Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BiggieD61

My investment in this game is complete

119 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,458 battles

I'm in the same boat, even money wise.

I just had spend more hours into the game.

Yeah, I like to go through my ships in port, love all the details they did, especially with the later models.

But the heavy monetizing with shorting the grind stuff, lootboxes, copy & paste premiums plus the upcoming subs (and we don't talk off all the fiascos we had this year), have lead me to to the point, were I don't see a point investing into the game any longer.

I will play a bit on, still have some premium time. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
576
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
4,696 battles

I am through as well Puerto Rico really tried my patience and I have been a round since beta. I miss the days when people were positive about new lines coming into the game and the value you got if containers was reasonable for what you spent. Before the French battleship lines loot boxes for new lines weren’t a thing if I am recalling correctly. I have put a ton of money into this game and will not be spending until I see some change in Wargaming. Wargaming is a monopoly really when it comes to games like it and if there was actually competition then they would be more involved with the playerbase. One can only hope

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,792
[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,369 posts

I have not been here nearly as long but I was saying the same thing last week.  I've got more ships than I know what to do with .  Over 840+ days premium time ( got a bunch with the last Santa Crates to add to my 300 ) and I don't even have a single 19 pnt Capt.  I have a BUNCH of 16 and 17 though.  I got a ton of ships from the crates as well so I need to simply buckle down and have fun getting to know the new ships and building my Captains to 19.  

I came here during the time where it was all about getting good to be a better player to help the team.  Since then it's become a troll filled campfest and now I play solo 90% of the time unless I see a group trying to win together.  It's a sad finish to spending all those hours learning and practicing.

Maybe it will swing back to teams and skills?  Who knows but I'm going to use the time I am waiting to build my own game for when /IF it does.

 

Col Out

Edited by Col_Nasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,115
[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
32 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

I have been pondering this post for a month or so, and I have a quiet time this morning to give it my full attention and write my thoughts out clearly.  I registered my Warships account on 6/26/2015, I got started by buying the Gremyaschy "Closed Beta" pack to allow me early access to the game - I'm pretty sure it was somewhere close to $30 for the privilege.  That purchase was one of many I would make over the ensuing 4 1/2 years, and I always looked at those early purchases as in investment in the games longevity and content expansion.  World of Tanks was bleeding North American players ( myself included ), and World of Warplanes had just crashed and burned due to lack of interest.  Many of the early players who saw great potential in the game and enjoyed the more strategic pacing of the game felt a duty to help it grow.  There was a different vibe, and the community was much more of an actual community since everything was new and the capabilities of ships were being discovered together.  The original groups on the forum were very much interested in learning how to play certain types of ships, or which ship lines to grind down, the trolls were minimal and there was an air of enthusiasm about where the game was going to.

I won't bother describing the player attitude at length today, it's jaded compared to the beginning, and it's certainly not as excited at the possibilities for future development by WG.  Puerto Rico and the CV re-work, those two names will evoke some raw emotions from people who have been around these last months, and probably not good ones. It's against this backdrop that I stepped back this holiday season to look at how much money I have invested in this game over the past 4 1/2 years.  I have so many premium ships, special ships, reward ships, perma camos and even steel ships that it's hard to separate them all out as to which I purchased directly, and which came from crates ( for example I got the Azuma from an anniversary event crate  .. ).  It's easier to just list them all and try to approximate their net worth.

Premium time:  I have been running it continuously since open beta, and It currently sits at 371 days left - I have been buying the half-off variety for the two previous years ( 2017, 2018)  and still have this much leftover...

Steel Ships:  Stalingrad, Somers, Flint

Special Ships:  Puerto Rico, Smolensk, Thunderer, Yoshino, Azuma, Musashi, Benham, Alaska, Alaska B, Missouri, Georgia, Kronstadt Jean Bart, Friesland and Nelson ( All but Alaska B came from in-game free xp or coal ).

