You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WizardFerret

If IFHE worked on carrier bombs and rockets

18 comments in this topic

[ASALT]
Members
146 posts
6,392 battles

With an IFHE rework coming up, I wonder if they will make it work on CV rockets and bombs. An exchange of fire chance for more pen would be interesting on certain carriers, such as Indomitable, and the other British and US carriers. On Midway it would allow the bombs and rockets to penetrate the armored decks of tier 10 carriers, so I could see that being a big reason to take it on a carrier. Indomitable would have a rather different way of dealing damage with lower fire chance but higher pen, making it more alpha based. Same with Audacious. So maybe IFHE can work on carriers once it is changed?

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

or just, you know, nerf the decks on carriers.

• Boring 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,637 battles

Not really necessary, honestly, especially not by T10. T10 CVs have such a massive fire chance per drop that you struggle not to start a fire on a good drop.

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,740 battles
3 hours ago, WizardFerret said:

With an IFHE rework coming up, I wonder if they will make it work on CV rockets and bombs. An exchange of fire chance for more pen would be interesting on certain carriers, such as Indomitable, and the other British and US carriers. On Midway it would allow the bombs and rockets to penetrate the armored decks of tier 10 carriers, so I could see that being a big reason to take it on a carrier. Indomitable would have a rather different way of dealing damage with lower fire chance but higher pen, making it more alpha based. Same with Audacious. So maybe IFHE can work on carriers once it is changed?

IFHE already gives rockets +30% penetration.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Inertia_Fuse_for_HE_Shells

[HOT]
Members
268 posts
7,846 battles

but whats the point if your bombers are taking 100% losses by AA

demolition is more useful

Edited by Skyspartan
  • Cool 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,392 posts
6,406 battles
24 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

It would be too expensive to take on most CVs. 

Not really, there are no really useful 4pt point skills as it stands.   Concealment is pointless on CVs, a ship that sees your planes from 9KM instead of 10...woohoo?   You're gonna either be back of the map or behind a rock as well, so concealment on the carrier itself is also mostly pointless.   The only OTHER useful skill is Sight Stabilization, which does very very little.   8% faster aiming is at best something like 0.5 seconds faster aiming, not worthless, but certainly not game changing.   

If IFHE worked on rockets it would become part of every CVs default build.    Shattering rockets on battleships is a real issue.

[A-D-F]
Members
476 posts
16,208 battles

IF you want more HE penetration from Rockets and Bombs... Just play a Lewington or a Midway and use Tiny Tims  with their 68mm of penetration.

IF you want more Bomb penetration... Just play IJN CVs with their AP bombs or an Enterprise ( skill required )

IF you want better damage output from the RN CVs, read this again from the top.

6 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

IFHE already gives rockets +30% penetration.

That is not correct.
At lest with Enterprise's FFAR rockets that have 27mm of penetration.

IF the IFHE skill, from my Helena captain, was affecting rockets the penetration would be 35mm and it would be displayed in port
OR
The FFARs would be able to penetrate Zao's 30mm deck and upper casement in a training room. The only "pens" I got were on the supper structure. 

As to weather it affects the other CVs and rockets is anyone's guess.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

Not really, there are no really useful 4pt point skills as it stands.   Concealment is pointless on CVs, a ship that sees your planes from 9KM instead of 10...woohoo?   You're gonna either be back of the map or behind a rock as well, so concealment on the carrier itself is also mostly pointless.   The only OTHER useful skill is Sight Stabilization, which does very very little.   8% faster aiming is at best something like 0.5 seconds faster aiming, not worthless, but certainly not game changing.   

If IFHE worked on rockets it would become part of every CVs default build.    Shattering rockets on battleships is a real issue.

Concealment lets you play closer which is a direct improvement to your anemic DPM and affects all planes, not just rockets. There aren't always good islands to hide behind and riding the edge of the map means your damage output is even more trash. SS might be worth giving up but faster aiming means nailing DDs who have their AA off or doing aim adjustments on other ships easier. Everything else is basically mandatory survivability skills so your planes can survive the AA. 

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,740 battles
9 hours ago, Dr_Citadel said:

It absolutely does not. That is outdated information.

image.thumb.png.e19a5ecec18aa99292ed1e7ec7ae6b98.png

3 hours ago, Sammy_Small said:

IF you want more HE penetration from Rockets and Bombs... Just play a Lewington or a Midway and use Tiny Tims  with their 68mm of penetration.

IF you want more Bomb penetration... Just play IJN CVs with their AP bombs or an Enterprise ( skill required )

IF you want better damage output from the RN CVs, read this again from the top.

That is not correct.
At lest with Enterprise's FFAR rockets that have 27mm of penetration.

IF the IFHE skill, from my Helena captain, was affecting rockets the penetration would be 35mm and it would be displayed in port
OR
The FFARs would be able to penetrate Zao's 30mm deck and upper casement in a training room. The only "pens" I got were on the supper structure. 

As to weather it affects the other CVs and rockets is anyone's guess.

@iDuckman I summon thee as there dost be erroneous information in the wiki. We doth beseech thee to check the client for IFHE on carriers to verify that it doth not augment the rockets. I have been laid low by a recall and doth tarry at the automotive works.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,837 posts
4,733 battles

Until recently, the wiki description of IFHE (in the skills table) included rockets.  This seems to have been a relic from an earlier version of the CV rework. 

We tested it in the Training Room and determined that IFHE does not apply to rocketry.

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,740 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

Until recently, the wiki description of IFHE (in the skills table) included rockets.  This seems to have been a relic from an earlier version of the CV rework. 

We tested it in the Training Room and determined that IFHE does not apply to rocketry.

I was just updating my post. I check the client and the HE pen values do not change on the US, UK, & IJN premium CVs either. I tried updating the wiki, but evidently the wiki pulls the skill descriptions from another file.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,758 battles

IFHE is mostly useful on carriers as a buff to the secondary guns (the most accurate secondary guns by class in the game) damage.

I rate it as a toss up between CE, IFHE, and sight stabilization as the only 4 point captain skills worth ANYTHING as a CV captain.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,837 posts
4,733 battles
31 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I tried updating the wiki, but evidently the wiki pulls the skill descriptions from another file.

Yes.  The skills table is in a separate article Ship:Commander Skills.  That is done so a table can be used in more than one place.

In the Commander article such inclusion may be wrapped in a bunch of HTML so hard to find.  The effective line is {{Ship:Commander Skills}}.

Edited by iDuckman

[SOV]
Members
4,676 posts
17 hours ago, WizardFerret said:

I love the idea.

[A-D-F]
Members
476 posts
16,208 battles
5 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I love the idea.

So that the Enterprise could be more "overpowered" then already is?

So that USN HE Bombs can pen the deck of Kremlin and the like?

Can anyone imagine the amount of salt on the forums / Reddit / other media?

[SOV]
Members
4,676 posts
5 hours ago, Sammy_Small said:

So that the Enterprise could be more "overpowered" then already is?

So that USN HE Bombs can pen the deck of Kremlin and the like?

Can anyone imagine the amount of salt on the forums / Reddit / other media?

After being told to kill myself and I am cancer every single post. F the community there trash. Dont care about the salt.

Yes I am pissed at all the trash that came bout with the cv rework.