Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Bots

12 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
949 posts
27,072 battles

Would it be possible to add a category for reporting Bots. I believe it should be much quicker and easier to get these accounts flagged for action by WOWs.

[STW-A]
Members
831 posts
7,122 battles

While in theory I agree that this would be nice, I have also seen a fair amount of regular players whose actions would lead you to believe they're bots until you see them respond in chat.  It would probably lead to abuse and a fair amount of people who aren't actually bots getting reported, and WG would have to spend the time wading through who is legit and who isn't.

[FEM]
Members
2,088 posts
17,247 battles

Bot used to be a report option, but Im guessing it was incorrect most of the time because of how many players play just like a bot

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,229 battles
37 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

I believe it should be much quicker and easier to get these accounts flagged for action by WOWs.

Send in support tickets with the replay so the evidence is there for investigation. An in battle click report does nothing since it provides no evidence.

[PVE]
Members
1,467 posts
40,804 battles
56 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Would it be possible to add a category for reporting Bots. I believe it should be much quicker and easier to get these accounts flagged for action by WOWs.

Was it Sellers or Tirpitz. Then 2 try to kill me no matter what team they are on.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-VT-]
Members
949 posts
27,072 battles

It would be nice is ever game had a instance number or some sort of ID that could be referenced, it is on their servers after all but I start making sure I do replays on all the games I guess.

[-VT-]
Members
949 posts
27,072 battles
1 minute ago, cecill611 said:

Was it Sellers or Tirpitz. Then 2 try to kill me no matter what team they are on.

It was a tier ten Game our CV was a bot it drove straight in tot he cap never launched a plane

[PVE]
Members
1,467 posts
40,804 battles
1 minute ago, vikingno2 said:

It was a tier ten Game our CV was a bot it drove straight in tot he cap never launched a plane

I have never seen that. 

Maybe you should send a replay to support.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
618 posts
5,499 battles
1 hour ago, Deviathan said:

While in theory I agree that this would be nice, I have also seen a fair amount of regular players whose actions would lead you to believe they're bots until you see them respond in chat.  It would probably lead to abuse and a fair amount of people who aren't actually bots getting reported, and WG would have to spend the time wading through who is legit and who isn't.

With some of what I've seen in chat I'm not sure that is valid proof.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,700 posts
10,773 battles
1 hour ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Bot used to be a report option, but Im guessing it was incorrect most of the time because of how many players play just like a bot

:Pohl: and :Halgan: resent this remark.

• Funny 1

[STW-A]
Members
831 posts
7,122 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Send in support tickets with the replay so the evidence is there for investigation. An in battle click report does nothing since it provides no evidence.

I've always been curious why WG needs us to provide replays.  I used to play EVE, and CCP would investigate the game logs for things like this.  I'm not sure if WG logs player activity to that level or not though.

[ALLY]
Members
342 posts
19,482 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

Viking,

I have seen games like you are stating.  It was more likely that the player hit W a few times and then had to AFK for what ever reason.  Even the Bot CVs in COOP launch planes.  I can be wrong, but have seen players go AFK and just keep steaming in the direction they were when they went AFK all the time.

C130 signing out

Sign in to follow this