Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Swadian

IFHE Henri relevant in 2020?

20 comments in this topic

[DIEBL]
Members
67 posts
5,460 battles

Is IFHE Henri still useful in 2020 or did they nerf it into the ground? Would you recommend using the UU, Concealment, or Double Rudder? I find Concealment questionable due to constant firing.

[DIEBL]
Members
67 posts
5,460 battles

I actually agree with the acceleration nerf. But wish they'd give it its old DPM back.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,360 posts
19,493 battles
1 hour ago, Swadian said:

Is IFHE Henri still useful in 2020 or did they nerf it into the ground? Would you recommend using the UU, Concealment, or Double Rudder? I find Concealment questionable due to constant firing.

DPM wasn't changed, pen wasn't changed, only thing they screwed up was the acceleration. IFHE is still useful.

• Confused 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,283 posts
12,162 battles

well, the T9 and 10 RN CAs have the amount of HE pen that Henri would have if it runs IFHE baked into them stock, so ima say no

Edited by tcbaker777

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

so now, you have to play HIV like a ship, not a tank.     lol.   just move on to hindy .    or smolensk  :D

Edited by centarina

[PONL]
Members
46 posts
4,850 battles

Henri is still a beast.

Yes the nerf hurt, I take a bit longer to reach full speed, oh no. You still melt Kurfursts and Kremlins, lolpen RN cruisers, and provide top tier flanking and harassment.

People saying to sell and claiming the ship's unplayable are overreacting.

• Cool 3

Members
248 posts
12,784 battles
11 minutes ago, Junko_Zane said:

Henri is still a beast.

Yes the nerf hurt, I take a bit longer to reach full speed, oh no. You still melt Kurfursts and Kremlins, lolpen RN cruisers, and provide top tier flanking and harassment.

Henri IV's maneuverability was key factor in her effectiveness. Sure she can still fire but now I see most have adapted to making her just another range modded CA that sits behind islands now and not a kiter like she was meant to be. TOTAL "Richard" move by WG, I guess it was to make the new British line CA's look better but that's just sprinkles on turds. 

Edited by Botcha

Members
145 posts
2,018 battles
3 hours ago, Swadian said:

the first of many ships going to be nerfed to fit the new sub line in. henri and kleber were just the begining.

[PONL]
Members
46 posts
4,850 battles
1 hour ago, Botcha said:

Henri IV's maneuverability was key factor in her effectiveness. Sure she can still fire but now I see most have adapted to making her just another range modded CA that sits behind islands now and not a kiter like she was meant to be. TOTAL "Richard" move by WG, I guess it was to make the new British line CA's look better but that's just sprinkles on turds. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was the right attribute to change if they wanted to nerf Henri (which it's debatable whether they needed to in the first place) but the amount of people throwing tantrums and claiming she's unplayable is just ridiculous.

I've had plenty of great games in her post-nerf. And I expect to have many more. If you feel it too much, just adjust your build. Work in propulsion mod and you barely feel it.

Edited by Junko_Zane
  • Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
67 posts
5,460 battles

As a BB main, I haven't noticed any difference. For me, it's all about doing damage and kiting away. Acceleration doesn't help if you never slow down and stay near max range anyway.

• Cool 1

Members
1,613 posts
1,286 battles
2 hours ago, Junko_Zane said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was the right attribute to change if they wanted to nerf Henri (which it's debatable whether they needed to in the first place) but the amount of people throwing tantrums and claiming she's unplayable is just ridiculous.

I've had plenty of great games in her post-nerf. And I expect to have many more. If you feel it too much, just adjust your build. Work in propulsion mod and you barely feel it.

yup, 100%

Henri is still a really good ship.

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

HIV is on the "not relevant" list.

Not to be confused with being irrelevant.

The stronger T10 cruisers are Hindenburg, Yoshino, Stalingrad, Smolensk and Venezia.

[DIEBL]
Members
67 posts
5,460 battles
21 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

HIV is on the "not relevant" list.

Not to be confused with being irrelevant.

The stronger T10 cruisers are Hindenburg, Yoshino, Stalingrad, Smolensk and Venezia.

Yoshino? Isn't Yoshino the "mehbote" that no one wanted? And doesn't Venezia have poor DPM?

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles
15 minutes ago, Swadian said:

Yoshino? Isn't Yoshino the "mehbote" that no one wanted? And doesn't Venezia have poor DPM?

Now that HIV cannot throttle dodge, it's squishier than Yoshino with more HP and Venezia, which has troll armor.

For kiting, Yoshino is extremely strong.

Venezia has surprisingly good DPM in higher tiers, where everything is extremely obese and easy to nail.

[ANK-A]
Members
1,319 posts
10,982 battles
On 1/16/2020 at 9:23 PM, Junko_Zane said:

Henri is still a beast.

A bit??  Who is not being realistic now?  It's by far the worst accelerating high tier cruiser there is.  I bet Georgia could beat it in a 0-35 race. 

Yes it can still set things on fire, but when those things shoot back, they are much more likely to hit it.  If you take evasive action, it takes so long to regain the speed it is the same thing as a speed nerf. 

Is Henri playable... yeah sure... is it still good... I don't really think so. 

I'm not selling it, with the hope that eventually they will undo some of it, but it the mean time I've stripped the boat and reassigned the captain.

I don't expect to see many at all in the next CB season.  If I do, then I'll maybe admit I'm wrong, but I really doubt it.

Edited by YouSatInGum

Sign in to follow this