Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

Ocean

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

854
[TIGRB]
Members
875 posts
16,902 battles

Please WG, Please. Can we have more of the map called Ocean? No islands, not rock hugging snipers etc. Would be nice to see a Jutland style of battle. If so, What ship and tactics would players use. What would it evolve into?

I'd really like to hear some opinions and if others feel the same way. I hear many a player say they are tired of islands, rocks and BB's camping etc. We need more maps that force movement and team play.

t4acf4pd7fa01.jpg

  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,315
[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,150 battles

Actually the Ocean map should be in the rotation for every tier and also should have a higher chance for appearing than any other map.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,117 battles

No just no. I can use the scenery of islands so I can enjoy some beauty. Like Okinawa. So beautiful.

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,214
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,119 posts
14,728 battles
11 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Please WG, Please. Can we have more of the map called Ocean? No islands, not rock hugging snipers etc. Would be nice to see a Jutland style of battle. If so, What ship and tactics would players use. What would it evolve into?

I'd really like to hear some opinions and if others feel the same way. I hear many a player say they are tired of islands, rocks and BB's camping etc. We need more maps that force movement and team play.

t4acf4pd7fa01.jpg

You just gave all the Ocean haters a migraine.  :Smile_honoring:

2 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Actually the Ocean map should be in the rotation for every tier and also should have a higher chance for appearing than any other map.

It is too big as is for lower tiers but it is the easiest make to resize for lower tier ships.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,550
[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

I haven't seen Ocean in a long time, shame it's a great map.  WeGe makes such [edited] high tier maps it would be nice if they turn up the frequency of Ocean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,142
[SIM]
Members
5,373 posts
8,875 battles

Agreed that Ocean should be in much heavier rotation, and I’d like to see a slightly larger version of it dedicated to Epicenter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,117 battles
Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I haven't seen Ocean in a long time, shame it's a great map.  WeGe makes such [edited] high tier maps it would be nice if they turn up the frequency of Ocean.

I have. Still boring as ever. Funny enough I was in my Des Moines and survived and didn’t snowball. Granted I think I also had an accident but that could’ve been anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
204
[STW]
Members
284 posts
19,352 battles

I don't understand why so many complain about that map.  It's way better since the last patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,596
[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
15 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Please WG, Please. Can we have more of the map called Ocean? No islands, not rock hugging snipers etc. Would be nice to see a Jutland style of battle. If so, What ship and tactics would players use. What would it evolve into?

I'd really like to hear some opinions and if others feel the same way. I hear many a player say they are tired of islands, rocks and BB's camping etc. We need more maps that force movement and team play.

t4acf4pd7fa01.jpg

It might be feasible if they did not design the vast majority of cruisers to be played from cover. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,298
[A-I-M]
Members
3,524 posts
23,249 battles
4 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Agreed that Ocean should be in much heavier rotation, and I’d like to see a slightly larger version of it dedicated to Epicenter. 

Seconded. 

Would like for it to be scaled for tiers, though. 

Edited by Pugilistic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,298 posts
3,255 battles

I have nothing but bad memories of grinding my Furutaka on Ocean when I was a baby captain. Just No. Hate the map. It would only promote camping at the back

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,375
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,282 posts
12,162 battles

Ocean, the only map, or maybe even the only thing, in the game that can truthfully say its 100% historically accurate

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,315
[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,150 battles
1 hour ago, Vaffu said:

It might be feasible if they did not design the vast majority of cruisers to be played from cover. 

Who is the they that you speak of? Except for the completely paper made up ships WG didn't design any of the ships in this game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
796
[LOU1]
Members
4,207 posts
12,337 battles

Wouldn't be bad if  there could be a warning so I didn't load in with one of my many Pinata ships.  Plus, there is no strategy or skill needed.  Find enemy, shoot same; most accurate shooter or the one with the most HP wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,596
[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
50 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Who is the they that you speak of? Except for the completely paper made up ships WG didn't design any of the ships in this game. 

Every ship in this game is "designed".  Some may be modeled after real ships but everything about this game is designed to be played a certain way otherwise if it were supposed to be real we would be "crossing the T" instead of trying to hit the broadsides of ships.

Some cruisers are designed to be played in open water and some are not. You know this with almost 20k games played so why are you acting like that is not the mechanics of the game?

American cruisers, for example, are DESIGNED to be played from cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,033
[FORM]
Members
1,825 posts
12,172 battles
2 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

Please WG, Please. Can we have more of the map called Ocean? 

Amen. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,733
[SALVO]
Members
25,453 posts
27,411 battles
1 minute ago, IceWolf____ said:

I say no do due to people not moving up to support you at least island humpers kinda provide support

That's no reason to like or dislike maps.  That's the fault of the players.  Also remember that it can happen to the other teams as well.

Newer players don't know how to play the Ocean map because they rarely ever see it, unlike those of us who started playing back in open beta, when it was a commonly seen map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,103
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,973 battles
2 hours ago, LiaoXanLan said:

No just no. I can use the scenery of islands so I can enjoy some beauty. Like Okinawa. So beautiful.

More like "I can use the scenery to hide behind so no one will shoot me."

2 hours ago, rabidrabit said:

I don't understand why so many complain about that map.  It's way better since the last patch.

Really? What has changed on Ocean since release?

35 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Wouldn't be bad if  there could be a warning so I didn't load in with one of my many Pinata ships.  Plus, there is no strategy or skill needed.  Find enemy, shoot same; most accurate shooter or the one with the most HP wins. 

Not strictly true, as there are angling and kiting and ammo issues to consider, as well as other ones I haven't listed. Gotta know when to push and when to run away, etc. Having said that, though, it does give ships that need to hide behind something to survive a hard time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
231 posts
3,847 battles

Kinda miss Ocean. Hope it makes a comeback in light rotation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,733
[SALVO]
Members
25,453 posts
27,411 battles
2 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Actually the Ocean map should be in the rotation for every tier and also should have a higher chance for appearing than any other map.

Honestly, they should create a smaller version of Ocean for low/mid tiers.  And perhaps enlarge the existing Ocean to be larger, i.e. the same size as the largest tier 10 map.

And I'd like to see it be used at the same rate as the most common maps.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,315
[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,150 battles
31 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

American cruisers, for example, are DESIGNED to be played from cover.

Yet they rarely if ever did except for the cover of darkness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,315
[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,150 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, they should create a smaller version of Ocean for low/mid tiers. 

They don't need to go that far. Simply cut/paste the picture and lower or raise the numbers in the scaling code as needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,596
[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Yet they rarely if ever did except for the cover of darkness.

Exactly because this game is not the real world and the mechanics are "designed" just like the ships are "designed" to perform a certain way not true to real life as I pointed out in my last post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×