Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lordnaarghul

I'm off to Iscandar. I'll return for sure

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

144
[WOBB]
Members
84 posts
2,202 battles

If I don't return in just one year,  Mother Earth will disappear!

 

 

I just got her in my port! though the paying for it bankrupted me, and I don't have a permacamo yet (just two HSF girls left to get one!). I played around with her on Legends, and I don't think proper WoWS Yamato has such a glass jaw. I am aware she has weak spots (Like the flat angle of the citadel right underneath the the A barbette/turret). Still has those terrifying guns, though. I'm hearing tell of a version with even bigger guns. But still no wave motion cannon. 

 

And check out Space Battleship Yamato if you haven't seen it. It's a legitimately good series, even for such an old anime. I've not seen the remake, but the old one is plenty good enough. 

20200116221058_1.jpg

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,252
[WOLF3]
Members
28,272 posts
24,681 battles

Space Ships? :Smile_popcorn:

Modstation has a mod that turns Hakuryu into some space ship.

nEGrkRT.jpg

 

Tested it out in Co-op to see how it behaves.

I09uRfw.jpg

 

Even the aircraft are altered.

VKB6h8k.jpg

KpujmbN.jpg

 

Sound effects are still vanilla.

 

Jean Bart also has one.

FpvjaKT.jpg

 

Hitboxes, etc. are still vanilla.

bVM8GUy.jpg

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,623
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,717 posts
19,921 battles
4 hours ago, Lordnaarghul said:

I've not seen the remake, but the old one is plenty good enough.

Try the remake, it's very good. Follows the original closely but updated for modern sensibilities. Won't replace the original of course, but stands on its own next to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,252
[WOLF3]
Members
28,272 posts
24,681 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

Try the remake, it's very good. Follows the original closely but updated for modern sensibilities. Won't replace the original of course, but stands on its own next to it.

Yeah, pretty sweet!

 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
416
[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles

Congrats. I don't know for sure if they still work, but I do know that quite some time back there were a couple of mods to be found that might just interest you. Takes some searching to find them.

shot-18_03_28_23_28.59-0276.thumb.jpg.25cd3232a6c046d2e6df92d66fe9006a.jpg

shot-18_03.12_11_22.24-0534.thumb.jpg.dce91bab4ec66f9fe3546d4cd8a9e4e6.jpg

Now, if I could just find an Arcadia....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,524
[ARGSY]
Members
21,721 posts
15,757 battles
5 hours ago, Lordnaarghul said:

And check out Space Battleship Yamato if you haven't seen it. It's a legitimately good series, even for such an old anime. I've not seen the remake, but the old one is plenty good enough. 

The old one is all you need. I have it on DVD, but Season 3 ("The Bolar Wars") is confusing to watch as it follows on from, and seems to depend for full impact on the viewer knowing the story of, animated SBY movies I haven't seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,839 posts
7,538 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Even the aircraft are altered.

 

KpujmbN.jpg

 

Sound effects are still vanilla.

 

Jean Bart also has one.

FpvjaKT.jpg

 

 

Hehe.....Eclipse Bombers from Star Citizen, and the Pegasus from Gundam.  Interesting mod.

 

As far as Yamato goes, I know I'm probably in the minority in liking Yamato Rebirth and Yamato 2520, but I really wish I could have gotten those on DVD over here.  They seemed like the ones who took a more interesting approach to the storytelling and artwork than is normal, though the original is still a very good series (seriously, how many other series do we see one of the main arch-villains become one of the most dedicated allies of the main characters?  Yamato really pioneered that, in my opinion.) .   

 

Might I interest you in a helping of Super Atragon?  Nothing like a Yamato converted into a submersible battleship in WWII :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
941 posts
4,088 battles

I love SBY. I rarely watch anime, but if I do it's SBY/star blazers. I watched the old movies of it (Except for Final Yamato) and watched 2199 and 2202. This is one example where the remakes are actually not that bad, if not better compared to the older ones.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
153
[AK-49]
Members
397 posts
8,147 battles

Well, it looks like thought all the fire and the smoke, you never gave up hope....

Congrats and say hi to Nova/Yuki for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOBB]
Members
84 posts
2,202 battles
On 1/17/2020 at 4:00 AM, Turbotush said:

LOL!  Now I will be humming that tune all day!    :Smile_honoring:

For me, it's the ending theme that sticks out more than the opening theme. Mostly because it becomes very poignant when you pay attention to what it's saying, especially as the series goes on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,477
[WPORT]
Members
6,689 posts
11,675 battles

@Lordnaarghul Congratulations. :-)

Hope you have plenty of the Doctor's "spring water" to enjoy sailing Uchu Senkan Yamato with.  :-)

"Aim carefully, men.  Those are Gamilon ships out there." - Captain Avatar, StarBlazers, episode 1.

Ganbatte ne, @Lordnaarghul:-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOBB]
Members
84 posts
2,202 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

@Lordnaarghul Congratulations. :-)

Hope you have plenty of the Doctor's "spring water" to enjoy sailing Uchu Senkan Yamato with.  :-)

"Aim carefully, men.  Those are Gamilon ships out there." - Captain Avatar, StarBlazers, episode 1.

Ganbatte ne, @Lordnaarghul:-)

I've seen the Japanese version, subtitled, of course. 

 

But yes, I have been enjoying the ship. The guns are very large and very painful. I seem to get at least one citadel hit every game, whether it be a plunging fire citadel on a fat German battleship, to a full broadside deletion of a cruiser, to obliterating a hapless carrier, the guns have not failed to deliver yet. If I hit, the guns do damage. Full stop. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
977 posts
11,001 battles
3 hours ago, Lordnaarghul said:

For me, it's the ending theme that sticks out more than the opening theme. Mostly because it becomes very poignant when you pay attention to what it's saying, especially as the series goes on. 

“Scarlet Scarf” is indeed a truly poignant number, very moving.  I have an old LP of Symphonic Suite Yamato, rare at the time but maybe found now in remakes.  The most beautiful Yamato song I still feel is “The Universe Spreading to Infinity” (Stashia’s Theme).  Almost makes me cry every time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,477
[WPORT]
Members
6,689 posts
11,675 battles
8 hours ago, Lordnaarghul said:

I've seen the Japanese version, subtitled, of course. 

 

But yes, I have been enjoying the ship. The guns are very large and very painful. I seem to get at least one citadel hit every game, whether it be a plunging fire citadel on a fat German battleship, to a full broadside deletion of a cruiser, to obliterating a hapless carrier, the guns have not failed to deliver yet. If I hit, the guns do damage. Full stop. 

I've rented the Yamato for a few matches.  She could absorb an astonishing amount of torpedoes and stay afloat.  :-)
I'm looking forward to permanently welcoming her to my port, someday.

Meanwhile, one could visit Japan for the museums devoted to her, also "someday".  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×