Premium Ships T8:  Asashio, Harekaze, Atago, Atago B, Kaga, Kidd, Alabama, Massachusetts, Massachusetts B, Enterprise, Saipan, Kutuzov, Lenin, Tirpitz, Cossack, Loyang, Vanguard, and Irian

Premium Ships T7:  S Dragon, Ashitaka, Sims, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Leningrad, Lazo, Scharnhorst, Belfast, Hood, Duke of York, Abruzzi, Gorizia, Haida, Blyskawica and Nueve de Julio

Premium Ships T6:  Shinonome, Mutsu, Monaghan, Arizona, West Virginia, Molotov, T-61, Graf Spee, Prinz EF, Gallant, Warspite, Ark Royal, Aigle, Degrasse, Dunkerque, Anshan, Huang He, Duca D'Aosta and Perth

Premium Ships T5:  Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Yahagi, Hill, Marblehead, Gremyaschy, Texas, Okhotnik, Murmansk, Krasny Krim, Okt. Revolutsiya, Exeter, Scirocco, Genova, Giulio Cesare, and Viribis Unitis

Premium Ships T4:  Yubari, Ischizuchi, Arkansas B and Imperator Nikolai

Premium Ships T3:  Katori, Charleston, Aurora, Varyag, Konig Albert, and Vampire

Premium Ships T2:  Tachibana, Tachibana L, Mikasa, Smith, Albany, and Emden.

 

Many I bought outright,  at least eight of the tier 8 premium ships were bought for cash, the rest of the tier 8's came in crates ( also purchased for cash but hard to quantify the cost versus result via crate gambling ). A lot were reward ships for various in-game competitions, some were rewards for just playing the game period ( Albany and Arkansas Beta spring to mind ).  If I was to estimate my total spending over this time period, I would put it at $2,700 - or roughly $50 a month.

$2,700 total or $50 a month.

For what did I pay this surprisingly princely sum?  I have played the game a lot,  I have competed in 7 CB seasons, reaching Storm league 6 times and Typhoon 4 times in the previous clans I have been in and am preparing for CB season 8.  I have 8,146 post beta Random matches.  I am guessing 800-1,000 Clan Battle matches and a similar number of ranked and ranked sprint matches.  I also have a large number of co-op matches 4,685 to be exact.  I am going to estimate my total time invested in playing this "hobby" at 2,945 hours.  Oof, that's a lot of time, 122 days of my life spent playing this game.

The per-day expense isn't horrible - it's less than a dollar an hour, but I am deeply embarrassed that I have spent the equivalent of  27 days a year doing nothing but playing this game.  That's actually kind of sick, and It has to stop.  It isn't about the financial part so much as the time part, what else might I have achieved in my life if I hadn't spent all that time playing a game?  I am an older player and soon to be empty nester, I am involved in charity work and have a nice social life outside this game, but how much more could I have done for my family and my community if I had spent less time grinding and more time living?

In any case, I am through paying money into this game, WG has gotten a lot of my money and enough is enough.  I'll let my premium time run out ( lol 371 days from now - longer if I earn more of it! ), restrict my playtime to CB and an hour here or there and never bother to seriously grind a line again.  I started this post to talk about not spending any more money on this product, which I feel is getting worse every patch as opposed to better - and ended up seeing that the time I was devoting to it was completely out of balance. Hopefully, this will open some other people's eyes as well - have a great Sunday.

 

I bailed when the community keeped telling me to die because I liked the cv remake

 

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,136 posts
6,385 battles

All games lose there appeal. Once certain challenges have been met its same old, same old. I keep hoping War Gaming would split there game to run a Arcade Game and a Simulation like game side by side or under a new title, I play a little here and there not concerned about Stats anymore. I hope someone develops a WW2 focused game without all the gimmicks while all the Historical people are still around......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,508
[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
20 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

I am through as well Puerto Rico really tried my patience and I have been a round since beta. I miss the days when people were positive about new lines coming into the game and the value you got if containers was reasonable for what you spent. Before the French battleship lines loot boxes for new lines weren’t a thing if I am recalling correctly. I have put a ton of money into this game and will not be spending until I see some change in Wargaming. Wargaming is a monopoly really when it comes to games like it and if there was actually competition then they would be more involved with the playerbase. One can only hope

I think 2020 is starting off a little better, the Hayate looks promising and not overpowered so it should see release as is, plus WG decided to actually ask our opinion on what we as the player base wanted the currency to be.

