You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JaysUsedBoatParts

Im scared to buy perm camo now!?

17 comments in this topic

Banned
715 posts
1,092 battles

Besides all the hype about nerfs, I wanna get some for the hindy, but I dont know. Is it worth it now? Any other options especially when training a commander? Should I just wait till he is lvl 19? or just go and take her out in her birthday suit and NEVER buy camo lol!? Ill do it I'm crazy like that!?

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts
  • Confused 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,102 posts
14,728 battles

I would say it is because your service cost is reduced by 50% and your credit earnings are increased by 20% for tier 10's. Combined with premium time you will just about have to AFK a match to loose credits.

• Cool 1

[KIA-C]
Members
3,551 posts
15,600 battles

I would still buy perma camo for T10... But I would definitely wait a few patch before pulling the trigger...And check if that ship is soviet or not.

I wanted to buy a perma camo for Kléber but I knew WG was about to nerf her which is why I waited. Now that the nerf is live I'll wait a few more patch because something is telling me WG will nerf hammer the ship even more.

I bought a perma camo for Henri (which was my first T10) and got to play her a lot but the acceleration nerf is too retarded. You can still use her speed and HE spam at range but that's it. Yep, I think she's going to stay a port queen for a little while

However, if you ship is Kremlin then you can be sure that ship will not receive major changes. The 2 nerf Kreml received are totally irrelevant.

For Hindy perma camo, I kinda want to say it's ok to purchase it but Hindy is a German ship in WG's game. They may have buffed her reload but I expect WG to nerf her again someday for whatever reason.

• Cool 1

[STAR]
Members
551 posts
20,983 battles

Gonna keep it short, take in consideration 2 things:

If the ship was released a long time ago like Montana, Yamato, Gearing... it is really unlikely that they will receive any changes.

And if said ship is soviet, the only reason one of these will receive the nerf hammer is to promote another soviet ship (example: Khabarovsk and Grozovoi).

In summary: i dont recomend buying perma camos for tech tree ships released in the last 12 months.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,000 posts
5,814 battles

I would say that there is no need to be 'scarred' of buying a high tier permacamo. However there needs to be an understanding that all tech tree ships are fair game for nerfs and buffs.

That's the way it always has been. Only premium ships get a level of protection, and WG still on occasion nerf them anyway either directly or via mechanics changes.

It's your money, and yours to risk. And ultimately money spent on pixels we don't actually own, is money going down the drain in the name of fun.

[O_O]
Members
6,755 posts
16,163 battles
53 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

oh man u got some cool ones and alot. Im out right now. 

I have 3,890 single use camo.

I'm good for a while.

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Its really very simple...if you run it a fair amount, get it.  If not, dont bother.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
721 posts
13,940 battles

I'm guessing I've been around so long and so war-ridden I no longer understand questions such a this. My answer to this. Why would anyone buy a permanent camo when they pass out expendable camos that have a better payout like candy.

Capture1.PNG

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles

If you really like the ship then get the camo because if you do actually really like the ship your not going to arbitrarily stop playing it when it receives changes or stops being "meta"

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
8 minutes ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

I'm guessing I've been around so long and so war-ridden I no longer understand questions such a this. My answer to this. Why would anyone buy a permanent camo when they pass out expendable camos that have a better payout like candy.

Capture1.PNG

expendables for me are for grinding certain lines, I usually use permanent, my camo collection  is ridiculous, I have luke 300 WG anniversary ,and alot more like 150 sci-fI ones, I usually wait until 200 before I use them

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
721 posts
13,940 battles
1 hour ago, lordholland4293 said:

expendables for me are for grinding certain lines, I usually use permanent, my camo collection  is ridiculous, I have luke 300 WG anniversary ,and alot more like 150 sci-fI ones, I usually wait until 200 before I use them

At one point early on in my days of new playing I did buy a couple-three of the T10 permanent camos. I thought running expendable camos at that tier was a waste. I thought, why did I need more XP on a T10 ship. I found myself hording over things like the first NYE camo that payed out  200 FXP per match. Suddenly I look one day and find I had over 400 of them drydocked. I thought I may have come to my senses only to find myself stacking Spring Sky or Asian Lantern camos with flags to rush though some directive/mission in very few quick battles in co-op.  Sort of a wasteful regret but, whatevs. Certainly though WG grinds seem to have gotten longer slash higher in number threshold while their payout smaller. Instead of getting 5-50 it's now 1-3 to whatever ump-teen bazillion required to complete. WG may have seen their error. We could see a significant depletion of the stockpiles, who knows.  However, for me, the only grindy I have is Captain XP and premium mods. Even with those two things it's way more want than need. I think I'm past it all now and as I play, other than any competition mode. I pick whatever camo and flags I find cosmetically pleasing.  When I hear or see someone saying they need silver, flags or a permanent camo I go completely comatose start to drool... "Oh Pineapple!" 

Capture2.PNG

Edited by HyPHerFaZe
why not

[WOLF6]
Members
134 posts
6,091 battles

WG do not hand out camos like candy.  

Unless you mean camos from dubloon loot boxes are hand outs.  

• Funny 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,769 posts
6,976 battles

Honestly perma camos are over-rated.  I seem to amass a substantial amount of single use camos, so much so I even run them for co op grinds.  Not sure why WG makes them so frequent in crates and even SCs.  Probably got 250 in "super" containers.   They're doing a bad job at trying to sell camos.  I still have 6 of the "mount on any ship in the tier" perma camos unassigned from events.  Too damn many single use camos.    I still have another 4 rows of camos and its growing.

image.thumb.png.20ed846ead161620c0baad94651348d9.png