You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

What T8 ship did you put your prem x-mas camo on

47 comments in this topic

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles

Since it’s a “put it on a ship and cant be moved” what T8 did you chose? I’m still deciding. I mean once you pick it’s over..lol 

[O_O]
Members
68 posts

Amalfi and Mogami.  I have one more that I may put on the tier 8 Russian BB when I get it.  I was really undecided until the last patch but now I can flip a switch to make the camo look like the regular perma-camo.

Edited by soltic

[4HIM]
Members
3,235 posts
13,817 battles

Put one on Amagi. Don't know where I'll use the other.  But now that I won't have to look at that hideous thing, I may just put it on the Kagero.  

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles

Put one on Amagi, since the old girl desperately needed a new coat of paint.

Still got 2 camos left. Haven't decided which other ships to put them on.

Members
3,097 posts
12,297 battles

None.  For better or for worse, I don’t play tech tree ships lower than tier 10.  Ironically, the only true candidate for T8 permanent camo would be Takao, but you can’t mount this particular camo on it.  All other premium ships all come with camo that is much better looking than this new year art project.

[RBMKI]
Members
371 posts
6,235 battles

I'm not a very big fan of those wierd camos... :cap_book:

• Confused 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles

I've got 5 unassigned T8 perma camos, and 1ea 9 and T10.  All unassigned because perma camo is worthless.

• Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,662 posts
7,053 battles
39 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Won’t let you put it on a CV.

Which is getting pretty old IMO.   How long does it actually take to model this?...there are already perma-camos in game for them and has always been. I'm not buying the too much time to model it anymore.   To me it speaks to WG being worried that they may have to do something drastic again in the future with CVs and that may require refunds.. ...      

[O_O]
Members
6,752 posts
16,138 battles
26 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

None.  For better or for worse, I don’t play tech tree ships lower than tier 10.  Ironically, the only true candidate for T8 permanent camo would be Takao, but you can’t mount this particular camo on it.  All other premium ships all come with camo that is much better looking than this new year art project.

10 minutes ago, MudRaker227 said:

This is what that weird, new year art project camo looks like when you apply them to the ship, then deselect them in the port filter (my Akizuki with the New Year camo assigned, mounted, and deselected):

k4ye7GX.jpg

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,662 posts
7,053 battles
11 minutes ago, MudRaker227 said:

There is now option as of last patch to turn them off in game and they will just be displayed as a regular camo and you still get benefits.  check you ship options tab lower right in port UI.  

Members
3,097 posts
12,297 battles
2 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

This is what that weird, new year art project camo looks like when you apply them to the ship, then deselect them in the port filter (my Akizuki with the New Year camo assigned, mounted, and deselected):

k4ye7GX.jpg

This is normal.  Any non historical permanent camouflage that you choose to hide in your options will revert back to default permanent camouflage skin when rendered on your client.  Same for other people.  For example all of those expensive space camouflages other people sport in the game render as regular permanent camo for me.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,521 posts
15,613 battles

I chose North Carolina, Hipper, Mogami and Akizuki. That leaves only the Lexington - and the Amagi and Shokaku when I get them - needing a bought one, and I'm hoping WG will toss something appropriate my way sometime this year (Lex/Shokaku space camo, perhaps?).

My Kagero got the similar T8 camo from the Filth event.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
825 posts
7,408 battles
46 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Won’t let you put it on a CV.

I wish it did, would help running my Lexington

I ended up with three of those camos. I put one of them on my new Baltimore

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles

1,100 temp camos on hand right now, all with much better payouts than perma camo.  I seem to amass 2 camos on average for every game I play.  No need for permas.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[WOLFA]
Members
811 posts
7,092 battles

I don't seem to understand the thought process behind putting a perm camo on a tec tree ship?

I only put mine on premiums like Mass and Bayard and few others.

• Confused 4

[O_O]
Members
6,752 posts
16,138 battles
23 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

I don't seem to understand the thought process behind putting a perm camo on a tec tree ship?

I only put mine on premiums like Mass and Bayard and few others.

But...but...premium ships already have premium camo.  Putting another perm camo on a premium ship gives you appearance options only.  Putting a perm camo on a tech tree ship gives you the camo perks you otherwise wouldn't have in those tech tree ships.

So, I am confused by your thinking, as well.  :Smile_unsure:

[WOLFA]
Members
811 posts
7,092 battles
5 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

But...but...premium ships already have premium camo.  Putting another perm camo on a premium ship gives you appearance options only.  Putting a perm camo on a tech tree ship gives you the camo perks you otherwise wouldn't have in those tech tree ships.

So, I am confused by your thinking, as well.  :Smile_unsure:

And when the tec tree ship is fully researched the camo is worthless so in essence it's the same.

Premium ships you will always have and play so to change up the standard camo to another has it's perks most importantly the credit earnings :Smile_facepalm:

• Confused 6

[RLGN]
Members
14,843 posts
26,354 battles

Nothing as of yet. Too busy worrying about other in-game stuffs atm.

Besides; I was a weird camo user before weird camo using was even cool.

T6 (now T8) Cleveland candy cane camo user since Christmas 2015! :cap_fainting:

Alpha Tester
522 posts
11,048 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

This is normal.  Any non historical permanent camouflage that you choose to hide in your options will revert back to default permanent camouflage skin when rendered on your client.  Same for other people.  For example all of those expensive space camouflages other people sport in the game render as regular permanent camo for me.

Wow. I wish I knew this the day this change was implemented. Last time I tried to hide a space camo, it just demounted it.

Thank you for the clarification.