The new RN Heavy Cruiser line I had the impulse to think it was likely another crazy over gimmickry line that would be temporarily OP until WG nerfs it and continue the cycle of bad ideas some recent ship lines brought in. But with skepticism I have been looking at the stats of the new CAs and they honestly appear to be a return to simply adding good ship lines to the game. Of course si am wondering what their citadels and armor layouts will be like before I declare they fully good. But in terms of mobility, concealment, AA, and armaments they seem  reasonable. And I compared the X ship’s stats with those of some other tier X CAs and it seems to fall into line so to say instead of trying to push the envelope.

Now if we could just get some Battlecruiser tech tree lines to start being added we could maybe continue this new positive trend.

Hoping WG keeps up their new more positive start to this year as I really enjoy this community.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,211
[WMD]
Members
1,760 posts
10,032 battles
46 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Many I bought outright,  at least eight of the tier 8 premium ships were bought for cash, the rest of the tier 8's came in crates ( also purchased for cash but hard to quantify the cost versus result via crate gambling ). A lot were reward ships for various in-game competitions, some were rewards for just playing the game period ( Albany and Arkansas Beta spring to mind ).  If I was to estimate my total spending over this time period, I would put it at $2,700 - or roughly $50 a month.

$2,700 total or $50 a month.

For what did I pay this surprisingly princely sum?  I have played the game a lot,  I have competed in 7 CB seasons, reaching Storm league 6 times and Typhoon 4 times in the previous clans I have been in and am preparing for CB season 8.  I have 8,146 post beta Random matches.  I am guessing 800-1,000 Clan Battle matches and a similar number of ranked and ranked sprint matches.  I also have a large number of co-op matches 4,685 to be exact.  I am going to estimate my total time invested in playing this "hobby" at 2,945 hours.  Oof, that's a lot of time, 122 days of my life spent playing this game.

The per-day expense isn't horrible - it's less than a dollar an hour, but I am deeply embarrassed that I have spent the equivalent of  27 days a year doing nothing but playing this game.  That's actually kind of sick, and It has to stop.  It isn't about the financial part so much as the time part, what else might I have achieved in my life if I hadn't spent all that time playing a game?  I am an older player and soon to be empty nester, I am involved in charity work and have a nice social life outside this game, but how much more could I have done for my family and my community if I had spent less time grinding and more time living?

In any case, I am through paying money into this game, WG has gotten a lot of my money and enough is enough.  I'll let my premium time run out ( lol 371 days from now - longer if I earn more of it! ), restrict my playtime to CB and an hour here or there and never bother to seriously grind a line again.  I started this post to talk about not spending any more money on this product, which I feel is getting worse every patch as opposed to better - and ended up seeing that the time I was devoting to it was completely out of balance. Hopefully, this will open some other people's eyes as well - have a great Sunday.

 

Do you honestly believe you would have spent those 122 days doing more work, or volunteer time? I don't ask to be a jerk.

I know for myself that if I wasn't spending time in WoWs, it would be spent on some other form of entertainment. It's easy to track how many hours you've spent doing one activity, but for most people those same hours would have just been spread around to other entertainment activities instead. 

11 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

All games lose there appeal. Once certain challenges have been met its same old, same old. 

This is also quite true, particularly if you go hard at the game for a few years. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,303 posts
16,571 battles

I'm in the same boat as you in regards to place in life and the amount of time invested in this game. I used to spend money on WOT and when that game became toxic I switched to WOWS open beta in 2015. My monitory investment in this game has been minimal ($19). This had mainly to do with how I was treated by those running the forum at the time. I complained (in private channel) about an art contest where the winners didn't follow the rules and cheated. Instead of an apology and making things right I was temperately blocked. Soon after I cancelled both of my kids premium accounts and forbid them from using my credit card to buy premium ships. 
Since then I've played just to burn up spare time. All but one of my premium ships were won. The game no longer resembles the game I used to have fun playing. It's transformed into something that resembles a 1990s one button + joystick arcade video game. There is no longer any balance in the meta. Fire spam is the overwhelming meta.   Just hide behind an island or in smoke, find a large target and keep your finger on the fire button. The CV rework made things much worse. These days a CV is always the last man standing. Concealment is now obsolete and the one safe heaven, the lower tiers is guaranteed two CV per side.

