You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
an_uprising24

Salty players

42 comments in this topic

[65TH]
Beta Testers
4 posts
4,801 battles

Anyone else tired of having games like this and because you are either in a cv or dont give someone all your aa or just because you do 30k damage to one target they report ya for everything in the book. giving you chat bans and so on and so forth?unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225

• Cool 1
  • Boring 6

[SALVO]
Members
2,517 posts
6,683 battles

You choose to play a class that  makes people salty.  A class that makes others feel helpless due to its nature and it’s implementation in the game.  In any given population you will get a certain number of people who will try to show you they are salty in any way they can. 

edit :  lol. CV Defense forces can ZzZzZ me all you like but that won’t change the reality of the situation.  People feel helpless as CVs take their agency from them.  

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 7

[PVE]
Members
4,661 posts
20,600 battles

Carriers are usually the last ships left....  As a "dissimilar weapon", it's up to the Carriers to make or break games.  There is little room for excuses if the carrier drivers are not proficient.  Carriers and Radar ships are why I don't play Randoms anymore.  There is very little value in doing so anymore because the game "flow" is determined by two dissimilar weapons that supersede traditional LOS naval warfare....

So, get used to criticism and angst because, if you are playing a carrier: "it's up to you if your team wins or loses...."  My Yamato goes 26 knots and shoots 26 K.....your planes can go anywhere before I can reload.  I am a tactical combatant and can only shot what I can see.  Carriers are strategic combatants have no limitations....  You are the first in and the last out.........that says something doesn't it....   A lot of responsibility.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

So what?  CV hard-luck threads deservedly get zero sympathy.

Maybe things will get so bad that you'll stop playing CVs altogether.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 5

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,308 battles
21 minutes ago, an_uprising24 said:

Anyone else tired of having games like this and because you are either in a cv or dont give someone all your aa or just because you do 30k damage to one target they report ya for everything in the book. giving you chat bans and so on and so forth?

You play a vehicle that ruins the game for many of the people in it, and complain that people don't like you? 

I look at all that damage and wonder how many people came to play WOWs, but got World of Warplanes instead. How many people entered the match hoping for a good game, and instead took damage completely unrelated to any game mission, and died early in a degraded, dull, stupid match. 

Stop playing that ship. Many of us want to enjoy matches free of that garbage.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 4

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

I'm a lousy player. I can come drive my CV in your match. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,812 posts
7,023 battles

I get more compliments than complaints driving a CV.  Salty players are salty players.  They [edited] about anything they can, some are right, others ignorant.    I don't go out of my way to shelter players from air attacks, particularly if they've well over extended.  I use fighters to spot -- the goal is to get rid of as many reds as quickly as possible.  Part of the attack runs is to drop a fighter outside of AA but in range to spot a ship.  That allows me to attack the target I came for while F3'n a nice target for everyone to hit if the teams and my targets are different (especially when a DD leaves its AA on).  Other times I'll assist on a push, or try to counter one.

At this point anyone being salty in-game about CVs needs to consider a different game.  WG has shown they're going to expand this game.  What it ends up, who knows.  It may be world of warships 2141 by the time they're done with made up space ships and who knows what else.  There just isn't that many ships left to really include without getting into cold-war implements of war.  Subs, missiles, and jets, oh my.  It's the Russian way, just keep giving more and more OP ships and they're happy.

Edited by NoSoMo
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,120 battles

CV's are the one class where your skill (or lack of it) will make or break a game. So expect salt.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,991 battles
1 hour ago, an_uprising24 said:

Anyone else tired of ….

…. CVs playing solely for themselves and doing NOTHING for their team mates?

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
11,425 posts
19,183 battles
1 hour ago, an_uprising24 said:

just because you do 30k damage to one target they report ya for everything in the book. giving you chat bans and so on and so forth?

Oh wow a chat ban... And no that is not have you get one.... Chat bans ARE probably the hardest (in terms of frequency of being issued) to get...

If you got a chat ban, it was not because of the game you highlighted. You had priors in other matches... 

[CYNIC]
Members
2,812 posts
7,023 battles
10 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I see that's not exclusive to only BB, DDs.....?

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

I'm tired of carriers in general. It is a total, 100% "us vs. them" environment now - I don't want them on their team or my own. I don't want anything to do with them in general - the game notwithstanding. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,991 battles
3 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

I see that's not exclusive to only BB, DDs.....?

You see what your bias allows you to see.

[TRU]
Members
696 posts
20,144 battles

There are always a few games like that OP where you can't please a particular player or division.  

As the most influential class, be prepared for the salt, but also compliments.  

Every game I play as a CV I ask the DDs to click on the map where they want fighters right as the match starts.  Some will sail directly under the fighters and others use the fighters as a spotter zone for enemy planes and DDs.  

This simple request and following it seems to foster better communication throughout the game.  

And are you sure you know who reported you?  Maybe it was an enemy DD you killed/damaged/spotted that thinks CVs should be deleted from the game......:cap_hmm:

[SALVO]
Members
2,517 posts
6,683 battles
9 minutes ago, mpwardawg said:

Every game I play as a CV I ask the DDs to click on the map where they want fighters right as the match starts.  Some will sail directly under the fighters and others use the fighters as a spotter zone for enemy planes and DDs.  

