Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Henri V, post mortum?

27 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
6,267 posts
19,453 battles

Much has been said about the nerf (knee capping) of the Henri of late. Some say it is trash now, but that has been said many times before for various nerfed ships. Sometimes it has been nearly the case, other times it had only a slight effect on the overall performance.  Thought enough time had passed for the owners to have tried it out and come to a evidence backed conclusion. Personally, I think this heavy handed  nerf will take Henri out as a viable clan battle ship and certainly hurt it in randoms. Not sure if it makes it unplayable but will certainly make it less fun.

Anyone played it much since the nerf hammer fell?

• Cool 1

[FEM]
[FEM]
Members
9,204 posts
12,131 battles

It really won't change much for randoms, the whole point was its CB overperformance. As for that, it should drop its performance a great deal in CB, as people will have to pay much more attention and actively avoid fire. Plus, it wont be all the way at the map border before you can blink anymore. The real issue with last CB season was Kleber, and sadly the nerfs to it won't change what it does in CB at all.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,161 posts

They could of dropped it to typical "Super" Cruiser performance, but they dropped it to lower then Battleship for TT Accel/Decel.

[CVA16]
Members
6,267 posts
19,453 battles
37 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

They could of dropped it to typical "Super" Cruiser performance, but they dropped it to lower then Battleship for TT Accel/Decel.

It does seem like they made a mistake when doing their calculations. Why would they go from "too good"   acceleration to effectively no acceleration. Like some programmer put the decimal point in the wrong place.

[KRAK]
Members
1,567 posts
16,488 battles
20 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

It does seem like they made a mistake when doing their calculations. Why would they go from "too good"   acceleration to effectively no acceleration. Like some programmer put the decimal point in the wrong place.

Yes, out of all my BBs, only the West Virginia accelerates slower than the Henri now. She about matches the acceleration of the Monarch T8 British BB.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,267 posts
19,453 battles
24 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Yes, out of all my BBs, only the West Virginia accelerates slower than the Henri now. She about matches the acceleration of the Monarch T8 British BB.

So if you activate the speed boost from a dead stop now, does it run out before you reach full speed?:fish_palm:

• Funny 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,567 posts
16,488 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

So if you activate the speed boost from a dead stop now, does it run out before you reach full speed?:fish_palm:

Speed Boost lasts several minutes, so longer than needed for full stop to top speed to full stop again.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,161 posts
8 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

No, but it takes a good, 45ish seconds now with the speed boost. I mean you could take Propulsion Mod 2, but then your turns would be even wider, lol.

• Cool 1

[ATF]
Members
39 posts
12,140 battles

Hey WG outstanding work wrecking another french t10.  Why not just finish off the Repub too and refund everyone who went french trees? Really brilliant work....stellar ... fantastic....

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,267 posts
19,453 battles
On 1/20/2020 at 1:16 AM, TornadoADV said:

No, but it takes a good, 45ish seconds now with the speed boost. I mean you could take Propulsion Mod 2, but then your turns would be even wider, lol.

Even with the rudder mod, never thought the ship was particularly wiggly for an open water boat. It needs to be able to play with the throttle too.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,567 posts
16,488 battles

I changed out the rudder mod on mine for 50% acceleration increase. Now its up to 34 kts in 30 seconds, no speed boost.

Edited by Ericson38
  • Cool 1

[-HEL-]
Members
13 posts
14,647 battles

I'm sorry but this is the WORST nerf i've even run across. Running 41KTS and dropping the throttle to 3/4 for less than a SECOND before bumping back up to full decelerates the ship like it's in reverse and drops you to about 25KTS. how!?! that is the 2nd most asinine and absurd mechanic in this game outside of assured detection where you're spotted by a ship using no hydro/radar inside 2K on the opposite side of an island or terrain with no sight lines past. Everything needs a nerf or to underwhelm except the russian ships apparently. WG y'all are BOGUS for this one.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,656 posts
28,822 battles