I'm so bored of this game and playing far less than I ever had. It's also opened my eyes to all the time wasted when I could have been more productive.  

You are on point with everything you said. Have you thought about taking up scale warship model building?  Money and time better spent and you actually have something tangible to show for your money.

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[90THB]
Members
452 posts
11,596 battles

I still WANT To Spend...

The 65 X 1,000 Crap for 4 Tech Tre ships bugs me.. not because of teh ships, but because teh Special CAMO is tied in there and cannot be obtained separately, with Tokens..

 

Seriously, it seems that its like a "war" to be able to "fight" WG,  to NOT be taken to the cleaners... I just want to buy stuff, yet teh Monetization is so egregious (65,000 Dubs, NO SALES for a Year +)., its getting harder and harder to justify spending money on this game..

regards

Jean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,130
[TXGUN]
Beta Testers
3,219 posts
26,859 battles
54 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

I have been pondering this post for a month or so, and I have a quiet time this morning to give it my full attention and write my thoughts out clearly.  I registered my Warships account on 6/26/2015, I got started by buying the Gremyaschy "Closed Beta" pack to allow me early access to the game - I'm pretty sure it was somewhere close to $30 for the privilege.  That purchase was one of many I would make over the ensuing 4 1/2 years, and I always looked at those early purchases as in investment in the games longevity and content expansion.  World of Tanks was bleeding North American players ( myself included ), and World of Warplanes had just crashed and burned due to lack of interest.  Many of the early players who saw great potential in the game and enjoyed the more strategic pacing of the game felt a duty to help it grow.  There was a different vibe, and the community was much more of an actual community since everything was new and the capabilities of ships were being discovered together.  The original groups on the forum were very much interested in learning how to play certain types of ships, or which ship lines to grind down, the trolls were minimal and there was an air of enthusiasm about where the game was going to.

I won't bother describing the player attitude at length today, it's jaded compared to the beginning, and it's certainly not as excited at the possibilities for future development by WG.  Puerto Rico and the CV re-work, those two names will evoke some raw emotions from people who have been around these last months, and probably not good ones. It's against this backdrop that I stepped back this holiday season to look at how much money I have invested in this game over the past 4 1/2 years.  I have so many premium ships, special ships, reward ships, perma camos and even steel ships that it's hard to separate them all out as to which I purchased directly, and which came from crates ( for example I got the Azuma from an anniversary event crate  .. ).  It's easier to just list them all and try to approximate their net worth.

Premium time:  I have been running it continuously since open beta, and It currently sits at 371 days left - I have been buying the half-off variety for the two previous years ( 2017, 2018)  and still have this much leftover...

Steel Ships:  Stalingrad, Somers, Flint

Special Ships:  Puerto Rico, Smolensk, Thunderer, Yoshino, Azuma, Musashi, Benham, Alaska, Alaska B, Missouri, Georgia, Kronstadt Jean Bart, Friesland and Nelson ( All but Alaska B came from in-game free xp or coal ).

Premium Ships T8:  Asashio, Harekaze, Atago, Atago B, Kaga, Kidd, Alabama, Massachusetts, Massachusetts B, Enterprise, Saipan, Kutuzov, Lenin, Tirpitz, Cossack, Loyang, Vanguard, and Irian

Premium Ships T7:  S Dragon, Ashitaka, Sims, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Leningrad, Lazo, Scharnhorst, Belfast, Hood, Duke of York, Abruzzi, Gorizia, Haida, Blyskawica and Nueve de Julio

Premium Ships T6:  Shinonome, Mutsu, Monaghan, Arizona, West Virginia, Molotov, T-61, Graf Spee, Prinz EF, Gallant, Warspite, Ark Royal, Aigle, Degrasse, Dunkerque, Anshan, Huang He, Duca D'Aosta and Perth

Premium Ships T5:  Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Yahagi, Hill, Marblehead, Gremyaschy, Texas, Okhotnik, Murmansk, Krasny Krim, Okt. Revolutsiya, Exeter, Scirocco, Genova, Giulio Cesare, and Viribis Unitis

Premium Ships T4:  Yubari, Ischizuchi, Arkansas B and Imperator Nikolai

Premium Ships T3:  Katori, Charleston, Aurora, Varyag, Konig Albert, and Vampire

Premium Ships T2:  Tachibana, Tachibana L, Mikasa, Smith, Albany, and Emden.

