Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

[HMCSH]
Members
47 posts
8,393 battles

Greetings,

Been looking at more armory upgrades recently. I noticed the Damage control party upgrade. I was thinking it would be good for Russian BB's as the immunity to fire after using that thing would be longer. However I don't really see many posts about that. Anyone have thoughts on it.

Second thought was on the Perth and the Haida. As they have time based smoke and I was wondering if the Smoke upgrade would let their smokes last longer as well.

Third though was on Using the radar upgrade on the Salem to extend the Salem radar duration even more. Not sure if regular Damage mod 1 is better.

Interested in hearing your thoughts commanders.

ChevalierClass

[WPORT]
Members
6,609 posts
11,613 battles

I've installed a few "engine boost" upgrades on a few of my ships.   Worth every ounce of coal they cost.  :-)

If you have the coal and the upgrade won't interfere with the desired operation of the ship (by removing the other upgrade the new upgrade replaces), then go for it.  :-)

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

Damage control party doesn't seem good on anything.

Smoke upgrade is good on anything with creeping smoke, Haida, Perth, Huanghe

And yes, the radar mod is better than damage con

[KSC]
Members
789 posts
10,939 battles
37 minutes ago, ChevalierClass said:

Greetings,

Been looking at more armory upgrades recently. I noticed the Damage control party upgrade. I was thinking it would be good for Russian BB's as the immunity to fire after using that thing would be longer. However I don't really see many posts about that. Anyone have thoughts on it.

Second thought was on the Perth and the Haida. As they have time based smoke and I was wondering if the Smoke upgrade would let their smokes last longer as well.

Third though was on Using the radar upgrade on the Salem to extend the Salem radar duration even more. Not sure if regular Damage mod 1 is better.

ChevalierClass

For the Damage Con upgrade, try to look for things with very long values.  It might throw off and extra follow-up salvo of HE while it's running.  American Battleships have a 30 second Damage Con duration.  CVs have a 60 second duration.

Double check the smoke one.  It doesn't work on Italian Cruisers, for instance.  It may not be compatible with the rolling smoke of the Haida/Perth.

Radar is always useful.  If you will play the ship to take advantage of radar or hydro, the upgrades are well worth.

[PVE]
Members
20,017 posts
12,704 battles
2 hours ago, ChevalierClass said:

Greetings,

ChevalierClass

DC special upgrade in slot 1 gives +40% active time.

RU BBs are 10s normal and 14s with the upgrade.

German, UK and French BBs have 15s, so you can get close to these.

Sign in to follow this