You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
brewakeg

I was an [edited]***e and wish to apologize

38 comments in this topic

Members
252 posts
9,333 battles

Yesterday, I did something I vowed never to do in WOW....take it too seriously.   I noticed a cruiser camping behind an island and called them for it.  Not only that, I fired a salvo over their bows (some of the shells hit the cruiser, not intended) and threatened to sink the cruiser if they didn't get out there and move.

In 1 1/2 years of playing WOW I have never done anything like this and it is eating on me today.  I would like to apologize directly to the cruiser captain in question.  If you are reading this, you know who you are.   Sorry, I have learned a huge lesson....It's only a game, and everyone has a different style of playing.  

>>>

WOW, maybe as part of an overhaul of the "Compliment/Karma" system, you could include a "I was an as****e" message to a selected player?  This would be a 'form letter' type,  of standard text, in a one-way send (no back and forth messages).   Just to let someone know, after thinking about it, or viewing the replay, that our actions were not appropriate.   This might help, in a small way, to make the play a bit more civil.

Thanks for your attention, please take the time to vote/respond if you think this has value.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,166 posts
14,749 battles

Everyone has a moment now and then. Most of us regret those moments as you do :Smile_great: but some are so full of themselves that they think they are right.

• Cool 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,893 posts
11,670 battles

It's ok at least you owned up to it . Feels kind of good to get it out there in the open doesn't it ?

• Cool 1

Members
6,754 posts
21,151 battles
34 minutes ago, brewakeg said:

Yesterday, I did something I vowed never to do in WOW....take it too seriously.   I noticed a cruiser camping behind an island and called them for it.  Not only that, I fired a salvo over their bows (some of the shells hit the cruiser, not intended) and threatened to sink the cruiser if they didn't get out there and move.

Kid's play.

See the source image

• Cool 1

Members
6,754 posts
21,151 battles
5 minutes ago, clammboy said:

It's ok at least you owned up to it . Feels kind of good to get it out there in the open doesn't it ?

Ha! NO, that isn't what feels good. What he did feels good. Real good.

Members
180 posts
18,121 battles

Oh come on you think in the Navy when someone is not pulling their weight or cowering they have a talk nice HR department meeting.... i call a spade a spade and wear chat bans as a honor and will court marshal shoot/torp useless cowards into shape on my own team just like they do in the real world.

• Boring 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,893 posts
11,670 battles
10 minutes ago, Torque64 said:

Oh come on you think in the Navy when someone is not pulling their weight or cowering they have a talk nice HR department meeting.... i call a spade a spade and wear chat bans as a honor and will court marshal shoot/torp useless cowards into shape on my own team just like they do in the real world.

Your not in a real war the last time I looked this is a game . So as much as you would like to think your a man for playing the game a certain way your not . Now if you have been in a war I apologize if not you should leave that talk to real vets and I'm not one of them but I don't pretend to be one either . 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
6,658 posts
11,641 battles

After a battle, there is a "Team Score" screen available.
Players are listed along with their ships.  Might add someone to your contacts and message them directly, next time?

• Cool 2

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
59 minutes ago, brewakeg said:

In 1 1/2 years of playing WOW I have never done anything like this and it is eating on me today.  I would like to apologize directly to the cruiser captain in question.  If you are reading this, you know who you are.   Sorry, I have learned a huge lesson....It's only a game, and everyone has a different style of playing.  

>>>

WOW, maybe as part of an overhaul of the "Compliment/Karma" system, you could include a "I was an as****e" message to a selected player?  This would be a 'form letter' type,  of standard text, in a one-way send (no back and forth messages).   Just to let someone know, after thinking about it, or viewing the replay, that our actions were not appropriate.   This might help, in a small way, to make the play a bit more civil.

Thanks for your attention, please take the time to vote/respond if you think this has value.

I am very curious about what you think a cruiser should be doing besides sniping from behind an island? Some cruisers are designed to be played that way others are not. You will rarely if ever see a cruiser that should be playing in open water hiding behind an island they just do not do it because of gun arcs. A cruiser designed to be using cover is a dead duck if it tries to play an open water role.

[55UP]
Members
407 posts
3,247 battles

At least you weren’t the torpedo crew on the USS William D. Porter that fired a live torpedo at the USS Iowa while the president was aboard. 

• Cool 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,893 posts
11,670 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

jesus.gif.3941f5ceef09c7540b7489828c6cacab.gif

As penance, use the sign of the cross in Spanish and control that trigger finger.

That’s a good one +1

[CRPT]
Members
92 posts
5,624 battles

absolutely, an apology feature would be appropriate and welcome to allot of us. granted unless it's the last second of a battle most people who are going to do so do it in chat, but me, i'm a lousy typist so one I can use-especially if it impacts the other guy's karma-would be quite welcome.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,580 battles
1 hour ago, brewakeg said:

>>>

That's ok, as long as you learned your lesson and promise never to do it again … 

Next time, use torpedoes and make sure you get the job done right :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,580 battles
49 minutes ago, FineousFingers said:

At least you weren’t the torpedo crew on the USS William D. Porter that fired a live torpedo at the USS Iowa while the president was aboard. 

Oh please, please, please tell me this is a true story :)

Edit: I read some of the short history and yes, it was amazing in all the wrong ways … I especially liked the part where a sailor throws the torpedo primer overboard to hide his mistake.

All this reminds me of why McNamara's 100,000 policy was such a success and was overwhelmingly received with praise by soldiers in the field. Send those soldiers to fight for the enemy!

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,442 posts
19,196 battles
28 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Oh please, please, please tell me this is a true story :)

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,837 posts
4,733 battles
1 hour ago, brewakeg said:

In 1 1/2 years of playing WOW I have never done anything like this and it is eating on me today. 

Drunk that.  Been there.  Drinking and playing will cause strange things to happen.

Fortunately, the solution to the guilt is more drinking.

Bacon helps too. 1924453596_BeerandBacon.jpg.c935a7dbce2d93682deb5a8bfeafa47d.jpg

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,580 battles
11 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Hehe, I read a history on it and I'm so glad I did … 

There was another famous quote about sailors greeting the crew, saying "Don't shoot - we're Republicans" lol 

OMG, you can't make this stuff up 

My only question is - Why haven't they made a movie about this? Or was that McHale's Navy?

It's comedy Gold!

Edited by Commander_367

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,180 posts
26,664 battles

No worries......today I had a cruiser captain get so mad at his team he fired torpedoes at 3 of us on his own team.    He hit one of us, luckily I avoided.   chit happens.   There are times I would love to team kill....but if I did, I would be no better than the person doing stupid stuff.  

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
962 posts
9,951 battles

Wouldn't it just be easier to say sorry in game? I mean, just write it out. I'm sorry for shooting you. 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,580 battles
1 minute ago, pastore123 said:

Wouldn't it just be easier to say sorry in game? I mean, just write it out. I'm sorry for shooting you. 

Is it just me, or is this entire thread hilarious!

Members
252 posts
9,333 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

Yes it does.  I hope the captain in question can see this.   I'm NOT that kind of jerk that has no feelings.