 

Many I bought outright,  at least eight of the tier 8 premium ships were bought for cash, the rest of the tier 8's came in crates ( also purchased for cash but hard to quantify the cost versus result via crate gambling ). A lot were reward ships for various in-game competitions, some were rewards for just playing the game period ( Albany and Arkansas Beta spring to mind ).  If I was to estimate my total spending over this time period, I would put it at $2,700 - or roughly $50 a month.

$2,700 total or $50 a month.

For what did I pay this surprisingly princely sum?  I have played the game a lot,  I have competed in 7 CB seasons, reaching Storm league 6 times and Typhoon 4 times in the previous clans I have been in and am preparing for CB season 8.  I have 8,146 post beta Random matches.  I am guessing 800-1,000 Clan Battle matches and a similar number of ranked and ranked sprint matches.  I also have a large number of co-op matches 4,685 to be exact.  I am going to estimate my total time invested in playing this "hobby" at 2,945 hours.  Oof, that's a lot of time, 122 days of my life spent playing this game.

The per-day expense isn't horrible - it's less than a dollar an hour, but I am deeply embarrassed that I have spent the equivalent of  27 days a year doing nothing but playing this game.  That's actually kind of sick, and It has to stop.  It isn't about the financial part so much as the time part, what else might I have achieved in my life if I hadn't spent all that time playing a game?  I am an older player and soon to be empty nester, I am involved in charity work and have a nice social life outside this game, but how much more could I have done for my family and my community if I had spent less time grinding and more time living?

In any case, I am through paying money into this game, WG has gotten a lot of my money and enough is enough.  I'll let my premium time run out ( lol 371 days from now - longer if I earn more of it! ), restrict my playtime to CB and an hour here or there and never bother to seriously grind a line again.  I started this post to talk about not spending any more money on this product, which I feel is getting worse every patch as opposed to better - and ended up seeing that the time I was devoting to it was completely out of balance. Hopefully, this will open some other people's eyes as well - have a great Sunday.

 

I had words with you years ago . But I've always respected your Opinion's, And what you said in todays statement been also been on my mined. I have the P.R. cruiser and those four new British heavy cruisers for a total of 330 ships . But I'm also having second thoughts about the amount of time and money being spent on this game the problem I have is that I have 5 years worth of premium time.  I have slowed down playing this game partly due to the quality of players compared to how it was when I started playing this game in Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,795
[WOLFG]
Members
10,516 posts
9,825 battles

Excellent post OP.  I don't, and won't spend that much money on the game.  Premium time and a couple of mid tier doubloon ships is enough to get me by every year.  But I do worry about the time spent.  I wonder if spending as much time as I have will turn this in to an obsession as opposed to just a hobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,179
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

I've been waiting for ABC to be added since they introduced the concept of 'Admirals' into the game, and with the belated arrival of a County Class, I'm too at the precipice of likely never having a reason to spend in this game again. I didn't opt for premium time this year; I'll let the 200 or so days I have expire as it does, and since I have all of the banned premiums already, I did not partake in Santa crates this year. I will 'keep the lights on' for the next update, but after that, I'm sticking to Ops, Ranked/Sprints, and CoOp. Randoms are just not fun (and IMO never particularly). The only two ways they'll get me to spend would be HMS Valiant, an RN CC line, or the 'Premium Maker' Idea I've had for years (basically a single use consumable that when applied to any tree ship, it becomes a 'premium' primarily in that it no longer requires retraining to transfer captains, get's a permanent camo, and slightly elevated credit earnings) and I'll happily spend $60 USD on a single player campaign/$10-$15 on one off interesting missions (you vote with your wallet after all and that's all I've voting for now). IMO Wargaming has exhausted what they can do with PvP'; they've made it clear that they will not be evolving the gameplay and mechanics, so that means that baring slight meta shifts as this or that new ship comes, the Randoms you played a year ago, today, and 2 years from now, will all be the same and they were old ~1 year after this game came out. If they were smart, which they typically are not, they would finally get over themselves and try PvE/Single Player content as this game, concept, and frankly *their* monetization strategy are *tailor* made for such a thing,

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,098
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,306 posts

I'm not going to say "never", but unless WG's behavior and approach change, I'm done giving them my money.

