Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Yes Yes At Last Finally Its Here

24 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,929 posts
23,736 battles

Finally its come to a end the long nights and hard days, the struggles and the curb stomping's I was on the receiving end of in the last 5 years but it made me strong made me want to go on and achieve the ultimate reward.

But before I share my exciting news there are many people and groups I would like to thank.

Firstly WG for designing such a great game, yes World Of Russians OP Warships has given me 5 years of well what can I say, sorry I am lost for words. no just kidding love the game.

I would like to thank the Academy of Arts and Science and my Agent.

I would also like to thank POPCORN Clan for putting up with my shenanigans.

I would like to thank Bacardi-Martini Australia

I would like to thank Disney Star Wars for " The Last Jedi and The Rise Of Skywalker " what great films ( NOT ) happily I didn't go and see the final film instead stayed home and played WOWS instead.

Yes I know its late ( 1.45 am for me ) and there are so many more I would like to thank but that will have to be for another time, so lets get down to it 

shot-20_01.19_01_14.26-0263.thumb.jpg.c5e698cf133b44a048a4c637f88075c9.jpg

The final win I needed

shot-20_01.19_00_47.56-0261.thumb.jpg.ea84947631887163fba786743a8c293f.jpg

And there she is possibly just finished her final voyage into battle who knows maybe one day she might sail again.

shot-20_01.19_02_00_00-0447.thumb.jpg.63e68ce832183d543f6b84cbf9e7766f.jpg

And here she is at long last after 5 long years of blood, sweat and tears, I'm drained my energy almost gone but triumphant.

I just have one last thing to say on this glorious night / morning.

Kremlin Kremlin  I'm coming to get YOU ! 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,767 battles

Congrats.

I prefer to think of the journey as it's own reward...but to each his own.

Go forth and show the world the superiority of a competent captain over stronk stalinium bias...

• Cool 1

[LZ1]
Members
291 posts
6,193 battles

The best part is when he logs in tomorrow and immediately complains about getting wrecked by multiple Smolensk etc. GK is great at being a candle. The current Tier 10 meta is horrible.

Members
1,647 posts
1,286 battles
1 minute ago, murder_0ne said:

The best part is when he logs in tomorrow and immediately complains about getting wrecked by multiple Smolensk etc. GK is great at being a candle. The current Tier 10 meta is horrible.

I mean, I'm not gonna disagree with you that fire spam sucks. But why is it worse for GK than most other BBs?

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
Just now, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

I mean, I'm not gonna disagree with you that fire spam sucks. But why is it worse for GK than most other BBs?

Hard for me to say just yet as my Yamato deck armor is thick enough to shrug off at least some of the HE shells, and my only other X BB is Republique that I wonder if there is kerosene coating that ship... So I would say GK likely can’t be worse than the Republique in terms of flammability.

[LZ1]
Members
291 posts
6,193 battles
2 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Size, turning circle, armor scheme, superstructure, fragility of AA vs other ships etc. I *love* German BBs but the current meta doesn't do them any favors. My favorite play style is close range brawling but starting with the Bismark and getting put in Tier 10 games the T10 meta is long range sniping out of necessity otherwise you're burned to death once you're within cruiser range. This doesn't play to the GK's strengths of short-mid range knife fights with its secondaries blazing.

Just last night I re-purchased the Bayern and it's been amazingly fun and enjoyable until I get up tiered in a T8 game and have to go 1v1 with a Richelieu. But that's another issue all together. I digress.

Members
1,647 posts
1,286 battles
5 minutes ago, murder_0ne said:

Size, turning circle, armor scheme, superstructure, fragility of AA vs other ships etc. I *love* German BBs but the current meta doesn't do them any favors. My favorite play style is close range brawling but starting with the Bismark and getting put in Tier 10 games the T10 meta is long range sniping out of necessity otherwise you're burned to death once you're within cruiser range. This doesn't play to the GK's strengths of short-mid range knife fights with its secondaries blazing.

Just last night I re-purchased the Bayern and it's been amazingly fun and enjoyable until I get up tiered in a T8 game and have to go 1v1 with a Richelieu. But that's another issue all together. I digress.

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Hard for me to say just yet as my Yamato deck armor is thick enough to shrug off at least some of the HE shells, and my only other X BB is Republique that I wonder if there is kerosene coating that ship... So I would say GK likely can’t be worse than the Republique in terms of flammability.

