Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11C4O

When Can I Sell?

17 comments in this topic

Members
438 posts
202 battles

Anyone know how long I have to keep Surrey now that I unlocked it? That thing is a piece of crap no way I'm keeping it port any longer than I have to.

Thanks

• Funny 2

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles

It should be next update (0.9.1) when the rest of the British heavy cruisers go live in the tech tree.

[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,113 battles

Surrey is a good ship. The thing about the RN CAs is that you have to properly angle the ship so it gets BB like armor. Basically if you angle your ship properly, with the exception of 18in guns, you will be able to bounce up to 16in guns AP shells by teasing them into thinking they’ll be able to lol citadel you when you effectively have the armor thickness of a large cruiser.

Members
1,374 posts

Sell!   

It is a Tech tree ship not a true Premium 

Only premiums which have been sold for cash at some point are reluctantly nerfed by WG.   It will not have any effect on Santa Crates.   

SELL!!!

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
31 minutes ago, LiaoXanLan said:

Surrey is a good ship. The thing about the RN CAs is that you have to properly angle the ship so it gets BB like armor. Basically if you angle your ship properly, with the exception of 18in guns, you will be able to bounce up to 16in guns AP shells by teasing them into thinking they’ll be able to lol citadel you when you effectively have the armor thickness of a large cruiser.

Yeah I have started running some stats comparisons with some other rival CAs, and the new RN Heavy Cruisers do looks promising. Of course it will depend on what their citadels and consumables are like. But armaments and mobility look good for what I have seen of the line so far. I certainly would not be contemplating selling those ships off just yet.

[WPORT]
Members
6,597 posts
11,605 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I have started running some stats comparisons with some other rival CAs, and the new RN Heavy Cruisers do looks promising. Of course it will depend on what their citadels and consumables are like. But armaments and mobility look good for what I have seen of the line so far. I certainly would not be contemplating selling those ships off just yet.

I think that the Albemarle sails nicely and fares well in the matches I've been in, so far. 
I'm looking to earn credits to purchase upgrades and gain experience to improve her Captain's skills.
She's not as fast as Italian cruisers, but she'll be able to dance competently, in my opinion.

Recently welcomed the Hawkins to my port, too.  Haven't sailed her yet, but her characteristics seem to have potential.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I think that the Albemarle sails nicely and fares well in the matches I've been in, so far. 
I'm looking to earn credits to purchase upgrades and gain experience to improve her Captain's skills.
She's not as fast as Italian cruisers, but she'll be able to dance competently, in my opinion.

Recently welcomed the Hawkins to my port, too.  Haven't sailed her yet, but her characteristics seem to have potential.

Considering how bad the armor and armaments of the Italian CAs are, I would gladly train a little speed for armor and more effective weapons.

[WPORT]
Members
6,597 posts
11,605 battles
20 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Considering how bad the armor and armaments of the Italian CAs are, I would gladly train a little speed for armor and more effective weapons.

I've been satisfied with the Italian Cruisers, so far.
They're not "boring", at least.  :-)
As I and others have mentioned elsewhere, the play-style for them can be challenging, but fun.  :-)

[WPORT]
Members
6,597 posts
11,605 battles
23 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Even if the British & Italian cruisers have comparable weaponry, the British capability to heal damage is a worthwhile trade-off for a few knots of speed.

Italians need to "dance" to avoid incoming ordnance, and they're pretty good at doing so when configured properly.  Brits have access to healing and hydro-acoustic-search consumables, so they're a little less concerned with their speed and maneuverability (which is satisfactory to begin with).

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've been satisfied with the Italian Cruisers, so far.
They're not "boring", at least.  :-)
As I and others have mentioned elsewhere, the play-style for them can be challenging, but fun.  :-)

Yeah the trouble with Italians is you can’t afford to be a specialized support ship in this game. You have to be able to step up and carry your teams if you want to win far too often and the Italian CAs are simply not cut out for doing this.

[WPORT]
Members
6,597 posts
11,605 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah the trouble with Italians is you can’t afford to be a specialized support ship in this game. You have to be able to step up and carry your teams if you want to win far too often and the Italian CAs are simply not cut out for doing this.

Duca D'Aosta is premium, so she has HE and AP instead of the tech-tree SAP & AP.  But, she's an exception to the trend among Italian cruisers.  :-)

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,141 battles
2 hours ago, IronMike11C4O said:

That thing is a piece of crap no way I'm keeping it port any longer than I have to.

Then you shouldn't have spent the tokens are doubloons to obtain it nor any of the other early access ships. That is solely on you since the EA events are completely voluntary. I surely hope that once the line goes live that the EA ships sell back return is ZERO! That'll learn ya.

[RLGN]
Members
14,868 posts
26,411 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Duca D'Aosta is premium, so she has HE and AP instead of the tech-tree SAP & AP.  But, she's an exception to the trend among Italian cruisers.  :-)

God, I hated that ship when I first got it...

...two years worth of experience later, not so much.

Hawkins...

...Lordy it’s squishy as hell; but I’ve come back from almost dead, and the guns seem right and tight.

Been treating it like a smokeless Emerald with better guns, and so far that’s worked.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,953 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

the new RN Heavy Cruisers do looks promising

I like my Devonshire, good guns, good AP and HE, and killer AA.

Sign in to follow this