That seems  like a really smart practice. When I play my DDs personally I prefer the spotter zone method.  To me that early in the game I can smoke up if the enemy CV comes to scout me but I love to have the information from fighters as to what is approaching the cap. I also always feel that having fighters right above me is like a sign to the enemy where I am at.  Whereas the spotter zone can mean I am coming to the cap or you are just scouting the cap approach.   

But I can understand if other DDs like it the other way around to have that personalized cover.   

Members
3,100 posts
12,298 battles

I am tired of people complaining about CVs. I have first hand experience playing CVs, and playing against CVs, before and after rework.  Good CV player before rework could dominate the game.  Good player after the rework can influence the game just about the same in any other class.  Myself, having high tier CVs, I prefer pretty much any other ship type to play in solo randoms.  CV don’t feel any more powerful than battleship, cruiser, or destroyer of equal tier.  I have zero problems playing vs enemy CV on other ship types.  I am talking about high tier solo randoms.  I am sure things are different for low tier ships with poor AA that have to face two higher tier CVs per game, perhaps this is where most of the complaints originate.  But in high tier meta I can’t complain about CVs.  Good DD drivers will cause more problems than good CV driver any day.

• Boring 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,689 posts
7,084 battles
2 hours ago, an_uprising24 said:

Anyone else tired of having games like this and because you are either in a cv or dont give someone all your aa or just because you do 30k damage to one target they report ya for everything in the book. giving you chat bans and so on and so forth?unknown.png?width=400&height=225unknown.png?width=400&height=225

How do they give you chat bans exactly?     If you are going to play a CV you might as well stop worrying about your Karma. It comes with the territory.   In a game in Kaga last week..   204K in damage, 4 ships destroyed and a comeback win carried by myself and a very good Hipper player  for a pretty tense last minute win.   Had at least two teammates in chat indicate they gave me comps....  ended up -3 in Karma afterward....    Just makes me smile anymore. The more impact I have the more " Love " I feel....    

[H_]
Members
749 posts
12,102 battles

There are always "Salty" players.. does not matter what ship or ship class you are playing..  Just ignore it.  Play your game do the best you can.

• Cool 1

[F4E]
Members
220 posts
5,713 battles

Anyone else here salty about how awful CV's, read the OP message, and now learned to report misbehavior in chat for CV players rather than plays poorly?

PS, gave OP thumbs up for the good idea

Edited by Glamorboy
thumbs up

[WOLFG]
Members
30,713 posts
9,292 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Which is funny, because if a CV is "ruining the game" for you in a DD, he's certainly helping his teammates out.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,713 posts
9,292 battles
7 minutes ago, Glamorboy said:

Anyone else here salty about how awful CV's, read the OP message, and now learned to report misbehavior in chat for CV players rather than plays poorly?

PS, gave OP thumbs up for the good idea

It could also have the beneficial (for many) side effect of removing the automated chat bans entirely if WG perceives it being abused.

Of course, that would mean a loss of being able to quiet players who are salty because people aren't playing the way they want.....

[CNO]
Members
6,076 posts
18,538 battles
2 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

I get more compliments than complaints driving a CV.  Salty players are salty players. 

^^^this^^^

There are some players who really don't understand CV dynamics and air support.  I had one player get salty about not getting air cover, playing on a big map with slow planes and he's on the other side of the map.  I could literally fly three normal sorties, damaging reds, spotting, AND dropping support for friendlies on my front in the time it would take me to run one sortie to drop over the salty player. 

Players appreciate a CV captain who they recognize as contributing to the win.  I'm not the best CV player, but I'm pretty good at times.  And I get a lot of compliments when I do well.

Oh, and to be honest, I get salty at times too.  Never been chat banned.  I usually hold off on the hard rants...but sometimes...the salt is strong and I can't help it.  And sometimes, I deserve some salt.  I don't screw up nearly as much as before, but I still...occasionally...do something stupid...you know that feeling where you get into a kerfuffle that you should have never got yourself into...and it ends badly.  I think to myself..."Geez, that was stupid".  So if I get some in chat...I'm OK with it.

• Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,153 posts
13,741 battles

You think CV players have it bad now wait until subs are part of the game.

Members
180 posts
18,112 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Most CV's are pretty much useless when it comes to team play and you can tell right at the start from their initial scouting... yesterday i was calling out a useless CV for not spotting DD's torping our pushing BB's to death... he was too busy attacking an over extended irrelevant BB on the far side of the map probably doing 30k damage... but shortly after it was hilarious to watch as two enemy DD's got to within 6k of the clown and well you know into the lifeboats.

• Funny 1

[ANK-A]
Members
1,329 posts
10,996 battles
1 hour ago, mpwardawg said:

There are always a few games like that OP where you can't please a particular player or division.  

As the most influential class, be prepared for the salt, but also compliments.  

This simple request and following it seems to foster better communication throughout the game.  

And are you sure you know who reported you?  Maybe it was an enemy DD you killed/damaged/spotted that thinks CVs should be deleted from the game......:cap_hmm:

When you have a proactive CV driver who understands the real power of the CV isn't it's ability to do damage.  The strength of the CV is to be able to spot areas of the map that no other ship can get to quickly (or at all).  You sound like you try to make CV games a little more bearable, so thumb up for you.

Of course the opposite can be true too.  Yesterday had a match in T61 against T8 CV, and only 2 dds per side.  I pair up with other DD to help cap, but of course CV is picking on both of us.  I request AA support and other teammates try to help, but nada from cv despite repeated calls.  That is beyond frustrating.