You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ARP_Kongo

Can we talk about some Changes to CV and AA

12 comments in this topic

[90THV]
Members
15 posts
6,983 battles

Alright so with the CV rework been out for a while and the mass ride of changes to them can we get a few changes.

1) hull Control for CV..... the only class that cant control there ship when attacking and it be nice to be able to control the speed and rudder of the CV trying to avoid torps while attacking a target. 

2) AA for CV..... with the change to priority sector CV cant really make use of it. So my idea would be giving t8 and t10 cv a DAAF one that the player triggers that last 2 mins. this will boost the passive AA of the CV to that of what a ship boost is with the priority sector. This will also make it when CV run out of the Fighters they still have something to help shoot planes down. 

3) Massive AA Fire.... THIS SKILL IS USELESS we need a revert on it. because as it is now this skill is kinda pointless any ship with good AA isn't gonna take this and any ship with bad AA wouldn't take it because the 4 points could be put somewhere else. so either revert the skill back to a more AA focus skill. either back to what is was or something that reduces the CD of the sector and maybe slightly increase the initial damage. but still keep the Active time. this will make it better for pure AA ship and then the skill will have some use. 

4) letting the Tiltda key turn the AA on even when the Priority sector is on Cooldown..... this is more for DD as they turn there AA on and off all the time being able to hit the Tiltda key to just turn it back on all the time rather then reaching all the way over the the P key to turn it back on is a real pain in the [edited]. 

these are just some of my idea id like to hear some reasonable change idea in the comments. and maybe if we get some votes on this then WG can actually implement them. 

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles
4 minutes ago, ARP_Kongo said:

maybe if we get some votes on this then WG can actually implement them. 

Good luck with that.

1 - Not even sure how they would program that.  You can only control one entity at a time - controlling 2 would be incredibly awkward and a pretty high skill gap.

2 - CVs already pretty much decimate aircraft...not sure they need better AA.

3 - Lots of skills need a rework but yea, I agree that one is bad.

4 - I don't play that way so no real opinion.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,191 posts
14,756 battles

3) Massive AA Fire is useless and can actually reduce the AA DPS of ships with good AA but it does help ships with weak AA, mostly tier 3, 4, & some tier 5. 

Edited by BrushWolf

[SALVO]
Members
25,512 posts
27,502 battles
11 minutes ago, ARP_Kongo said:

Alright so with the CV rework been out for a while and the mass ride of changes to them can we get a few changes.

1) hull Control for CV..... the only class that cant control there ship when attacking and it be nice to be able to control the speed and rudder of the CV trying to avoid torps while attacking a target. 

2) AA for CV..... with the change to priority sector CV cant really make use of it. So my idea would be giving t8 and t10 cv a DAAF one that the player triggers that last 2 mins. this will boost the passive AA of the CV to that of what a ship boost is with the priority sector. This will also make it when CV run out of the Fighters they still have something to help shoot planes down. 

3) Massive AA Fire.... THIS SKILL IS USELESS we need a revert on it. because as it is now this skill is kinda pointless any ship with good AA isn't gonna take this and any ship with bad AA wouldn't take it because the 4 points could be put somewhere else. so either revert the skill back to a more AA focus skill. either back to what is was or something that reduces the CD of the sector and maybe slightly increase the initial damage. but still keep the Active time. this will make it better for pure AA ship and then the skill will have some use. 

4) letting the Tiltda key turn the AA on even when the Priority sector is on Cooldown..... this is more for DD as they turn there AA on and off all the time being able to hit the Tiltda key to just turn it back on all the time rather then reaching all the way over the the P key to turn it back on is a real pain in the [edited]. 

these are just some of my idea id like to hear some reasonable change idea in the comments. and maybe if we get some votes on this then WG can actually implement them. 

1. I'm with Baldy on this.  I don't even know how they'd program it without completely recoding the CV/squadron interaction for carriers entirely.  Heck, I'd be happy if I could just see the rudder and speed settings for my CV while I'm in the planes.  It's annoying to not even be able to see that small amount of data.

2. This is right up there with point #1, as you have to be in the CV to be able to choose which side you want to reinforce.

