Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LupusMalum

My Daily Rant on the unethical "nerf" practice of WOWs.

114 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

243
[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
411 posts
17,815 battles

Why do Russian DDs get a heal, Speed, the best gun ballistics and a option for smoke. French DDs have speed and decent guns, but recently received 1 trifecta of nerfs to Air Detection, Surface Detection, and torp detection.  WHY? Also, it is now possible to harm the AA mounts of the Kremlin, so I guess that is fair.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
773 posts
4,887 battles

Reload booster. Also, their conceal is about the same as theur Russian counterparts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,596
[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
2 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

Why do Russian DDs get a heal, Speed, the best gun ballistics and a option for smoke. French DDs have speed and decent guns, but recently received 1 trifecta of nerfs to Air Detection, Surface Detection, and torp detection.  WHY? Also, it is now possible to harm the AA mounts of the Kremlin, so I guess that is fair.

Well, they nerfed Kleber for the same reasons they nerfed the crap out of Khaba. They could harm BBs.

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,283
[WOLF1]
Members
5,734 posts

The Spreadsheet said so.  

You can wail and whine and kick your feet and gnash your teeth all you want, but, the Spreadsheet does as it wishes.

You can play, or not.  That is your only real choice.

Have a nice day!  :cap_popcorn:

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
129
[T-CF]
Members
550 posts
3,103 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

Well, they nerfed Kleber for the same reasons they nerfed the crap out of Khaba. They could harm BBs.

This is getting old.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,596
[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
1 minute ago, PotatoMD said:

Reload booster. Also, their conceal is about the same as theur Russian counterparts 

Reload booster lasts only a few seconds stop acting like it is some OP feature.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
203
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
293 posts
6,450 battles
2 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

 Also, it is now possible to harm the AA mounts of the Kremlin, so I guess that is fair.

Yeah.... about that....   I don't know what WG did, but it wasn't enough.  Wailed on a Krem with my DM with HE and burnt it down to a hulk almost and never saw any module damage other than knocking out a main gun once.  I'm guessing that they can be destroyed... with a Thunderer HE shell maybe???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,366
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,255 posts
12,105 battles
1 minute ago, Kirov_Six said:

The Spreadsheet said so.  

You can wail and whine and kick your feet and gnash your teeth all you want, but, the Spreadsheet does as it wishes.

You can play, or not.  That is your only real choice.

Have a nice day!  :cap_popcorn:

 

 

then the plan is simple

WE KILL THE SPREADSHEET

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[SPTR]
Members
27,183 posts
16,907 battles

Don't french DDs take reduced damage too because of how hull saturation works on them differently compared to other lines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,408 posts
10,426 battles

"Unethical"?!?!?!?  - please - not need to be overly dramatic when it is clear in the TOS any ship can  change.  If you don't agree with it - don't play.  Ethics have nothing to do with it.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
129
[T-CF]
Members
550 posts
3,103 battles
12 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Don't french DDs take reduced damage too because of how hull saturation works on them differently compared to other lines?

They’re supposed to yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
411 posts
17,815 battles
1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

"UInethical"  - please - not need to be overly dramatic when it is clear in the TOS any ship can  change.  If you don't agree with it - don't play.  Ethics have nothing to do with it.

it is unethical, almost every Russian nerf is very minimal and very convoluted my prime example the Kremlins AA hp nerf. VS the Klebers 3x nerf to concealment. A DD is very dependent on its concealment. The reason I say it is unethical is that the game is made in Russia and the Russian ships more than likely will be introduced very OP, and then over a long period of time, they make small insignificant changes to can easily be mitigated. I could see if Russia had some great Naval tradition, such as the history of the British Navy. The economical and maintenance power of the USN, or the innovation of Japan's WW2 navy. The Russian navy has none of that, but its ships are consistently introduced in an OP fashion. And as far as me not playing because. That is my choice to make, not yours. I have as much right as you to have my say on what I see in the game. If WG wanted to refund me the money I have spent or the time I have already invested, then you might have a point. But if you don't like my rant, you don't have to read it.

  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,408 posts
10,426 battles
3 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

it is unethical, almost every Russian nerf is very minimal and very convoluted my prime example the Kremlins AA hp nerf. VS the Klebers 3x nerf to concealment. A DD is very dependent on its concealment. The reason I say it is unethical is that the game is made in Russia and the Russian ships more than likely will be introduced very OP, and then over a long period of time, they make small insignificant changes to can easily be mitigated. I could see if Russia had some great Naval tradition, such as the history of the British Navy. The economical and maintenance power of the USN, or the innovation of Japan's WW2 navy. The Russian navy has none of that, but its ships are consistently introduced in an OP fashion. And as far as me not playing because. That is my choice to make, not yours. I have as much right as you to have my say on what I see in the game. If WG wanted to refund me the money I have spent or the time I have already invested, then you might have a point. But if you don't like my rant, you don't have to read it.

