Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
macktkau2

Alaska Armour

6 comments in this topic

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

When I'm cruising around in my Scharnhorst, Georgia, North Carolina and this thing shows up it really gives me a pain, I can't seem to cit it at all, even at close range, from behind (I put a full Georgia broadside into it's [edited]from about 2km and got nothing much), broadside, front on.

What's the deal? The Georgia in particularly should bully this ship massively but I'm not getting much luck.

[WORX]
Members
11,381 posts
19,183 battles

AK is a BB masquerading as a cruiser..  Its the way of things,  WG failure to apply rules boundaries and limitations

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
911 posts
10,648 battles

Alaska citadel is below the waterline. Close range will be tough to citadel but you should still be doing good damage to it, just cits are tough to come by against her unless you get longer range plunging fire. Can still be done close but you need to aim low

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[CELTS]
Members
63 posts
4 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

When I'm cruising around in my Scharnhorst, Georgia, North Carolina and this thing shows up it really gives me a pain, I can't seem to cit it at all, even at close range, from behind (I put a full Georgia broadside into it's [edited]from about 2km and got nothing much), broadside, front on.

What's the deal? The Georgia in particularly should bully this ship massively but I'm not getting much luck.

Use your secondary battery and HE against Alaska, Stalingrad and Puerto Rico.

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

I do (I have them all on secondary builds, although my Georgia is currently retaining an Atlanta captain for my Seattle if that makes any sense).

This question came because I ended up chasing one in circles around an island in my Georgia and when I finally got it in a good spot it tanked my shots and managed to take me out. I'd beaten a few ships before him, I  was hoping to ram but he got lucky with his direction.

Sounds like it might be better to try to just get all rounds on target than go for cits.

Sign in to follow this