3. IIRC, Massive AA Fire was meant to be an AA skill for ships with low AA, not ships with strong AA.  But conceptually, that seems dumb.  How the heck are you supposed to produce "massive" AA from a ship with weak AA in the first place???  Personally, I think that they should remove this skill and replace it with something totally different, not even related to AA, though off the top of my head, I have no suggestions.  

4. Just go into Settings|Controls and reset the turn on/off AA and Secs to use the tilde key.  That said, you still have to reach over to use the 'O' key for AA sector control, so I'm not sure if it's that big a deal.  Personally, I've never found the use of the 'P' key to be an issue.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,020 battles

1). NO

2). NO

3). NO

4). NO

How about we make CVs as killable as every other ship out there by getting rid of their special fire and flooding mechanics and REDUCE their AA until it's as useless as AA on surface ships so CVs will attack each other? And then we can get rid of fighters since us surface ship drivers never see them anyways. You in line for that Amigo?

• Boring 1

[90THV]
Members
15 posts
6,983 battles

@Umikami now thats not really reasonable now is it. nerfing there AA and as for the figter i wish they would change them to make it easy for us to place it on you guys so we don't have to fly over there to do so. especially when your on the other side of the map

[90THV]
Members
15 posts
6,983 battles
On 1/19/2020 at 9:04 PM, Old_Baldy_One said:

1 - Not even sure how they would program that.  You can only control one entity at a time - controlling 2 would be incredibly awkward and a pretty high skill gap.

RTS CV had that and they did remove it because of the "skill gap" but i wish they put it back as an option  because the auto plot can kinda be stupid like most of the time.

[WORX]
Members
11,468 posts
19,211 battles
1 minute ago, ARP_Kongo said:

@Navalpride33 lets not RTS cv were so broken and overpowered back then thats why they were rework in the first place.

At least RTS CVs had options to attack or fighter support on the fleet... RTS CVs concentrate on the DMG which was like what BB have/can do now...

One salvo and its port, all without fear of retaliation (its was bad for CV it should be bad for BBs as well right?).  Instead its a BB so one salvo deletion is OK, its a BB not a CV.

AA mechanic was disproportionate back then as it is now (WG warned us about removing the F mode would have consequences)..

CV ordnance punishes low AA targets as if they were RTS CV against BB.

In retrospect, I dont see any big difference between one or the other attack wise...

In support role of the fleet,  in providing protection to the fleet, in having more playing options overall. I would take a RTS CV over the current CV any time.

[90THV]
Members
15 posts
6,983 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

At least RTS CVs had options to attack or fighter support on the fleet... RTS CVs concentrate on the DMG which was like what BB have/can do now...

One salvo and its port, all without fear of retaliation (its was bad for CV it should be bad for BBs as well right?).  Instead its a BB so one salvo deletion is OK, its a BB not a CV.

AA mechanic was disproportionate back then as it is now (WG warned us about removing the F mode would have consequences)..

CV ordnance punishes low AA targets as if they were RTS CV against BB.

In retrospect, I dont see any big difference between one or the other attack wise...

In support role of the fleet,  in providing protection to the fleet, in having more playing options overall. I would take a RTS CV over the current CV any time.

the problem with RTS CV was it didn't matter what target you were the cv was gonna dev strike you and you could do nothing to stop him.... a good CV player back then had complicate control over the game and everyone else skill was completely useless. were as now a good CV play is a problem yes but hes not the only thing that decides a games win or loss. Old RTS cv could be in 3 places at once killing to ships and spotting all the DD at the same time. were as now if there Spotting DD/attacking them there not doing anything else. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,020 battles
1 hour ago, ARP_Kongo said:

@Umikami now thats not really reasonable now is it.

Actually, yeah it is; CVs should be like every other ship. Killable, with the same defensive mechanics as surface ships get. I know WG says that CVs need not to be killed in matches because it gives one side an unfair advantage, but all that really says is that CVs are still really OP. Make them more like every other ship and maybe losing one won't handicap a team so much.

1 hour ago, ARP_Kongo said:

nerfing there AA and as for the figter i wish they would change them to make it easy for us to place it on you guys so we don't have to fly over there to do so. especially when your on the other side of the map

I said to nerf their AA to the same level as surface ships; why should they have better AA? And fighters have no place in the game at all, as they can't damage ships. All they are is a counter to a counter, so just get rid of them and boost surface AA, or better yet bring back RTS era AA, which actually worked.