Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CV_Jeebies

Make Perm Camo Great Again --- stack temps!

12 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles

Allow the temp camos to stack the benefits that the perm camo doesn't already modify, while utilizing the higher value of the variables (ie T8 and under with +50% XP would be taken to 100%XP if the temp camo had 100% XP value).  The only portions of a temp camo that'd stack on the perm T10 for example is the captain and free xp.  Type 59 camo for instance would just up the T9/10 XP value to 200% while still keeping the reduced cost and increase in credits

There has been so much temp camo flowing from events that I've got more on-hand, than the number of games I've played.  As such there is zero benefit to MOST perm camos.  I've got 7 perm camos from past events that I haven't bound to any ship because I just won't use it -- and I certainly won't buy any!  I rarely use perm camos on premiums, let alone would I purchase one for another ship.  Now if the "missing" benefits of a temp camo could get added to the benefits of the perm camo, I'd stack them often.   Don't let the temp camos make our permanent camos on our ships worthless.

T8 perms sitting
image.png.956b19b883aa5f8f0fb8d024d67c06de.png

T9 perm
image.png.751047a8bc2fe8d3bbc1cddb6c5a2026.png

T10 perm
image.png.ecc5c2cce04f77ffcb68b982cd402196.png

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
21,526 posts
15,632 battles

You're wasting those permacamos when you mount them on premium ships.

• Cool 1

Members
97 posts
1,366 battles
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I disagree. I put my perma camo's on premiums so atleast I got to see and enjoy them! 
Playing premiums I enjoy more than line ships that I only play for grinding to Tier 10.

In this case I put my new year perma camo on the massachussets because I know I will play it more often in the future than for example, the hipper.
This way I get to enjoy the camo more often and I can switch between the perma black and the new year whenever I feel in a festive mood:crab:

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
849 posts
7,043 battles

Wish I could sell my 5 NY perma camos.  Not going to mount them on any ship, way too garish IMO.  I rarely use any of the perma camos I have due to overabundance of better earning temp camos.  End up being a skin to hang on them while sitting in port, then change out for a better camo when go to battle.  Only exception is my Yamato's HSF camo.  

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,833 posts
11,601 battles
30 minutes ago, Wazaa16 said:

his way I get to enjoy the camo more often and I can switch between the perma black and the new year whenever I feel in a festive mood:crab:

The perma black camo looks so good on the Massachusetts I can’t take it off ever . 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles
51 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They're not mounted on any ship is the point.  Premiums already come with their perms, so it'd be a waste unless you like the camo / ship combo.    Just about every perm camo at a tier does the same thing with handful of exceptions including the kobyashi tattoo thing and a couple others.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles
2 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Wish I could sell my 5 NY perma camos.  Not going to mount them on any ship, way too garish IMO.  I rarely use any of the perma camos I have due to overabundance of better earning temp camos.  End up being a skin to hang on them while sitting in port, then change out for a better camo when go to battle.  Only exception is my Yamato's HSF camo.  

You know that you can now turn off the alternate / special camos and even if you own them, it will display the specials as the default perm camo.  That way you get the utility, not the looks. 

[EQRN]
Members
2,114 posts
18,547 battles
3 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Wish I could sell my 5 NY perma camos.  Not going to mount them on any ship, way too garish IMO.  

You can turn those graphics off.  I have one on the Hipper, and it was a festive Nazi ship.  But with 0.9.0 it looks awesome.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,662 posts
7,053 battles

My question about perma-camos is this...... WHEN CAN I MOUNT THEM ON MY CVS?    Just one more beating for the step children of the game...  

[O_O]
Members
6,752 posts
16,142 battles
10 minutes ago, missile742 said:

As stated above, you can mount the New Year camo to your tier 8 ship, then deselect Special -> Decorative camo with the little gear icon on the bottom right, above your carousel.  Notice my Akizuki in the pic below.  I have the New Year camo assigned and mounted.  I still get the camo benefits, but look how purdy:

k4ye7GX.jpg

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,833 posts
11,601 battles
34 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

As stated above, you can mount the New Year camo to your tier 8 ship, then deselect Special -> Decorative camo with the little gear icon on the bottom right, above your carousel.  Notice my Akizuki in the pic below.  I have the New Year camo assigned and mounted.  I still get the camo benefits, but look how purdy:

k4ye7GX.jpg

Good to know I love that camo she does look purdy  +1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
849 posts
7,043 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

You can turn those graphics off.  I have one on the Hipper, and it was a festive Nazi ship.  But with 0.9.0 it looks awesome.

Yeah I realize that, but I have almost 1000 temp camos with better stats so I always use one of those instead

Sign in to follow this