You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FumesOfAssGas

cv damage to dds

7 comments in this topic

[JOV-]
Members
4 posts
9,958 battles

could we please tone down the damage a cv does to dds, last game i played i lost half me health to one bomb hit, its not the first time i was taken out of the game right from the start due to a single plane attack

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[KSC]
Members
789 posts
10,939 battles

I would recommend that you try playing a CV.  I realize you may not want to play the class long term, but you will encounter many DDs which have learned the tools and tricks to lessen CV harassment.

Some general tips are:

Don't let US rocket planes have your broadside.

Don't use your AA if you're not able to cut it on and off as planes move into and out of your aerial detection.

Don't hard turn through a bomb drop as you may sideways slide into/across multiple bomb drops.

Speed juke Japanese rocket planes as they cannot turn once committed to a line of attack.

Smoke when isolated, retreat to friendly AA while smoke is on cooldown.

Edited by Ahskance
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
11,410 posts
19,183 battles
19 minutes ago, digital29 said:

could we please tone down the damage a cv does to dds, last game i played i lost half me health to one bomb hit, its not the first time i was taken out of the game right from the start due to a single plane attack

Unfortunately, CV rework 3.0 should concentrate on

• AA mechanics.
  • Disproportional DMG to low AA targets...

Contrary to what some may think... SPEED is the only remedy for a DD that has low AA capabilities.

If you're

• the slowest DD on the map WITH
  • limited to no AA defense.

You dont have a chance... Planes are faster then any ship on the board... A simple search pattern and its easy to find a DD.. Especially if you have "last target spotted" on the mini map.

Other then that, their is no other remedy for low AA ships to negate DMG.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,292 posts
12,976 battles
43 minutes ago, digital29 said:

Why is it every DD captain that comes here crying exaggerates?

Just doing a quick look at the ships I have in port, the worst damage a CV can do to a DD without a detonation is about 33%, and that's a Saipan hitting a Gallant.That's the biggest HE bomb in the game, hitting a DD that's really 4 tiers lower than the bomb thanks to the Saipan bringing tier 10 weapons to tier 8. Any other CV is looking at about 25% max against a DD, less if both are the same tier.

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,755 battles
1 hour ago, digital29 said:

Hitting a DD with a dive bomb (not level bombing) requires skill.

You are sailing too predictably.

Personally, as a CV captain...i want them to get rid of rocket planes. Those are crutches for low skilled players.

• Cool 1

[CRPT]
Members
92 posts
5,608 battles

what a load. DDs can seriously mitigate CV damage, you just have to do what you do against every other ship, take evasive action. yes the planes are faster and they are supposed to be. but that's a mixed blessing, their turning radius makes even the clunkiest BB look nimble. 1 battle I took my Midway out after a Gearing, with 5 squadrons I only managed to get 1 Tiny Tim on him, because he was constantly maneuvering everything was going long or wide or even short. the same maneuvering kept him safe from surface ships and he killed 2 before he finally sailed into range of our Smolensk and got deleted. and all the time I was doing this his AA did a nice job of seriously deplaning me, all I had left for quite some time were my torp bombers

• Cool 1