Present me with a product I want to spend money on from a company I can feel OK with giving money to, and I'll spend. 

Present me with a product that's transparently meant to deceive or manipulate me into to spending money, from a company that clearly holds nothing but disdain and condescension towards its customers, who considers those who pay suckers and those who don't freeloaders... and there's no way I'm spending. 

And it's going to take a lot to change my mind at this point, because every time I've started to change my mind, WG has proven that they're the latter, and not the former. 

  • Halloween events locking non-Halloween items behind participation in the Halloween nonsense, and similar.
  • Rogue Wave and locking Behman and Hill behind participating in it (or a ton of PVP grind), similar to above
  • Missions-for-sale
  • CV rebork, both the changes themselves and the attempted blame on the playerbase when it fell apart
  • Randomly disregarding PVE players in missions and events.
  • Going back on their word with the "submarines"
  • NTC/RB debacle and the apparent return to the original concept there with the reveal of moving LM/UU into that dumpster. 
  • The Dockyard Debacle.
  • Going back on "no guns bigger than 18""
  • Attempting to parse the meaning of "premium ship" vs "special ship" vs whatever.
  • The planned debacle with HE, IFHE, and armor changes.
  • The current RN CA event with no alternative to dropping the Tokens into the RNG-slots
  • Etc, etc, etc.

 

 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,390
Members
3,097 posts
12,298 battles
43 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

I know for myself that if I wasn't spending time in WoWs, it would be spent on some other form of entertainment. It's easy to track how many hours you've spent doing one activity, but for most people those same hours would have just been spread around to other entertainment activities instead. 

Well, some forms of entertainment are better for you and your family than the others.  But I can still fit some for warships.  For example yesterday I took my family for 8 hour bicycle ride along the ocean coast (Southern California).  We use pedal assisted e-bikes, the kind of bikes that don’t provide power unless you do your part pedaling, so it’s actually pretty good work out, and we cover a lot of miles.  But I did play warships for a couple of hours before my family woke up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
920 posts
4,023 battles
1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

<snip>

For what did I pay this surprisingly princely sum?  I have played the game a lot,  I have competed in 7 CB seasons, reaching Storm league 6 times and Typhoon 4 times in the previous clans I have been in and am preparing for CB season 8.  I have 8,146 post beta Random matches.  I am guessing 800-1,000 Clan Battle matches and a similar number of ranked and ranked sprint matches.  I also have a large number of co-op matches 4,685 to be exact.  I am going to estimate my total time invested in playing this "hobby" at 2,945 hours.  Oof, that's a lot of time, 122 days of my life spent playing this game.

The per-day expense isn't horrible - it's less than a dollar an hour, but I am deeply embarrassed that I have spent the equivalent of  27 days a year doing nothing but playing this game.  That's actually kind of sick, and It has to stop.  It isn't about the financial part so much as the time part, what else might I have achieved in my life if I hadn't spent all that time playing a game?  I am an older player and soon to be empty nester, I am involved in charity work and have a nice social life outside this game, but how much more could I have done for my family and my community if I had spent less time grinding and more time living?

In any case, I am through paying money into this game, WG has gotten a lot of my money and enough is enough.  I'll let my premium time run out ( lol 371 days from now - longer if I earn more of it! ), restrict my playtime to CB and an hour here or there and never bother to seriously grind a line again.  I started this post to talk about not spending any more money on this product, which I feel is getting worse every patch as opposed to better - and ended up seeing that the time I was devoting to it was completely out of balance. Hopefully, this will open some other people's eyes as well - have a great Sunday.

