You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
maddwabbit

WOWS camo price a bad joke

28 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
5,019 battles

perm camo world of tanks =750 gold or 7 dollars new Zealand may be less now, in wows 4000 to 8000 doubloons or 26 dollars for a camo LAMO
if I played this WOWS as much as WOT and i had 28 tier 10 boats as i do in WOT.... to buy those camos in wows it would cost $728 dollars new zealand to buy it..... really lamo ...  people that don't buy camo will get sick of the advantage that people get by buying camo get out spotted and killed that ruins the playing experience why would people keep playing like that..... me I would just quit and take my money and time and play something that's not a total rip off.....  lots of people quitting how is this a good business.... at least I know were you got the name of the game from coz at those prices it really is WOWS..... ps love in gameplay 4k its wicked but prices not so wicked

Edited by maddwabbit
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[FEM]
Members
2,066 posts
17,214 battles
10 minutes ago, maddwabbit said:

people that don't buy camo will get sick of the advantage that people get by buying camo get out spotted and killed that ruins the playing experience why would people keep playing like that..... 

In wows there are credit camos that give the same combat bonuses and are so cheap they may as well be free, and WG gives camos away constantly to the point I know I will never run out. Additionally the wows economy is far more inflated/easy for the player than tanks, so you don't need the perma camo to consistently turn profit even as a pure free to play player.

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

FYI The battle advantages of buying perma camo are exactly 0 in WoWs (over using a regular camo).  Every camo gives the detection and dispersion buffs  (aside from 2 that nobody really uses) and the rest simply impact the economics side for the player.

I admit, this makes them an even worse deal for the money, so you have a bit of a point, but there are no battle advantages.

[HINON]
Members
13,719 posts

Over 3k battles and you didn't notice that the normal camos have the exact same combat bonuses as the permacamos? Just surprised. WOWS economy is way easier than WOT hands down.

Members
3,097 posts
12,298 battles

In WOT playing T9/T10 tanks only is going to bankrupt you unless you are running premium time and/or game bonuses with limited availability in game.  Premium T9/T10 tanks don’t come with any economy bonuses.  Permanent camo available for money does not come with any economy bonuses.  Of course, you can pay real money for gold and then use that to buy premium shells, and then you can spam high tier games indefinitely.  This will cost so much real money so fast that it will you dizzy.  You can easily blow $50 US per day.

In WOWS playing T9/T10 ships only is actually viable if you run permacamo, even without premium time and other economy bonuses, period.  It might be expensive to initially acquire this camo, but it’s nature is permanent.

The difference is literally night and day.  If I want to play tanks, I basically MUST play certain tanks that I don’t want to play.  In warships I get to play ships I want to play, 100% of the time.

Edited by Ramsalot
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,544 battles
1 hour ago, maddwabbit said:

perm camo world of tanks =750 gold or 7 dollars new Zealand may be less now, in wows 4000 dub or 26 dollars for a camo LAMO
if I played this WOWS as much as WOT and i had 28 tier 10 boats as i do in WOT.... to buy those camos in wows it would cost $728 dollars new zealand to buy it..... really lamo ...  people that don't buy camo will get sick of the advantage that people get by buying camo get out spotted and killed that ruins the playing experience why would people keep playing like that..... me I would just quit and take my money and time and play something that's not a total rip off.....  lots of people quitting how is this a good business.... at least I know were you got the name of the game from coz at those prices it really is WOWS..... ps love in gameplay 4k its wicked but prices not so wicked

Don't forget … Perma camos in Wot are transferable to other tanks and sometimes other nations as well = huge savings 

Having to buy T10 perma camo for every ship is insane … not to mention the more expensive versions for 6-8k doubloons 

Members
5 posts
5,019 battles

35 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

FYI The battle advantages of buying perma camo are exactly 0 in WoWs (over using a regular camo).  Every camo gives the detection and dispersion buffs  (aside from 2 that nobody really uses) and the rest simply impact the economics side for the player.

I admit, this makes them an even worse deal for the money, so you have a bit of a point, but there are no battle advantages.

they are not the  there are 3 types of credit camo type 1 25000 credits make no money..... you get detection and dispersion buffs..... the other camos type 2 and 1 you get 1 or the other, not both so disadvantage  ........  4000 to 8000 doubloons for a perm camo hell could nearly buy a tier 8 prem boat for that...... but the permanent camo going to cost you nearly the same amount as a tier 8 prem boat, I say again ripoff.

at least wot spit on it first, before they shaft you for all your money, this no lube crapthat wows trying pull is tearing me ....A ....bad LOL

• Confused 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,544 battles
16 minutes ago, maddwabbit said:

they are not the  there are 3 types of credit camo type 1 25000 credits make no money..... you get detection and dispersion buffs..... the other camos type 2 and 1 you get 1 or the other, not both so disadvantage  ........  4000 to 8000 doubloons for a perm camo hell could nearly buy a tier 8 prem boat for that...... but the permanent camo going to cost you nearly the same amount as a tier 8 prem boat, I say again ripoff.

at least wot spit on it first, before they shaft you for all your money, this no lube crapthat wows trying pull is tearing me ....A ....bad LOL

Wows is much more expensive to play than Wot imo

WG has turned camos, flags, etc. into a whole other business in Wows

Edited by Commander_367

[WAG]
Members
859 posts
13,547 battles

Wargaming gives away a lot of permanent cams, as well as single use camo. All permanent camp below T9 is downgrade vs almost every single use camo, so I only run perm camo in Coop games. It takes over 100 games to even break even buying Perma camo vs paying for single use, if you even had to buy them.

