Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Battlecruiser_Repulse

A prince no more

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

6,097
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/prince-harry-meghan-markle-queen-announcement-royal

Always amazes me when pretentious people throw away things that are beyond the dreams of mere mortals. I know for a fact that millions would give their right thumb just to be ennobled - to become the head of a lowly barony. He spends his whole life as the other Prince (where obligation is already secondary to a posh, pampered lifestyle), marries a woman for whom those duties (and spectacular fame/weath) are "too much," and now he's cast it all aside so he can get on with the important business of being stupidly rich and completely carefree - all for the 'love' of a clearly immensely conceited, uber controlling lady he will no doubt be divorced from in under a decade. Also, there's nothing like spitting in the face of your beloved 90-something host, and over 1,000 years of tradition. But, hell, Meghan Markle is more transcendent than any of that hooey!

I know the British despise Meghan, but they can keep her.

Edited by Battlecruiser_Repulse
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,723
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,803 posts
16,952 battles

Check back into their lineage. Been others do the same, not the first time it's happened. Second, it would have to be a catastrophic event(S) to make way for him to become King someday.

 

Side note, the royal families who ruled Europe were related.

King George V and Tsar Nicholas II was first cousins. Their mothers were sisters.

iu (61).jpg

gettyimages-148262674-612x612.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,922
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,880 posts
11,656 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

(where obligation is already secondary to a posh, pampered lifestyle),

He did spend 10 years in the military I believe . Not as easy a lifestyle as you might think your judging someone who's shoes you never been in . Who's mother was basically killed at a young age by the press because of her fame.  Someone who is constantly in the public eye and attacked by the worlds slimiest and worst press corps . They can basically make up what ever story they want so he's probable just trying to protect his family . I'm sure he's carrying around a lot of baggage and emotional scars from the way is mom died . People should just leave them alone what's the fascination 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

He did spend 10 years in the military I believe . Not as easy a lifestyle as you might think your judging someone who's shoes you never been in . Who's mother was basically killed at a young age by the press because of her fame.

If you believe he had a real military experience, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Also, his mother died singularly because she was reckless - telling the limo driver to speed to "escape" the paparazzi? Not wearing seatbelts? People fawn over Diana, but a rocket scientist she was not.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,922
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,880 posts
11,656 battles
1 minute ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

If you believe he had a real military experience, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Also, his mother died singularly because she was reckless - telling the limo driver to speed to "escape" the paparazzi? Not wearing seatbelts? People fawn over Diana, but a rocket scientist she was not.

OK 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,545
[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,831 posts
4,733 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

I know the British despise Meghan, but they can keep her.

She's a California product.  Currently hiding out in Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,922
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,880 posts
11,656 battles
3 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

wI will never understand why people give a crapabout the royal family.

That's because we are Americans we never had a Constitutional Monarchy but in the United kingdom it is the oldest form of government . The Queen or Sovereign is the head of state but she no longer has a political or executive role in government . They have representational duties that have been going on for over a 1000 years . They are beloved by most of the British people but like everything else traditional , people are now questioning there worth and cost to the tax payers . Prince Harry as noted in the above post is not the first royal to want to abdicate his royal duties live as commoner and earn his own way . But it is sad that he's being kind of forced out by the press and probable to an extent his wife who the British people I meant to write the British royals will never accept as a royal .

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
5 minutes ago, clammboy said:

That's because we are Americans we never had a Constitutional Monarchy but in the United kingdom it is the oldest form of government.

I tend to take the perspective that, as Americans, our culture is still an offshoot (at least in sensibilities) of that of Britain. And some of us (certainly not all of us, or even a majority of us) still look wistfully across the pond and wish that we could be united once more. We, Canada, Britain, New Zealand, and Australia are the remnants of Imperial majesty - we're all that's left of the greatest Empire in the history of the world. So following the monarchy - being faithful to the Queen - is just a reflection of that nostalgia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,279
[WORX]
Members
11,437 posts
19,183 battles

IMO, Harry is Harry... It didn't surprise how he turned out... He loves Halle Berry, and his mother called him the "naughty" one..