Thanks for the laugh... "Ethics" still has no play in anything you wrote.  Meanwhile on the Russian servers they think WG has a French bias.  RU ships are not as OP as people really want to believe.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
411 posts
17,815 battles
1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

Thanks for the laugh... "Ethics" still has no play in anything you wrote.  Meanwhile on the Russian servers they think WG has a French bias.  RU ships are not as OP as people really want to believe.

You even admit that Russian ships are considered OP by most of the player base, not living in Russia.

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,745 posts
5,638 battles
13 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Thanks for the laugh... "Ethics" still has no play in anything you wrote.  Meanwhile on the Russian servers they think WG has a French bias.  RU ships are not as OP as people really want to believe.

Truth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
987
[WOLFC]
Members
1,974 posts
10,316 battles
15 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

it is unethical, almost every Russian nerf is very minimal and very convoluted my prime example the Kremlins AA hp nerf.

2030263933_PBYoukeepusingthatword.gif.209593e151e97f6375e6f4332bcb0373.gif

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
469
[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,745 posts
5,638 battles
11 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

You even admit that Russian ships are considered OP by most of the player base, not living in Russia.

Just cause someone says a thing don't make a thing true.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243
[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
411 posts
17,815 battles
42 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

"Unethical"?!?!?!?  - please - not need to be overly dramatic when it is clear in the TOS any ship can  change.  If you don't agree with it - don't play.  Ethics have nothing to do with it.

 

9 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Just cause someone says a thing don't make a thing true.

You could apply your last statement to every post you have made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
773 posts
4,887 battles
59 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Reload booster lasts only a few seconds stop acting like it is some OP feature.

The reason Keebler was nerfed was because of it's ambush potential, which is because of it's strong torpedoes and ridiculous DPM when the booster is active. WG wanted to nerf that potential, but did so in the wrong way. What they should have done is nerf the consumable itself, not the concealment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,388
Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles
1 hour ago, Vaffu said:

Well, they nerfed Kleber for the same reasons they nerfed the crap out of Khaba. They could harm BBs.

Bingo.

Don't worry BB mains, I am sure Subs will even continue to get nerfed as well because they were scratching BB paint. 

  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,388
Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles
Just now, PotatoMD said:

The reason Keebler was nerfed was because of it's ambush potential, which is because of it's strong torpedoes and ridiculous DPM when the booster is active. WG wanted to nerf that potential, but did so in the wrong way. What they should have done is nerf the consumable itself, not the concealment.

"ambush potential" is not a valid justification for a balance change. If X ship or Y ship type has "too much" of a strength and not enough weaknesses to balance it out, the data will CLEARLY show it. What was the data showing for the Kleber? Perfectly balanced

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372
[PROJX]
Beta Testers
773 posts
4,887 battles
1 minute ago, Varknyn12 said:

"ambush potential" is not a valid justification for a balance change. If X ship or Y ship type has "too much" of a strength and not enough weaknesses to balance it out, the data will CLEARLY show it. What was the data showing for the Kleber? Perfectly balanced

Data can't show everything. Henri was nerfed because it has an insane acceleration rate (although tbh it was overdone) and could easily dodge shots, even when at a complete stop. There would be no way for the almighty spreadsheet to know that. You can't rely purely on numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,388
Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles
Just now, PotatoMD said:

Data can't show everything. Henri was nerfed because it has an insane acceleration rate (although tbh it was overdone) and could easily dodge shots, even when at a complete stop. There would be no way for the almighty spreadsheet to know that. You can't rely purely on numbers

Data does show everything.

Again, if "insane acceleration rate" was so much that it caused an imbalance it would show in... you guessed it... the performance data for the Henri. Balance is quantifiable, so yes you can rely purely on numbers.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,596
[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
8 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

Data can't show everything. Henri was nerfed because it has an insane acceleration rate (although tbh it was overdone) and could easily dodge shots, even when at a complete stop. There would be no way for the almighty spreadsheet to know that. You can't rely purely on numbers

They could see this on data by potential damage and actual damage numbers. Which in all probability is how they made the decision finally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×