Also, something to consider is there are discount opportunities to buy doubloons, as well as free doubloons, so I think many people are not really paying list price for permanent camo.

Members
5 posts
5,019 battles
3 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

Wargaming gives away a lot of permanent cams, as well as single use camo. All permanent camp below T9 is downgrade vs almost every single use camo, so I only run perm camo in Coop games. It takes over 100 games to even break even buying Perma camo vs paying for single use, if you even had to buy them.

Also, something to consider is there are discount opportunities to buy doubloons, as well as free doubloons, so I think many people are not really paying list price for permanent camo.

that's my point why make it so expensive, make it a realistic price they would sell a lot more of them, 4000 to 8000 doubloons per camo is just a rip-off 1000 maybe 1500 and people would buy them i would I've spent hundreds prob thousands of dollars on camos decals and prem tanks in the 8 years and 65000 battles I've played WOT and its was worth every cent. like i say ive got 27 tier 10 tanks no forgot about 2 of them 29 tier 10 tanks if this was wows to buy camo that would cost me 728 dollars and that's for the 4000 doubloons camo  if it's 8000 doubloons double that 1500 bucks on camo i don't think so

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,115 posts
4,173 battles
1 hour ago, DustRhino said:

And don't forget that flags/camos are the base payout in all the loot crates here...if you manage to get something other than those, you're lucky.  Tanks base payout on their loot crates is gold, which gives you a lot more spending choices....camos, tanks, garage/barracks slots, crew training, etc.

[WOLF5]
Members
905 posts
35,649 battles
2 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

Wows is much more expensive to play than Wot imo

WG has turned camos, flags, etc. into a whole other business in Wows

Are you accounting for gold ammo in WoT?

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,544 battles
5 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Are you accounting for gold ammo in WoT?

That's a separate issue that is fairly unpopular and unique to Wot - they say they are going to get rid of it, but who knows :)

I don't play above T8 atm and I don't pay for it, nor will I in the future 

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF5]
Members
905 posts
35,649 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

That's a separate issue that is fairly unpopular and unique to Wot - they say they are going to get rid of it, but who knows :)

I don't play above T8 atm and I don't pay for it, nor will I in the future 

you may not, but alot of players do use a ton of gold ammo. I'd guess that the reason why camo's are much less in WoT is because they can monetize the ammo

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,544 battles
21 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

you may not, but alot of players do use a ton of gold ammo. I'd guess that the reason why camo's are much less in WoT is because they can monetize the ammo

Maybe older veteran players, who also seem to have a ton of cheap gold leftover from the previous Xmas over a year ago ... 

Either way, I don't think players spend nearly as much in Wot as they do in Wows 

Edit: I think I heard from iduckman that Wows generates much more cash, despite having a smaller player base … 

This is not good for Wows players, obviously

Edited by Commander_367

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

Compared to the worst camos in the game that nobody uses, yes, perma camos have a SLIGHT advantage in combat.  NOBODY, except  maybe co-op players, use those camos that dont have both buffs.

The perma camos, compared to the hundreds of other camos that WG often gives out for free, have no combat effectiveness buffs over them at all.  Its all economic.

[BBMOD]
Members
348 posts
5,767 battles
35 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Edit: I think I heard from iduckman that Wows generates much more cash, despite having a smaller player base … 

This is not good for Wows players, obviously

Why is that not good? If players are spending more in WoWs, it means the game has a better chance of lasting longer. Once players stop spending in a F2P game, the servers get unplugged shortly thereafter.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,658 posts
9,271 battles
53 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

And it's not just paying gold for the ammo either. 

Because you can buy it for credits, and it's expensive, you're further incentivised to pay for premium beyond just quicker progression.

WoT is a bigger credit sink too. Unlike WoWS, even normal ammo use can put a mid-tier player into the red as far as profits go.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,115 posts
4,173 battles

No, gold ammo in WoT no longer costs real gold to use...it costs silver credits, which you earn in game just like in WoWs.  Think of it as being similar to buying and using premium consumables for your ships.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,544 battles
13 minutes ago, Grimm262 said:

Why is that not good? If players are spending more in WoWs, it means the game has a better chance of lasting longer. Once players stop spending in a F2P game, the servers get unplugged shortly thereafter.

WG is not a poor company struggling to keep the lights on lol … 

You are a cash cow - Mooooo :)

[WOLFG]
Members
30,658 posts
9,271 battles
8 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

No, gold ammo in WoT no longer costs real gold to use...it costs silver credits, which you earn in game just like in WoWs.  Think of it as being similar to buying and using premium consumables for your ships.

Ah ok. When I stopped playing, pretty sure you could buy it either way. The credit price was expensive because it's based on the gold to credits ratio. (which was always bunk)

• Cool 1

[BBMOD]
Members
348 posts
5,767 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

WG is not a poor company struggling to keep the lights on lol … 

You are a cash cow - Mooooo :)

you still haven't explained why it is bad...

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,115 posts
4,173 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Ah ok. When I stopped playing, pretty sure you could buy it either way. The credit price was expensive because it's based on the gold to credits ratio. (which was always bunk)

Yeah, it's still up there, in the 2k-4k range per shot, though some tanks might be more, I don't have anything beyond tier 8 myself.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,115 posts
4,173 battles
2 minutes ago, Grimm262 said:

you still haven't explained why it is bad...

It's great when the economy is great, but when you rely on a lot smaller customer base to pay higher prices, those big-ticket items are the first things that don't sell when the economy tanks...just look at car sales during the last recession.