Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NephKieger

Buff Puerto Rico

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
29 posts
5,636 battles

Okay first off, before anyone bashes this thread. PR does have issues that its T9 copy doesn't.

Cons that need fixed
1. Stern EATS BB armor pen at almost any angle and it needs fixed because it makes being mobile a real pain when BB's can do over 10k to it without a way to avoid if they hit, and no building pure ruddershift shouldn't be the answer because Alaska is able to take it and still lasts.

                -fix- unround the stern some to make it have more a design closer to alaska where you can if you do the correct angle you can reduce the incoming dmg.

2. Damage output is low for 305's. I'm sorry but when i can jump in the other T10 super heavy cruisers or T9 Alaska and do more and feel satisfied and then there's the PR who has BB dispersion (whats the point) and then AP feels like none super heavy US AP because it bounces on EVERYTHING if its slightly angled or if you hit the anything but SS thats not broadside

                -fix- Make the dispersion in line with Stalingrad/Yoshino or buff alpha dmg of both HE&AP  to more of a Battleship level to counter act the horrid dispersion or do a mix of both to make it kinda in line with Stalingrad or make the super heavy AP pen at a better angle to make it able to do dmg to stuff for better values and increase HE alpha so when you hit more than 4 or 5 it feels like a good hit 

                -either way something needs done so it can compete because even T8/T9 BB's [edited] its crapup without much a challenge back.

3. Side armor needs to more stable. To many BB's shells hit at like a .01-5 degree and can still do crapton of dmg when they should be bouncing... sorry but if you hit something at a poor angle you shouldn't be rewarded like it hit flat enough that it could pen.

                -fix- make armor the same as alaska or make it do something to stop crapfrom doing 3k-10k salvos on angles that should be doing half that. something is wrong if BB's don't have to worry about angles vs it.

4. For the effort and even money spent is not to value of ship, Stalingrad is grand for its price and its techincally easier to get and more people have but yet you make a ship for damn near 1% of the whole server and you don't make it of equal value... kinda feels like your robbing players because you can't do your balancing correctly

 

-personal rant- stop listening to your russian servers for the world, we do not play the same.

 

Edited by NephKieger
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
682
[KSC]
Members
793 posts
10,971 battles

A) Rounded stern is a weakness to BBs, but usable verses Cruisers in a chase.  The modelers won't be altering that anytime soon. 

Much like the Alaska and the US Heavy line, you're made for bow-forward combat with exposed cheeks that prevent easy defensive angling.

B) Damage is that same as the Alaska plus a turret, though it's hard to land 12 rounds in a salvo.  You can slap a ship for 30k per salvo just off non-citadel pen damage in a brawl. 

The damage is there, but this is not a long-range sniper.  It's a mid range ship that provides BB support until late game when it can get in close and execute nimble targets.

C)  I actually think they gave it a small dispersion buff when the event went live.  The CC test footage from before the event showed much rougher salvos.  While dispersion can be an issue, they are fairly consistant out to 14km.  In one instance, I triple citadeled a Wooster at 15km, then additional citadels in the follow up salvos until dead.

D)  They effort involved was shocking, yes, but she's really pretty nice with Rudder in slot 5 and Engine Mod in slot 4.  She's not OP, but I'm not even sure how UP she is if played well. 

If you didn't go the cash grab route and completed 4 directives + time, she was about 14k dubloons which is in line with other T8 offerings.

Edited by Ahskance
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
1 hour ago, NephKieger said:

Stalingrad is grand for its price and its techincally easier to get

I can't remember it ever being possible to spend 250$ to obtain Stalingrad (though I think it is overpowered, and think it shame that tier 10, once a sanctuary of fairplay in WOWS, is now being inundated with pay2win premiums and headstart reward ships).