 

OP (if I may paraphrase your comments) - I like how your thoughts on the game went from the more typical "closing my wallet, because of {insert here}" to a more reflective "the game has become something just not worth my time anymore".   I hope you enjoy having the extra time to do other stuff.  I did sense of large theme of regret in your post.  My advice would be not to dwell on time wasted, doing so might take some of the enjoyment out of the other stuff you now have time for.   Have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,598
Members
1,758 posts
26,523 battles

The game wouldn't loose it's appeal if it was less cluttered (like chess), and perhaps if it just charged $5 a month for access. Then the ones that enjoy this type of game / gameplay would stay and the fickle "I want new/I want different" crowd could just pass on to some other shiny thing....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,152
[TBW]
Members
10,566 posts
18,073 battles

I started playing and well, paying, when I started taking care of my granny, I have a lot of time and WOWs fills it nicely. I likely will play until Granny kicks off and I move back to Hawaii where Working, fishing, prawning, lobster diving and chicken hunting, will take up the time that I spend here playing the game. I have played less than I did previously however. Scenarios have been the most fun for me lately but WGs not wanting to put time into them and not listening to the complaints about certain ones of them has lessened the enjoyment immensely. When Newport is the op of the week I don't even try, and other ops need maintenance. I have been thinking about finding a different game to occupy my time, one without a random team that doesn't work together or without a team at all. God I miss Motocross Madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,101
[EQRN]
Members
2,119 posts
18,581 battles

Something of recent I’ve noted are the community reps from WG asking that players demonstrate their concerns in a respectful fashion.  But I believe respect is a two way street and that WG has not been respecting its players.  

The level of anger and frustration out of the playerbase, even when I don’t agree with it, don’t appear out of a vacuum.  These latest round of nerfs (I have none of the ships in question), how can anyone from WG claim that the nerfs to the French ships vs the Kremlin nerf are congruent with a straight face?  

No WG, it’s not raining, that’s you pissing on us.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,303 posts
16,571 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I started playing and well, paying, when I started taking care of my granny, I have a lot of time and WOWs fills it nicely. I likely will play until Granny kicks off and I move back to Hawaii where Working, fishing, prawning, lobster diving and chicken hunting, will take up the time that I spend here playing the game. I have played less than I did previously however. Scenarios have been the most fun for me lately but WGs not wanting to put time into them and not listening to the complaints about certain ones of them has lessened the enjoyment immensely. When Newport is the op of the week I don't even try, and other ops need maintenance. I have been thinking about finding a different game to occupy my time, one without a random team that doesn't work together or without a team at all. God I miss Motocross Madness.

Chicken hunting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,588
[RBMK2]
Members
4,488 posts
20,684 battles

Amen @BiggieD61 right there too

 Started doing hobby I always wanted to do since I was a kid and took all the money and time I normally spend on this game around Christmas and put it into the hobby

 I feel so much better,  They turn this game into a true just a game last year so thats how i treat it now

Edited by NoLoveForPhatShips
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,526
[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,801 posts
4,733 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have been thinking about finding a different game to occupy my time, one without a random team that doesn't work together or without a team at all. God I miss Motocross Madness.

Check out Flambass twitch play of GTFO.  4-man teams.  Not quite my cup of tea, but definitely engaging.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,848
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
3 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Something of recent I’ve noted are the community reps from WG asking that players demonstrate their concerns in a respectful fashion.  But I believe respect is a two way street and that WG has not been respecting its players.  

The level of anger and frustration out of the playerbase, even when I don’t agree with it, don’t appear out of a vacuum.  These latest round of nerfs (I have none of the ships in question), how can anyone from WG claim that the nerfs to the French ships vs the Kremlin nerf are congruent with a straight face?  

No WG, it’s not raining, that’s you pissing on us.

The bolded line is something WG has had a historically difficult time understanding. Perhaps it's a language barrier thing. It might also be a cultural thing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
602 posts
7,510 battles

Dark Souls series, Blood Borne and now Jedi. There is 1-2 years of your life with some of the best games ever made (Not Jedi, it's just good) for WoWships players that like Strategy/War/Build variety and a hard challenge in single player. 

This will keep you of the bars and a great diversion to WG's [edited]. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,152
[TBW]
Members
10,566 posts
18,073 battles
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Chicken hunting?

Yup wild chickens, not that it is hard. You go at night when they are roosting, we generally use a sling shot with a big rock so it just knocks them out. I mean who wants to clean a chicken in the middle of the night. On a windy night you can get them with a crooked stick a gunny sack and a hunting buddy. You take the stick and put it under the breast and the chicken steps onto it and you slowly lower it down to your buddy who has the gunny sack ready and just repeat that until the sack is full. Hawaii State bird should be the Chicken, they run wild every where.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×