You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
alfaboy95

Used up all my luck on the British event

12 comments in this topic

[BARON]
Members
47 posts
5,727 battles

If i knew rngesus would bless me like this, then I would have bought Christmas crates. Haven't had this luck with the previous french or italian events. Not sure I like the unlimited free token box idea, but its the same as the random crate drop of previous events. At least I can see what I am getting with this model. However if there is a premium involved like Genova, then they cannot be unlimited crates. Overall pretty good balance this event and the easy grind is welcome.

1068489146_ScreenShot2020-01-17at2_55_22PM.thumb.png.11f443987f5376ebecf72a5e8c90290d.png

The first one was the T6 Devonshire, was fun but im looking to try out the T8 now. The AA in the t6 and the def aa consumable made the enemy cv really dislike me in that game. Doesn't make me dread the multi cv games in the bottom tiers with that ship. What I am liking is the good concealment on these cruisers. Can kite and choose engagements pretty well.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,103 posts
14,728 battles

There are two downsides to the RN CA's. The first is the short range of the guns. The second is the glass jaw, they are true glass cannons but if you play with that in mind they are fun.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,289 battles

It blessed you like this because you didn’t buy Xmas crates.  If you had, you’d never receive one through the entire event.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
47 minutes ago, alfaboy95 said:

The first one was the T6 Devonshire

guess that answers question are ship drops always lowest tier first, would have guessed yes

[WPORT]
Members
6,597 posts
11,605 battles

Last night I purchased two crates for 1,000 doubloons each.  The second crate contained the Albemarle.
I figured my luck had reached a "best to quit while I'm ahead" status.  :-)

Screenshot enclosed.

Albemarle_UK tier-8 premium cruiser received from crate for 1000 doubloons_01-16-2020_.jpg

• Cool 1

[BARON]
Members
47 posts
5,727 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

There are two downsides to the RN CA's. The first is the short range of the guns. The second is the glass jaw, they are true glass cannons but if you play with that in mind they are fun.

Agreed, I played them a bit similar to the Italian cruisers. The lack of smoke is balanced by low concealment. I think I prefer the low concealment over the smoke, but both lines have been quite enjoyable

[ARGSY]
Members
21,599 posts
15,660 battles
14 hours ago, Ozium said:

guess that answers question are ship drops always lowest tier first, would have guessed yes

In the French event, the Guepard dropped before the Jaguar for me. Otherwise it has either been lower tier first or (for the Russian BB event) T5 only. (That was because you had to buy the unlock-chance boxes with tokens, but they were the same tokens you had to use for the premium cruiser or the T8 permacamos - I'm sure I could have got more if I'd spent all my tokens on them, but I had other priorities). 

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

The RNG will come back to haunt you. I got the low tier Halloween camos very quickly. Then the T10 camo took was one of the last and took forever to grind.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
10 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In the French event, the Guepard dropped before the Jaguar for me

and for me the only frenchi to drop was Jag with like two days left of event.  and six or so free brit crates so far no ship /sigh par for course ...