98% of those who own Puerto Rico, spent cash to obtain it. I sincerely hope they are disappointed with their purchase, but I am equally certain, PR will do fine in the hands of competent players.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
694
[POP]
Members
1,163 posts
9,933 battles
3 hours ago, NephKieger said:

. For the effort and even money spent is not to value of ship, Stalingrad is grand for its price and its techincally easier to get and more people have but yet you make a ship for damn near 1% of the whole server and you don't make it of equal value... kinda feels like your robbing players because you can't do your balancing correctly

The ship is not rare because it was difficult to get, I is rare because it was not worth the grind nor the cost to buy it outright.   This was well known and documented long before you chose to get it anyway.   No sympathy here.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
848
[HELLS]
Members
2,732 posts
28,926 battles
36 minutes ago, HallaSnackbar said:

The ship is not rare because it was difficult to get, I is rare because it was not worth the grind nor the cost to buy it outright.   This was well known and documented long before you chose to get it anyway.   No sympathy here.

This:cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[TCENV]
Members
22 posts
8,011 battles
4 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

The ship is not rare because it was difficult to get, I is rare because it was not worth the grind nor the cost to buy it outright.   This was well known and documented long before you chose to get it anyway.   No sympathy here.

No sympathy for you also, Buff it soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
29 posts
5,636 battles

1. for those saying no sympathy, i got it with effort and part chirstmas gift (I.E. containers) and i know it value in both grind and $$ from everyone else posting and [edited]

 

5 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

The ship is not rare because it was difficult to get, I is rare because it was not worth the grind nor the cost to buy it outright.   This was well known and documented long before you chose to get it anyway.   No sympathy here.

2. they can still make the ship actually equal to that of its ship type mates instead of a worse copy of a T9

 

7 hours ago, LoveBote said:

98% of those who own Puerto Rico, spent cash to obtain it. I sincerely hope they are disappointed with their purchase, but I am equally certain, PR will do fine in the hands of competent players.

3. yes most bought it, but they still made the ship a extremely high level of skill compared to stalingrad and yoshino who out shine it in all aspects making this a pointless ship to even put in game then... they could give some effort in making it equal to them IN competent players hands..... if someone can do 110k avg in alaska they should be able to 120k in this which its not that easy because the ship is flawed. 

7 hours ago, Ahskance said:

A) Rounded stern is a weakness to BBs, but usable verses Cruisers in a chase.  The modelers won't be altering that anytime soon. 

Much like the Alaska and the US Heavy line, you're made for bow-forward combat with exposed cheeks that prevent easy defensive angling.

B) Damage is that same as the Alaska plus a turret, though it's hard to land 12 rounds in a salvo.  You can slap a ship for 30k per salvo just off non-citadel pen damage in a brawl. 

The damage is there, but this is not a long-range sniper.  It's a mid range ship that provides BB support until late game when it can get in close and execute nimble targets.

C)  I actually think they gave it a small dispersion buff when the event went live.  The CC test footage from before the event showed much rougher salvos.  While dispersion can be an issue, they are fairly consistant out to 14km.  In one instance, I triple citadeled a Wooster at 15km, then additional citadels in the follow up salvos until dead.

D)  They effort involved was shocking, yes, but she's really pretty nice with Rudder in slot 5 and Engine Mod in slot 4.  She's not OP, but I'm not even sure how UP she is if played well. 

If you didn't go the cash grab route and completed 4 directives + time, she was about 14k dubloons which is in line with other T8 offerings.

A) Alaska and PR can bow tank to a degree like any USN CA but they don't shine in it, they eat a ton of dmg doing so from HE or BB's if they even aim decent

B) coming from someone who loves and can use the alaska fairly decent (not a unicum so your middle ground player-56% wr) going into the PR it feels clunky, hard to shoot, and shells don't even come closer to the needed dispersion for what its supposed to be and 9 or 12 guns it still doesn't preform at T10 standards when the normal ship trees and others of its class out do it, and brawling is a special case for dmg which isn't what the ship should be spec'd for as a mid-ranged ship

C)I have had AMAZING shots in it as well but the amount of times i'm saying wth is that is more than 60% when the nice dispersion is around 20% with the other 20% being nice dispersion and failure to hit because the ship finds the 1 mini gap to take force a miss.

D) I have tired rudder and engine along with full tank (which has played the best for me) and both feel sub-par the faster firing, HE spamming, or other supers including her T9 copy which preforms WAY better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
9 minutes ago, NephKieger said:

yes most bought it, but they still made the ship a extremely high level of skill compared to stalingrad and yoshino who out shine it in all aspects making this a pointless ship to even put in game then... they could give some effort in making it equal to them IN competent players hands..... if someone can do 110k avg in alaska they should be able to 120k in this which its not that easy because the ship is flawed. 