I finally got around just now to taking it out post nerf and all I can say is WG you ruined another fun and good ship with a way too heavy handed nerf. I spawned next to a GK and it out accelerated me from the game start. I mean what??? They went way too far with this nerf. Feels like you are dragging both a regular and sea anchor behind you while trying to get to speed. Just asinine.  :etc_swear:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
6,267 posts
19,453 battles
59 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I finally got around just now to taking it out post nerf and all I can say is WG you ruined another fun and good ship with a way too heavy handed nerf

Keep trying to remember if WG has ever directly rolled back a nerf. Seems I do remember them admitting a nerfed ship is now underperforming so, in order not to admit fault, they buff some unrelated aspect of the ship. So the Henri may eventually see a torpedo reload buff or some such nonsense.

Anyone see any Henri's in the latest clan battles?

[PVE]
Members
13,656 posts
28,822 battles
4 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Keep trying to remember if WG has ever directly rolled back a nerf. Seems I do remember them admitting a nerfed ship is now underperforming so, in order not to admit fault, they buff some unrelated aspect of the ship. So the Henri may eventually see a torpedo reload buff or some such nonsense.

Anyone see any Henri's in the latest clan battles?

They nerfed Colorado's sigma when they did the buff's to the HP. They have since put the sigma back to where it was pre nerf. I wish they would put Konig's sigma back to where it was before they needlessly nerfed it and ruined the ship.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,267 posts
19,453 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

They nerfed Colorado's sigma when they did the buff's to the HP. They have since put the sigma back to where it was pre nerf.

So there is hope?:cap_look:Probably "winning the lottery" levels of hope.

For those that have swapped out rudder for engine mods. Is the trade off worth it? You accelerate better but have almost no hope of dodging shells and torps with the rudder.

[DOD]
Members
13 posts
8,309 battles

I had never found the Henri OP to begin with, but now it is very difficult to play well.  Slowing acceleration some might have been ok, but no way it should be this bad.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,267 posts
19,453 battles
2 hours ago, Plzdontsinkme said:

I had never found the Henri OP to begin with, but now it is very difficult to play well.  Slowing acceleration some might have been ok, but no way it should be this bad.

Pretty much my thought. If WG thought it was performing too well  they could have eased back on the acceleration instead of dropping it to bad BB levels.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,472 posts
17,759 battles

WG needs to totally unerf's Henri's acceleration it can keep the IFHE nerf.

[WAMMY]
Members
2,562 posts
14,270 battles

Hey

All one has to do is ask yourself one question:  How often do you see a Henri 4 being played in random or in Clan Battle?  Very infrequent these days and it's because the Nerf was simply heavy handed and ruined the ship.  Plain and simple.

Pete

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,883 posts
20,038 battles
4 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Very infrequent these days and it's because the Nerf was simply heavy handed and ruined the ship.  Plain and simple.

And/or power creep is to much, you would prefer to have to HIV before the nerf.

[CVA16]
Members
6,267 posts
19,453 battles
On 9/26/2020 at 1:51 PM, Navalpride33 said:

And/or power creep is to much, you would prefer to have to HIV before the nerf.

True, there are some new ships that are doing about as well as the pre-nerf Henri. The powercreep means those ships at the bottom get left even further behind as Henri fades into obscurity.

Of course the powercreep is intentional on WGs part. They want you to grind new ships, pay for new premiums to be competitive. Not play a ship you ground out years ago. 

Edited by Sabot_100

[WAMMY]
Members
2,562 posts
14,270 battles
14 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

True, there are some new ships that are doing about as well as the pre-nerf Henri. The powercreep means those ships at the bottom get left even further behind as Henri fades into obscurity.

Of course the powercreep is intentional on WGs part. They want you to grind new ships, pay for new premiums to be competitive. Not play a ship you ground out years ago. 

Hey

In reality the same can be said for the Republique as well, maybe not quite as bad but rarely do you see it played, especially in Clan Battles.   Can't have anything over shadow the Russian BB's, their Cruisers.  Just wait until we get the Paper Russian CV's.

Pete

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this