.  Two might be too few, but maybe 3 would be nice.  For whatever reason, WG seems to think that they have to have events like CBs or Ranked or Sprints, etc. running almost constantly.  But I think that it burns out players.

 

6 hours ago, MadMaxMav said:

The best 'mode' to get the most people to participate in as many Clan Battles as possible is to go with a 6 vs 6 format.  There is a lot of sitting around waiting for a 7th clansman to show up; last season's 8 vs 8 was even worse as my Clan went from averaging 17 battles/games a night to only 8 1/2, it sucked!  :-(

I'm sorry but I personally dislike smaller teams.  I enjoyed the 8v8 season because the teams were large enough to allow 2 BBs per team, rather than just one.  If your clan has difficulty getting enough players to play CBs, then maybe you need to recruit players more willing to play CBs or expand your max clan size and roster (if possible), or move to a different clan that's more interested in CBs.  

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4 posts
3,673 battles
1 minute ago, ShadowGamer101st said:

Wow you did it! Congratz you found the exit.

29594753_2038661186392694_4241828515326458541_n.jpg

Thanks it's been liberating tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,745
[O7]
Members
1,039 posts
6,635 battles
7 hours ago, TheURLGuy said:

Rules of the Eighth Season of Clan Battles—"Sea of Fortune." Participate and earn Steel!


Read it on the portal

Please explain why you have decided to overlap the time zone with typical 9-5 work hours again?

Do you really expect me to quit my job?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[SIM]
Members
1,714 posts

The times for this season of Clan Battles is extremely bad. Have already been notified by a few members that they will not be able to run. WG you should have left the times alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×