You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
War182

The Kleber is a JOKE

49 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
417 posts
15,825 battles

If the guns were not a Joke we wouldn't have to depend on the TORPS.... So the torps were very strong , Especially in clan wars with camping BB's . I have a 19 point Captain running on my Kleber to help off set the major weakness of this dd.... Turret speed very bad about 20 sec . Shell break around 50% Concealment now 7.8 .So all DD's out spot you Except 3 Russ DD's ?  Even with survivable expert the Kleber can't take a hit . With it you take about 3 hit's , with out it's about 2 good hits before your swimming back to port . It's AA is worst DD per tier . Has speed .......But as we all know even speed won't save you from RNG .So with the nerf they took the best weapon off the DD.....Why because it counter's camping in clan wars ? ..... HAS no smoke ..no heal .....GUN'S suck .... SO WHY USE THIS DD AT ALL . ......................................... ? ? no clue ?

shot-20.01.19_02.06.12-0782.jpg

shot-20.01.19_02.08.50-0122.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 6

[-TNT-]
Members
417 posts
15,825 battles
19 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Starts at 5:45

I call [edited]

[-TNT-]
Members
417 posts
15,825 battles

Solution for the Kleber. Don't play it anymore. Now we can sell our pint back for doubloons

[-TNT-]
Members
417 posts
15,825 battles
9 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

did you try getting gooder?

? Have 40% accuracy average

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
240 posts
8,825 battles
2 hours ago, War182 said:

If the guns were not a Joke we wouldn't have to depend on the TORPS...

b4430b748c.png

Members
1,634 posts
1,286 battles

If you were using Kleber as a torp boat, why were you even playing it in the first place? If you're looking for torps, there are much better DDs for that role. Kleber has very good guns. If they're not working for you, you just need to practice more and improve.

[LRM]
Members
55 posts
13,331 battles

im not a unicum by any stretch of the imagination, but i think the Kleber is fine and the nerf doesnt hurt it all that much

Beta Testers
102 posts
13,753 battles

In every mulitiplayer game that has specific "things," like classes, ships, tanks, whatever, specs are going to change. Up, down, sideways. If you get fixated on one specific configuration of stats and abilities, you will be frustrated. You have to embrace the overall archetype, and roll with the changes. It's like playing, oh, an MMO like World of Warcraft. If you play a mage, you have to commit to mastering how the mage plays in general, as the details on the spells and abilities and gear will change over time. If you get fixated on playing only, say, an ice mage using X staff and X robe, you will get burned. Same with Warships. If you can get comfortable with the archetype, how the boat plays in general, you might still hate the nerfs but you can at least roll with them and adjust. If you get fixated on one trick or one style of play, you are doomed for sure.

Note I only have the Mogador, not the Kleber, and the nerf hasn't hit the Mog nearly as hard (I don't find it much different, really), and I'm a mediocre player, so I'm not claiming any great insight into the Kleber here. Just a general observation.

• Cool 1

[WNNR]
Members
34 posts
6,726 battles

I think one of the primary reasons for the nerf is its performance in Clan Battles...I agree that the torps are fun and a good feature but there were a couple of clans using Kleber groups (>4 Kleber in a single team). With capt skills & conceal & YOLO torps & reload consumables the game was a nightmare. 

Edited by Angstroms

Members
1,374 posts

May I suggest Benham?     Half the speed but DOUBLE the torpedoes !!!   As long as you are always running away from danger not much different then Kleber.  

I fully agree with the OP.   This French DD is going to be Port Queen l'extrodinaire.  Kleber, Mogador and their Torpedoes had no need for a nerf.....  

788555202_FrenchDDs4.thumb.png.fc54356fb7a26b873f673d3d3ba9df38.png

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Cool 1

[YIKES]
Members
66 posts
17,958 battles

i've always played Kleber with no conceal in randoms, 7.8 is fine. it just makes it more difficult to run down and wreck every other DD, which is a good thing.  i actually don't enjoy playing Kleber in randoms because of CVs, but thats a whole different argument...

[-TNT-]
Members
417 posts
15,825 battles
1 hour ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

If you were using Kleber as a torp boat, why were you even playing it in the first place? If you're looking for torps, there are much better DDs for that role. Kleber has very good guns. If they're not working for you, you just need to practice more and improve.

HE 139 has 50% shell break .... need i say more ... I wanted a gun boat . Look at my pic's my main dam came from torps not guns

[-TNT-]
Members
417 posts
15,825 battles

Not going to play it ...F that once they buff or fix it . I'll pick it back up.The  torps were to op ... but the boat and guns ... are a Joke . The only reason to use it now is it you run out of toilet paper ...And FYI im dropping the HAMMER on any Kleber or Mogador i see in game 3 down since last night  and counting .

• Boring 2

[-TNT-]
Members
417 posts
15,825 battles
1 hour ago, Angstroms said:

I think one of the primary reasons for the nerf is its performance in Clan Battles...I agree that the torps are fun and a good feature but there were a couple of clans using Kleber groups (>4 Kleber in a single team). With capt skills & conceal & YOLO torps & reload consumables the game was a nightmare. 

I completely agree

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
240 posts
8,825 battles

Question, how often did you switch to AP? And what is your captain build?

Members
1,625 posts
3 hours ago, War182 said:

I call [edited]

thanks for the video, no opinion on my end, I do not have the Kleber, not yet. Of note, the Kleber totally obliterated a Smolensk (50% HP left) with just 3 good salvos, totally. Smolensk whiners, please watch how Flamu deals with this 'monster'....and please learn...

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,343 battles
1 hour ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I got outgunned at close range by a Kleber in my WORCESTER...yeah, the nerfs are definitely needed...

What you meant to say was... you were caught broadside by a Kleber and you tried to gun him down instead of angle and then gun him down.  

• Cool 2

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,643 battles
1 hour ago, War182 said:

HE 139 has 50% shell break .... need i say more ... I wanted a gun boat . Look at my pic's my main dam came from torps not guns

If half your shells shatter, aim at places they won't shatter, just like any DD has to.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

If you want to have nice more dependable torpedo, reasonable AA, good mobility, good concealment, and guns that are reasonably good then might I suggest Shimakaze, Gearing, or the soon to be released Hayate? Yueyang is decent for Randoms as well if your not wanting to really do much DD hunting, but I would not use it in Ranked as those battles can often be DD festivals and your teams will look at you funny fir bringing Yueyang which can’t participate in the early DD vs DD torpedo spamming that often takes place. Haragumo is not bad either if your hear is set on a gunboat DD that still has usable torpedoes.

• Cool 1

Members
1,634 posts
1,286 battles
2 hours ago, War182 said:

tell me, what other DD is going to have fewer HE shell shatters? You're acting like other shells shatter less. The AP is the selling point on french DDs, and the HE can spam fires and pen superstructures just fine.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
328 posts
19,137 battles
6 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I got outgunned at close range by a Kleber in my WORCESTER...yeah, the nerfs are definitely needed...

maybe dont run broadside to a kleber so that he can use ap and reload booster.

• Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,054 posts
10,813 battles
5 hours ago, BarneyStyle said:

What you meant to say was... you were caught broadside by a Kleber and you tried to gun him down instead of angle and then gun him down.  

13 minutes ago, WaWingsFan_15 said:

maybe dont run broadside to a kleber so that he can use ap and reload booster.

Seeing as I wasn't alone, I wasn't expecting him to push, and also thought the other greens would have shot at him too, but not the case. As far as angling, I was in fact turning while firing, but it didn't last long enough to fully angle.