I am not convinced by your logic. Probably because i fundamentally dislike the way supercruisers (large/battle/super - take your pick), are uniquely distributed as reward ships (there are still no tech tree supercruisers at the higher tiers, not a single one) at tier 10, with cruiser matchmaking vs the likes of Minotaurs and des Moines. I am prejudiced. I also believe at their respective tiers (9 &10) these wolves in sheeps clothing, are overpowered. Stalingrad, Yoshino, Alaska, Azuma, hell even Puerto Rico, they should all be, either nerfed, or barred from clan and ranked, at the very least. Now I know this won't happen, you don't have anything to worry about. But I highly doubt you'll be seeing any buffs either, for the reasons I have stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
29 posts
5,636 battles
13 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I am not convinced by your logic. Probably because i fundamentally dislike the way supercruisers (large/battle/super - take your pick), are uniquely distributed as reward ships (there are still no tech tree supercruisers at the higher tiers, not a single one) at tier 10, with cruiser matchmaking vs the likes of Minotaurs and des Moines. I am prejudiced. I also believe at their respective tiers (9 &10) these wolves in sheeps clothing, are overpowered. Stalingrad, Yoshino, Alaska, Azuma, hell even Puerto Rico, they should all be, either nerfed, or barred from clan and ranked, at the very least. Now I know this won't happen, you don't have anything to worry about. But I highly doubt you'll be seeing any buffs either, for the reasons I have stated.

them not having their own class is only because WG refused to make it a class when it would have mattered (aka back when Scharnhorst came out)

They might be considered cruisers by class (in game) but they are no way "overpowered". You can never make an arguement showing that these ships are so powerful over their tech ship lines that they deserve to be nerfed or barred from any form of combat with only one exception- Stalingrad. It is the ONLY one at T10 that is stronger than its tech line but it has 2 huge weaknesses that get exploited all the time vs it.

As it stands the supercruisers can't hold a candle compared to the DPM or even effectiveness as their counterparts, and the Puerto Rico is a great example of it. 
-dispersion of a battleship because it has 3 more guns than previous tier (BB max dispersion 250-299)(Supercruiser max dispersion (Stal)204/(PR)231(<worse Stigma than>)/(Yosh)232)(Cruiser max dispersion 142-158)
-weakest AP/HE than other supers- Yoshino can do up to 9k HE and Stalin can get more AP pens avg/salvo for damage
-not exactly immune to the (bullsh*t) HE spam the game has turned to
-got compared to the wrong tier during ALL of testing

the logic isn't hard to follow and is there. Even if they buff it a minor bit in small areas for quality of life then competent players will have a ship thats worth something and the whales can still suck
not to mention the tech tree ships your more worried about are being threatened by non-supers more than the supercruisers (colbert, smolensk, 457mm guns).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
14 minutes ago, NephKieger said:

the logic isn't hard to follow and is there.

  1. there are no tech tree large/super cruisers, none at all. Until free xp Alaska and Azuma, PR, they were an example of headstart reward ships for very good players, itself skewing the game by inflating skill gaps, free xp equivalents and now PR, have opened the gates to pay2win. Supercruisers occupy both ends of the more unfair and unbalancing aspects of freemium MMOs. Faster runners are rewarded with faster shoes to run even faster, those with thick wallets are rewarded with a built in advantage in the random meta due to MatchMaking.
  2. supercruisers get cruiser matchmaking, Puerto Ricos vs Minotaurs, for example.
  3. supercruisers have bb levels of hp pools, generally good to excellent AA, cruiser dispersion and reload,
  4. supercruisers get the cake and eat it all.

    as for the likes of Scharnhorst and Hood, they occupy very different tiers, which are already unbalanced, and have always been so. But, at least Scharn and Hood are not treated as cruisers, but as Battleships for the purpose of MM, dispersion, reload and so forth. They have no distorting influence, beyond their premium status. Tier 10, until the first tier 10 reward ship arrived (Stalingrad) had the exclusive merit in WOWS, of being a level playing field for all players. That meant however good you were, your ship was no better and/or no more exclusive than anyone elses. It also meant, nobody could buy an exclusive reward ship with exclusive matchmaking, versus which other players in far less powerful, heavy and light tier 10 cruisers, have had to struggle to compete with ever since.