Its no surprise to me he wants out, of the Royal Family.... He wants to be free of critics of his antics... I for one say good for Harry..

He has a wife with a couple of shades darker then a Normal Brit.

He wants to be a family man owning up to his privacy... I can respect that about Harry, considering the rumored bad boy Harry before Megan... This probably will change the lad into a man he so desperately is looking for in his life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,922
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,880 posts
11,656 battles

His wife being half black is more of a problem among the royals that it is the British people . I think the British people were way ahead of Americans when it came to racial issues and still are .

It's a shame how that country lets the press get away with what they do they torment people . Maybe there will be a backlash when people realize Prince Harry , Meghan and there young son Archie are gone .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,922
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,880 posts
11,656 battles
21 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

I tend to take the perspective that, as Americans, our culture is still an offshoot (at least in sensibilities) of that of Britain. And some of us (certainly not all of us, or even a majority of us) still look wistfully across the pond and wish that we could be united once more. We, Canada, Britain, New Zealand, and Australia are the remnants of Imperial majesty - we're all that's left of the greatest Empire in the history of the world. So following the monarchy - being faithful to the Queen - is just a reflection of that nostalgia.

Yes and we could add India , Spain and Saudi Arabia . 

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,801
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
5 hours ago, clammboy said:

He did spend 10 years in the military I believe . Not as easy a lifestyle as you might think your judging someone who's shoes you never been in . Who's mother was basically killed at a young age by the press because of her fame.  Someone who is constantly in the public eye and attacked by the worlds slimiest and worst press corps . They can basically make up what ever story they want so he's probable just trying to protect his family . I'm sure he's carrying around a lot of baggage and emotional scars from the way is mom died . People should just leave them alone what's the fascination 

Say what you will about the British Royals but they do serve their country.

The Queen served as a military driver in WWII.

18848d271c84e97143d453e7460356fe.jpg

Charles was a military pilot who flew for twenty years, both active and reserve; he also commanded a minesweeper.

royalty-prince-charles-helicopter-traini

His son, William, also was a military pilot and flies civilian rescue aircraft as well.

prince-william-600x400.jpg?itok=GDQYjo8U 

Harry served in the military for ten years, including a tour in Afghanistan.

 

image-1-for-editorial-pics-16th-june-201

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,801
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
6 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

If you believe he had a real military experience, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Also, his mother died singularly because she was reckless - telling the limo driver to speed to "escape" the paparazzi? Not wearing seatbelts? People fawn over Diana, but a rocket scientist she was not.

While the "Royals" do have a lot of ceremonial service and are undoubtedly looked after, they do actually serve. Flying helicopters is dangerous work. Weather and mechanical problems care little if you are a "normal" pilot or a "Royal." However, Harry saw active combat in Afghanistan both on the ground and as a helicopter pilot.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,922
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,880 posts
11,656 battles
9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Say what you will about the British Royals but they do serve their country.

The Queen served as a military driver in WWII.

18848d271c84e97143d453e7460356fe.jpg

Charles was a military pilot who flew for twenty years, both active and reserve; he also commanded a minesweeper.

royalty-prince-charles-helicopter-traini

His son, William, also was a military pilot and flies civilian rescue aircraft as well.

prince-william-600x400.jpg?itok=GDQYjo8U 

Harry served in the military for ten years, including a tour in Afghanistan.

 

image-1-for-editorial-pics-16th-june-201

 

 

 

Yes thanks I pointed this out but was rebuffed by the OP . They still do good work they may lead a pampered life but it’s a very structured life and they have to meet high standards . School , military ,  socially  and charity work everything must be on the up and up . It’s not for everybody . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,464
[WPORT]
Members
6,636 posts
11,616 battles
9 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Yes thanks I pointed this out but was rebuffed by the OP . They still do good work they may lead a pampered life but it’s a very structured life and they have to meet high standards . School , military ,  socially  and charity work everything must be on the up and up . It’s not for everybody . 

:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,464
[WPORT]
Members
6,636 posts
11,616 battles
9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

While the "Royals" do have a lot of ceremonial service and are undoubtedly looked after, they do actually serve. Flying helicopters is dangerous work. Weather and mechanical problems care little if you are a "normal" pilot or a "Royal." However, Harry saw active combat in Afghanistan both on the ground and as a helicopter pilot.

 

 

 

:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,464
[WPORT]
Members
6,636 posts
11,616 battles

The British Royals get a lot of attention by people for various reasons.

I think the tradition of serving, in military units and charitable causes, has helped them, over time.

Nobility isn't automatically derived from blood or genealogy.  Noble deeds are actions.  
"Street cred" and "Nobility" have in common the concept of 'standard(s) of behavior'.  One must behave well in order to earn or maintain one's reputation. 

The British aren't the only monarchy in the world.

Ultimately, people are people.  They're human, with all the potential virtues and flaws of the spectrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,971
[USCC2]
Members
6,185 posts
12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

He has a wife with a couple of shades darker then a Normal Brit.

I don't actually think there is a normal colour for a Brit! Like any country around the world, the country does not denote your colour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,801
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
4 hours ago, clammboy said:

Yes thanks I pointed this out but was rebuffed by the OP . They still do good work they may lead a pampered life but it’s a very structured life and they have to meet high standards . School , military ,  socially  and charity work everything must be on the up and up . It’s not for everybody . 

When I was teaching I had to watch what I said and did because I was a representative of the university. It was much the same when I was in the military. The "Royals" are expected to act as representatives of the Crown at all times. I think this is why Harry wanted out of it all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,922
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,880 posts
11,656 battles
13 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

When I was teaching I had to watch what I said and did because I was a representative of the university. It was much the same when I was in the military. The "Royals" are expected to act as representatives of the Crown at all times. I think this is why Harry wanted out of it all. 

Yes probable so It didn't help that his wife was never really going to be accepted and was going to be unfairly scrutinized by the Royals and the press . He probable always had one foot out the door and all the negative press and squabbling with his family probable pushed him the rest of the way . He always had a healthy distain for the press and rightfully so . Problem is people the press there never going to leave them alone I don't think he can out run these problems but I hope he does . Her father has already opened up his big mouth again to cause more problems .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,798 posts
13,770 battles
6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The British Royals get a lot of attention by people for various reasons.

I think the tradition of serving, in military units and charitable causes, has helped them, over time.

Nobility isn't automatically derived from blood or genealogy.  Noble deeds are actions.  
"Street cred" and "Nobility" have in common the concept of 'standard(s) of behavior'.  One must behave well in order to earn or maintain one's reputation. 

The British aren't the only monarchy in the world.

Ultimately, people are people.  They're human, with all the potential virtues and flaws of the spectrum.

Most of the (western) European monarchies at least have some claim due to genealogy. Most of the "nobility"/"royalty" descend from Charlemagne. 

I used to watch this youtube channel. They are interesting, very brief videos on family trees. He goes over all sorts of the "historical royal" family trees from European nations to Asian nations. Somewhat fascinating to watch, at least to me. 

 

Edited by Rollingonit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,464
[WPORT]
Members
6,636 posts
11,616 battles
1 hour ago, Rollingonit said:

Most of the (western) European monarchies at least have some claim due to genealogy. Most of the "nobility"/"royalty" descend from Charlemagne. 

I used to watch this youtube channel. They are interesting, very brief videos on family trees. He goes over all sorts of the "historical royal" family trees from European nations to Asian nations. Somewhat fascinating to watch, at least to me.  ...

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
On 1/19/2020 at 10:49 AM, clammboy said:

Yes probable so It didn't help that his wife was never really going to be accepted and was going to be unfairly scrutinized by the Royals and the press . He probable always had one foot out the door and all the negative press and squabbling with his family probable pushed him the rest of the way . He always had a healthy distain for the press and rightfully so . Problem is people the press there never going to leave them alone I don't think he can out run these problems but I hope he does . Her father has already opened up his big mouth again to cause more problems .

Apparently he didn't really want out at all.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/meghan-markle-family-happy-megxit-deal

Sigh. I think pretty much everyone involved is coming to realize that she is a bad egg. Perhaps, belatedly, so is Harry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×