You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Anyone else suffer severe performance issues yesterday?

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
4,634 posts

It was one of THOSE days...   Herky-jerky performance; 1-2 second lag between hitting lmb and my guns/torps firing,  late load ins, the works.

This, of course, meant it was near impossible to hit anything- or dodge incoming fire...

I think there may have been a rendering issue, too.   I was playing T-22 in pve.   knife fighting with a bot IJN DD near an island.    I was having extreme difficulty landing gun hits, due to the lag- and he was getting way too close.   So I opted for torps.   Checked carefully behind him for allies, and waited so my torps were lined up so they'd hit an island if they missed.   All was clear.

So I lined up my shot, hit lmb- and it lagged.   So of course the bot DD was in another area code by the time they arrived...   Looked past him, and the coast was still clear, so I turned around and went after the DD.    A bit later, BOOM   "Don't shoot at your Allies!!!"    Ah crud...   I still don't know WHO I hit- because there was nobody over there as far as I could see...  ( I missed the chat notify, as I was focusing on that DD)

Then, of course,  my engine and rudder get blown out (again!) by the T5 RN CA over yonder, and it's curtains for me.

That was game 2 of the night.  I shut down in disgust.    First game was in Hipper, and I didn't load in until halfway into the match.  Needless to say- didn't do much damage there.

Seems par for the course after an update.   The day before, there was some herky jerky starts and a bit of lag- which smoothed out after a few games.  I was mostly playing low tier BB's, so it didn't matter as much- EVERYTHING about them is slow, lol.

Anyone else getting jerkiness or lagging yesterday?   (or after the new update?)

Members
3,784 posts
13,715 battles

Nothing on my end. No lagginess, no late load ins.

I dont use mods, my comp is above the avg requirements, SSD helps. No issues.

edit: Also randomly, the Hawkins is terrible. The end. 

Edited by Rollingonit
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
10,468 posts
9,773 battles

Me?  I was awesome yesterday.

Or are we talking about the game?

(Honestly yesterday I hit everything.  Today I was lucky my shells hit the water).

[KSC]
Members
774 posts
10,822 battles

I was disconnected mid-game three times in a way I'd never experienced before.  Other than that, smooth sailing.

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
34 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

It was one of THOSE days...   Herky-jerky performance; 1-2 second lag between hitting lmb and my guns/torps firing,  late load ins, the works.

This, of course, meant it was near impossible to hit anything- or dodge incoming fire...

I think there may have been a rendering issue, too.   I was playing T-22 in pve.   knife fighting with a bot IJN DD near an island.    I was having extreme difficulty landing gun hits, due to the lag- and he was getting way too close.   So I opted for torps.   Checked carefully behind him for allies, and waited so my torps were lined up so they'd hit an island if they missed.   All was clear.

So I lined up my shot, hit lmb- and it lagged.   So of course the bot DD was in another area code by the time they arrived...   Looked past him, and the coast was still clear, so I turned around and went after the DD.    A bit later, BOOM   "Don't shoot at your Allies!!!"    Ah crud...   I still don't know WHO I hit- because there was nobody over there as far as I could see...  ( I missed the chat notify, as I was focusing on that DD)

Then, of course,  my engine and rudder get blown out (again!) by the T5 RN CA over yonder, and it's curtains for me.

That was game 2 of the night.  I shut down in disgust.    First game was in Hipper, and I didn't load in until halfway into the match.  Needless to say- didn't do much damage there.

Seems par for the course after an update.   The day before, there was some herky jerky starts and a bit of lag- which smoothed out after a few games.  I was mostly playing low tier BB's, so it didn't matter as much- EVERYTHING about them is slow, lol.

Anyone else getting jerkiness or lagging yesterday?   (or after the new update?)

The only time I ever have any issues is when there is a CV in the match. For some reason, I have not figured out yet why many times my FPS will drop to half of normal.

Perhaps your computer was performing some background tasks such as an update or somewhere between your PC and WG servers, there was an issue or heavy internet traffic.

[WORX]
Members
11,357 posts
19,064 battles
43 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Make sure you update your drivers for your PC, make sure you update them properly...

With new updates comes diminished performance on everyone... Old PCs will have to update or lower their graphics settings.

[GOBI]
Members
1,086 posts
4,487 battles

I found lag was worse than usual yesterday, sometimes as bad as 4 or 5 seconds. My usual is 1 to 3 seconds, but 4 and over things get really tough. I did have one game where ping was down to low 600ms range, was actually a fun game. Most 0f the day it was well over 1000ms.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,563 posts
9,216 battles

My wife had an issue yesterday. I came to bed a little earlier than usual, and my wife was watching a show on Netflix that she's addicted to. 

I was not pleased, as I can't fall asleep with the TV on. But her show kept buffering, to the point where she turned it off in disgust. I realised it was because I was downloading the latest WoWS update.

I decided to say nothing, and drifted off to blissful sleep.....:Smile_teethhappy:

[RRN]
Members
30 posts
5,062 battles

I had a couple of games today where the boat would go full port or starboard rudder and stick there. Forward and reverse were also very sluggish. Aiming? I was too busy trying to go in a straight line.

[TDRB]
Members
5,148 posts
13,741 battles

No, yesterday was one of the better days. My son, who has a different ISP & lives 50 miles away, did not have any issues either.