I don't think the above is hard to understand. But as I can admit to my own anti Supercruiser prejudice (as they have been implemented in WOWS) I am sure you have your own reasons that render you blind to the problems that they have caused since 2017.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
29 posts
5,636 battles
10 hours ago, LoveBote said:
  1. there are no tech tree large/super cruisers, none at all. Until free xp Alaska and Azuma, PR, they were an example of headstart reward ships for very good players, itself skewing the game by inflating skill gaps, free xp equivalents and now PR, have opened the gates to pay2win. Supercruisers occupy both ends of the more unfair and unbalancing aspects of freemium MMOs. Faster runners are rewarded with faster shoes to run even faster, those with thick wallets are rewarded with a built in advantage in the random meta due to MatchMaking

first off nothing in the game is pay2win... sorry but this game actually requires skill or you just fail to do your job and hurt your team... only pay2win aspect is the stupid overpower ships "GC T5" are lower tiers.

 

10 hours ago, LoveBote said:
  1. supercruisers get cruiser matchmaking, Puerto Ricos vs Minotaurs, for example.

they are only considered "battlecruisers" because of their GUN calibur and minor armor scheme increase, so them having cruiser MM is nothing bad

 

10 hours ago, LoveBote said:
  1. supercruisers have bb levels of hp pools, generally good to excellent AA, cruiser dispersion and reload,

 

what the literal F&CK are you smoking, they don't cruiser level dispersion as i already shown below, like the only one with a even a chance to compete with cruiser dispersion is Stalingrad, and their reload is 20 seconds, the only cruiser is the NEW T10 Venezia that JUST came out because it has the same potential of the supercruisers. Their AA is in line with all the Cruiser tech trees.

10 hours ago, NephKieger said:

-dispersion of a battleship because it has 3 more guns than previous tier (BB max dispersion 250-299)(Supercruiser max dispersion (Stal)204/(PR)231(<worse Stigma than>)/(Yosh)232)(Cruiser max dispersion 142-158)

 

10 hours ago, LoveBote said:
  1. supercruisers get the cake and eat it all.

your prejudice is what to strong and has 100% blurred your vision to be commenting on anything. You talk about them like 1/2 the people on CV's and its more sick than people complaining about CVs AND Subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[_S_B_]
Members
477 posts
19,034 battles

I wonder how many players with sub 50% win rates and no other T10 ships have her now?

Edited by dust340man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
29 posts
5,636 battles
2 hours ago, dust340man said:

well said and agree 100%. 

so your saying the ones thats actually took the effort and spent time to get that their effort is for not?

 

while most whales suck at all games because money doesn't buy skill you can't say that a ship should be garbage because someone could buy it, and while a extreme skill level is required its still doesn't preform to near the level of other T10 cruisers let alone the other two superheavy cruiser

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[5D5]
Members
11 posts
9,255 battles

Well I spent the 24,00 doubloons on it and still didn't get it, I lack 2,616,577 points from getting it and they want me to pay another 15,000 doubloons to get it?  I think not I wasn't able to do all of that big grind because my wife is going thru cancer treatments everyday and it's a 2 hour drive each way plus the treatment and Dr appointment times, they should do something to let us get more points or prorate the amount otherwise I wasted $100 on something that I didn't get which is just flat out dishonest, I want my damn doubloons back, they can take that pos Gorizio back as well.

I know players that payed for it and think it's just great but I can't see paying $250 for it and others paid a little and worked for it and they think it's so so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
333
[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles

From what I have seen it needs a  cruiser dispersion buff. Also better HE. AP seems fine. Better guns angles would be nice. I would not change anything else. No reason to hate on the ship for WG dumpster fire. Those that got it congrats, not anyone's business how you got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[WOLF7]
Members
6 posts
3,990 battles

Why should it be buffed? You knew what it was when you bought it or wasted time grinding it. You would be screaming if it was OP and WG wanted to buff it. You would say they were taking away what you paid for. You can't have it both ways. Live with the buyer's remorse and accept that you are easily parted from your money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37
[_S_B_]
Members
477 posts
19,034 battles
On 1/18/2020 at 5:42 PM, LoveBote said:

I can't remember it ever being possible to spend 250$ to obtain Stalingrad (though I think it is overpowered, and think it shame that tier 10, once a sanctuary of fairplay in WOWS, is now being inundated with pay2win premiums and headstart reward ships).