Size and maneuverability is a fair point, but armor doesn't matter when it comes to fires. Shells that break still cause them.

[BNKR]
Members
1,650 posts
2,808 battles
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Republique is damned by 32mm playing all over. Most IFHE cruisers don’t even need fires to melt her. 

Edited by RagingxMarmoset

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
4 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Republique is damned by 32mm playing all over. Most IFHE cruisers don’t even need fires to melt her. 

Lol if I am close or mid range in Salem I don’t even bother with the HE, I use AP and rapidly cut down Republique’s armor. Republique feels like a CA  masquerading as a BB. Of course it has the high speed in exchange for having the reduced armor.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,914 posts
11,682 battles
42 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

It's pretty bad your basically on fire all the time in the GK . But you get the flag , fire prevention , superintendent for the extra heal and to put out fires . If you use them right you can stay alive long enough to make an impact . Its bad but that's the way it is for all BB's in tier 10 right now . You still have those big guns that were recently buffed and the great secondaries  it can tank serious damage not like a Kremlin but still pretty good she can take beating and her play style is fun . Unfortunately her play style doesn't fit the current tier 10 meta It's hard to play her the way you want to . You have to be patient wait for the right moment and then get in close and try and do some damage . Something I stink at is patience I get bored after 5 minutes and charge in get focused fired do some damage and die . You have to relax and learn to chill till the right moment . 

Edited by clammboy

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,914 posts
11,682 battles

Oh yea congratulations on getting the GK after your long hard fought grind good luck with her .

Members
172 posts
11,974 battles

Now begins the eternal debate...

406s or 420s?

:cap_popcorn:

[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,122 battles
1 hour ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

10 minutes ago, Rokkator said:

Now begins the eternal debate...

406s or 420s?

:cap_popcorn:

I believe this should explain everything.

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
299 posts
6,487 battles
1 hour ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Grats on the GK... I'm almost there and anxious to get it... however I put that grind on the back burner to go back to the German CA's.  

Per the GK being a candle... could it be captain skill build?  Too much emphasis on secondary build and not on damage mitigation... hence not taking the fire reducing skills, prevention, etc???  That's why I attribute my FDG to catching fire... besides being slow and somewhat clumsy... but I've got like a combo secondary/damage mitigation build and haven't put the skill points to reduce down fire chance and recovery yet.  

[NFJF]
Members
693 posts
10,417 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Finally its come to a end the long nights and hard days, the struggles and the curb stomping's I was on the receiving end of in the last 5 years but it made me strong made me want to go on and achieve the ultimate reward.

But before I share my exciting news there are many people and groups I would like to thank.

Firstly WG for designing such a great game, yes World Of Russians OP Warships has given me 5 years of well what can I say, sorry I am lost for words. no just kidding love the game.

I would like to thank the Academy of Arts and Science and my Agent.

I would also like to thank POPCORN Clan for putting up with my shenanigans.

I would like to thank Bacardi-Martini Australia

I would like to thank Disney Star Wars for " The Last Jedi and The Rise Of Skywalker " what great films ( NOT ) happily I didn't go and see the final film instead stayed home and played WOWS instead.

Yes I know its late ( 1.45 am for me ) and there are so many more I would like to thank but that will have to be for another time, so lets get down to it 

shot-20_01.19_01_14.26-0263.thumb.jpg.c5e698cf133b44a048a4c637f88075c9.jpg

The final win I needed

shot-20_01.19_00_47.56-0261.thumb.jpg.ea84947631887163fba786743a8c293f.jpg

And there she is possibly just finished her final voyage into battle who knows maybe one day she might sail again.

shot-20_01.19_02_00_00-0447.thumb.jpg.63e68ce832183d543f6b84cbf9e7766f.jpg

And here she is at long last after 5 long years of blood, sweat and tears, I'm drained my energy almost gone but triumphant.

I just have one last thing to say on this glorious night / morning.

Kremlin Kremlin  I'm coming to get YOU ! 

Congrats man, its an upgrade for sure. However, at the same time, I've never understood the hatred towards the FDG. I just play it like a "super Bismarck."

[RBMKI]
Members
371 posts
6,235 battles

Or, you could have just gotten the Puerto Rico.... :Smile_popcorn:

[ALWC]
Members
1,190 posts
14,928 battles
3 hours ago, murder_0ne said:

Don’t start this! We all know, because WG told us, Smolensk is balanced unlike those BBQ starters Henry or Kleber. Glad they got balance!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this