Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nerrad2001

Puerto Rico build

10 comments in this topic

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
5 posts
12,626 battles

Does anyone have issue with the build of this ship? I ground my way to 49,751,866 out of 51,300,000 or 97% before I ran out of time. And WG still wants 15,000 gold to finish??? That is somewhere around $80!! Are they kidding?

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Days late, dollar (or 1,548,134 build points) short.

Thought we were going to get through at least one morning without a mention of this - no such luck.

I really should know better with these forums!

[KSC]
Members
774 posts
10,838 battles
11 minutes ago, Nerrad2001 said:

Does anyone have issue with the build of this ship? I ground my way to 49,751,866 out of 51,300,000 or 97% before I ran out of time. And WG still wants 15,000 gold to finish??? That is somewhere around $80!! Are they kidding?

It's a marketing concept called the Sunk Cost Fallacy.  Basically, you see all the work you have put in and want to invest what's needed to finish the journey.

For what it's worth, I've enjoyed the Puerto Rico a lot.  15,000 dubloons is in line with the 14,000 that many T8 ships cost. 

If you don't want to pay the dubloons, it's been stated the ship will be available through other means at a later time.

• Boring 1

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
5 posts
12,626 battles

I understand that, it just seems excessive.  Just a little too much of a money grab for my taste. I know that jmanII does not see it that way and that is his choice. Is the only driving factor for WG profit? I see the occasional request like the one for the Batfish (which I supported btw) and this is good. But I would like to hope that money is not the only thing WG thinks of. Sooner or later greed comes back to bite.

Just my opinion. And there will be those that say "well if you don't like it leave" and fair enough. Only problem is since WG owns everything you built/bought their model makes it hard to walk away from.

I apologize if this topic has been raised before, I did not see it otherwise I would have posted there.

Edited by Nerrad2001

[RBMKI]
Members
371 posts
6,235 battles

You could have also just done the math a few weeks ago (or asked for advice here on the forums) and purchased the first doubloon booster for 6000 gold and be guaranteed the ship. The devil was in the details....  :Smile_coin:

NIce progress though, you really did close to getting it finished for free! Best wishes on whatever you end up deciding to do.

Edited by MudRaker227

[FEM]
Members
2,058 posts
17,210 battles

In this case, it clearly told you how many stages you would complete before it ends, so you knew you weren't going to make it. The costs to build are flat rates, not prorated (cash grab/ill informed choice by WG). At 15k doubloons assuming no other cost to you, compared to other ships in this game that is a good price for a T10 that is, in my view, fairly strong in randoms. Obviously though I recommend not buying it for that unless you already have the doubloons, and instead waiting to see what they sell it for in the future, as it may be something easy like coal or  steel.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
37 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

In this case, it clearly told you how many stages you would complete before it ends, so you knew you weren't going to make it. The costs to build are flat rates, not prorated (cash grab/ill informed choice by WG). At 15k doubloons assuming no other cost to you, compared to other ships in this game that is a good price for a T10 that is, in my view, fairly strong in randoms. Obviously though I recommend not buying it for that unless you already have the doubloons, and instead waiting to see what they sell it for in the future, as it may be something easy like coal or  steel.

Lol just imagine what people who paid all that cash for full price Puerto Rico would say if it became a coal ship later this year... :Smile_veryhappy:

[FEM]
Members
2,058 posts
17,210 battles
26 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol just imagine what people who paid all that cash for full price Puerto Rico would say if it became a coal ship later this year... :Smile_veryhappy:

I would doubt within the year, but its going to be available in some way or another and it sounds like it is already planned.

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

The tooltip told you if you were gonna complete it on time or not, you knew you were not gonna make it so beforehand giving you a chance to grind out (or buy) another booster. 

Sign in to follow this