98% of those who own Puerto Rico, spent cash to obtain it. I sincerely hope they are disappointed with their purchase, but I am equally certain, PR will do fine in the hands of competent players.

Good points as I don't fear the PR when I play my T10 ships and I'm just an average 50%+ win rate player. Probably cause most of the PR players are average like me or worse than me. I'm happy with my Hindenburg and Des Moines cruisers.:Smile_great:

Edited by dust340man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
590
[-GPS-]
Members
2,912 posts
36,683 battles
On 1/18/2020 at 6:42 PM, LoveBote said:

I can't remember it ever being possible to spend 250$ to obtain Stalingrad (though I think it is overpowered, and think it shame that tier 10, once a sanctuary of fairplay in WOWS, is now being inundated with pay2win premiums and headstart reward ships).

98% of those who own Puerto Rico, spent cash to obtain it. I sincerely hope they are disappointed with their purchase, but I am equally certain, PR will do fine in the hands of competent players.

That's a rotten thing to say.  Yes, I bought 2 boosters but I also played hard to get the PR and it's a pretty crappy ship IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
12 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

That's a rotten thing to say.  Yes, I bought 2 boosters but I also played hard to get the PR and it's a pretty crappy ship IMHO.

how is it rotten?

It is an honest assessment (and accurate). You spent cash to purchase it. A healthy life lesson is discovering money is not (by itself, though it helps!) enough for success, or happiness, even in pay2win WOWS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
590
[-GPS-]
Members
2,912 posts
36,683 battles
3 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

how is it rotten?

It is an honest assessment (and accurate). You spent cash to purchase it. A healthy life lesson is discovering money is not (by itself, though it helps!) enough for success, or happiness, even in pay2win WOWS.

 

Simple.  You stated that you hope players are disappointed with their purchase.  If I were to say I hope every Premium ship you buy from now on sucks, that also would be rotten.

Have a cookie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
4 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

If I were to say I hope every Premium ship you buy from now on sucks, that also would be rotten.

not really, I'd be delighted. I have always enjoyed making "rotten" premiums, shine. Indeed, my latest purchase, Indomitable, slammed as boring and worse than Graf Zeppelin, is enormously fun (for me) to play.

If PR was a special case, a particularly unhealthy experience for the WOWS community, I wish you the best of luck with her, even as I sincerely hope PR is trash (which I don't think it is, sadly - all the exclusive Super Cruisers are, one way or another OP. Those who bought her did a disservice to themselves, as well as to the future of fair and healthy gameplay in WOWS. But you are above all a victim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,142
[DVYJC]
Members
3,569 posts
8,240 battles

Oddly I think Puerto Rico is one of the rare ships that's pretty... balanced. It's not a super OP premium. It's not a super underwhelming one. It's just an Alaska up a tier and with an extra turret. So... good, but not some sort of must-have insta-win button, either. I enjoy her and feel that the combination of two doubloon boosters and time I spent on it was reasonably fair. 

... granted, that was the only fair way to get it, since pure spending was obscenely expensive and pure time was obscenely basement-dwellerish. But I accepted I'd pay Tier VIII prices and do some grinding for a Tier X premium, and I had the doubloons anyway from my pre-planned Santa crate buy, so there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[HSSW]
Members
1 post
15,372 battles

i dont care if ppl bought it or have it and others dont.  But where the hell is its citidel!!  went into a training room with a DM and a hindy and a rico, full broadside with AP no citidel from any range. and we tried waterline, below waterline, bow, stern.  we were able to watch it being built, did they forget to build the citidel??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[WFSDL]
Members
3 posts
8,005 battles

@Buckbow50cal

The Puerto ricos citadel's submerged as in below the water line so the only way would be to plunging fire but from the bow or hope your shell slams it's side downward at range. I know this because I have it and I find it funny you can sail broadside all you want and still smack people.

 

Edited by DarkValkyrie12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×