Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WarKitten_1

Meaning of stats question

7 comments in this topic

[-QG-]
Members
65 posts
4,820 battles

Greetings All,

I have a 'stat' question, using my Vauquelin as an example: in the modules screen I have 28k xp so I can go up to a B hull, the stat screen for the B says that  my torps get a +5 (23) to them.  So what exactly does this add to them? Same amount of tubes per group,  damage isn't increased...if so, it does not say, so what?  If this was AA, I would think that +5 meant that 5 more AA guns were added to the ship.

Just trying to understand things better.

Thank you all for any help!

WarKitten

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,743 posts

the 1-100 rating that WG gives is pretty arbitrary and does not correspond to any actual number increase in regards to torp reload, or guns, etc.

Just WG suggesting that its now about 20% more whateverish than it was.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,489 battles

I'm at work, so I cannot sheck it in port. Maybe they get a faster reload time?

As for AA: you could have even less gun mounts, but because they are duo or quad guns, or have a higher ROF, it will show as +5.

Those numbers should give you a crude comparison to other ships.

Members
246 posts
310 battles
58 minutes ago, WarKitten_1 said:

Greetings All,

I have a 'stat' question, using my Vauquelin as an example: in the modules screen I have 28k xp so I can go up to a B hull, the stat screen for the B says that  my torps get a +5 (23) to them.  So what exactly does this add to them? Same amount of tubes per group,  damage isn't increased...if so, it does not say, so what?  If this was AA, I would think that +5 meant that 5 more AA guns were added to the ship.

Just trying to understand things better.

Thank you all for any help!

WarKitten

Click on the upgrade.

On the stats section (right side) you'll see some parameters being improved. Click on each sub-section to expand them. Things that change will have a warning sign on them.

Hover over it and you'll see exactly what changes.

Edited by KosmicRavioli

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,405 battles

The B hull turns the wing dual launchers into triple launchers. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,221 posts
24,618 battles

The ratings are utter garbage.  Pay zero attention to them.  If you really want to see what changes are happening with a new module, upgrade before committing, you need to do the following.

Below I want to see what changes when I go from Devonshire A to the B Hull.  Expand your ship's ratings / stats on the right side.  Then Left Click on the module / upgrade on the left side.  Don't confirm purchase / researching / mounting. 

DNNWdjD.jpg

Again, you don't have to confirm the purchase, just Left Click and let the menu stay up there.  Since you expanded the ship stats on the right side earlier, you can see what kind of changes are happening should you take that module / upgrade.

You'll see the red-orange ! within a triangle, that's telling you there are changes that would occur there.  In the below example, you can see B Hull will change the Short and Medium Range AA.  Just hover the cursor and you can see the changes.  In the case below, I'm checking the Medium Range AA.  The menu will show green for improvements or red for worse values.  You can even scroll up and down the port stats on the right.

8WsjEQS.jpg

It's pretty important to do this when you're grinding ship lines and check what modules actually bring key benefits more than others.  When you know this, you can prioritize a module to research first and spend credits on.  You can do the same thing when it comes to Upgrades even before buying and mounting them.

The ratings on the right are complete garbage.  Ignore them.  Expand the right side menu and see what's really going on.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[TORCH]
Members
624 posts
16,359 battles

I wouldn't call them "complete garbage", but their usefulness is VERY limited.  Basically, the rating tells you that something is different, and gives you some sort of arbitrary gauge of how different it might be.  As others have already pointed out, you need to drill down into the data and see exactly WHAT will change, and how it changes.  Once you have a detailed understanding of the change, then you can decide which upgrades to prioritize.  There may even be some upgrades you don't want.  I can think of two examples of the latter:

The stock T3 Bogatyr has 6" guns.  There's an upgrade available, mimicking a modernization that was actually done to the ship, that replaces the old model 6" (152 mm) guns with newer 130 mm guns (I think that's the right caliber).  The newer guns are smaller, and do less damage, but have higher muzzle velocities and higher rate of fire, IIRC.  Some players decide to forgo this upgrade and keep the older, larger caliber guns.  Others prefer the ballistics of the upgraded guns.

Another example is the Omaha.  The B hull upgrade is a no-brainer, but there's also a C hull upgrade which gives you better AA, but the tradeoff is that you loose 2 main battery guns and 2 torpedo mounts.  I decided to stick with the B hull, 'cause I really didn't want to lose main battery guns.  Ever since the CV rework, I've been wondering if the extra AA would be a better choice...

Anyway...dig down into those stats, and make sure you understand in detail what you are buying before you actually commit to an upgrade.  All those ratings really do is tell you where to dig.

Sign in to follow this