You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ComputerWhiz

What happened to all of the mods?

28 comments in this topic

[F-N-S]
Members
125 posts
3,421 battles

Why are so many mods listed in the mod station greyed out?

Many, like the Remove Camo mod are fun, but there are a lot that you can't install anymore. Ones like Score Timer and Advanced HP Indicator are disabled.

Are they just not updated for the new WoWS version yet? I've not had issues with mods before after an update.

[WORX]
Members
11,457 posts
19,196 battles

I happens every year... The 0.9 patch is not the same as the 8.11 patch. Therefor EVERYTHING has to be updated.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,035 posts
14,440 battles
8 minutes ago, ComputerWhiz said:

Many, like the Remove Camo mod are fun, but there are a lot that you can't install anymore. Ones like Score Timer and Advanced HP Indicator are disabled.

Are they just not updated for the new WoWS version yet? I've not had issues with mods before after an update.

Aloha,

As stated above, the mods are just awaiting updates is all. And since we at weegee don't own the mods, we have to wait for the modders to update them. Patience shipmate, patience.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Members
2,352 posts
32,364 battles

Yea it sucks.  Mod station has great stuff I like.  I'm missing my Confederate flags for U.S ships, etc., my ship win rate shown on carousel, etc.

Whoever does this will get to it eventually.  Many thanks to whoever does this stuff.

• Cool 2

Members
103 posts
7,276 battles
1 hour ago, ComputerWhiz said:

The way I deal with this problem is that I keep a folder with all the mods I use and just move it to the new res_mods folder when the game updates. Things like expanded tech tree don't work with this until someone updates them properly, but for most things, it works fine. Remove camo is easy to do by yourself since you can just extract the camo xml file and edit it yourself.

1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

As stated above, the mods are just awaiting updates is all. And since we at weegee don't own the mods, we have to wait for the modders to update them. Patience shipmate, patience.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Are there any plans to fix the black parts in camos such as the one of the Prinz Eugen? Its the kind of thing that can be fixed locally but its kind of a pisser, especially since it only works clientside.

1 hour ago, slokill_1 said:

Yea it sucks.  Mod station has great stuff I like.  I'm missing my Confederate flags for U.S ships, etc., my ship win rate shown on carousel, etc.

Whoever does this will get to it eventually.  Many thanks to whoever does this stuff.

Stuff like flag mods can be ported from one version to the other as long as you have a corresponding atlas file. The only problems this will cause is that newly-added flags will be invisible.

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,130 battles

All the mods you guys are crying about not being able to use is available in the Aslains modpack, just saying.... 

[F-N-S]
Members
125 posts
3,421 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Good to know, thanks! Usually the mods are updated pretty quickly, but I guess they just aren't as quick as usual.

[KSE]
Members
154 posts
21,060 battles
1 hour ago, RacerDemon said:

All the mods you guys are crying about not being able to use is available in the Aslains modpack, just saying.... 

A lot of those aren't working either and need to be updated including win timer and MMM.

• Cool 2

Members
3,425 posts
40,904 battles

This is one reason I don't use 3rd party mods.

Whatever WG makes I will use, but third party could be late for an update and by the time the mod is ready, you missed a day or two.

The latest update, I had no problems. I made sure my windows was updated, then let Game Center handle the update.

I have seen the mods offered before, but none would interest me.

Sometimes, just keeping it simple is for the best.

• Cool 2

Members
2,352 posts
32,364 battles
2 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

This is one reason I don't use 3rd party mods.

Modstation is the WG mod pack.  It's not up to date yet.  

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles
5 hours ago, Coolhand2323 said:

A lot of those aren't working either and need to be updated including win timer and MMM.

With this update, WG managed to break MMM. It could be fixed, but the developer has moved on to a new--and vastly improved--clean-sheet version of the software. (It's also at least partially broken, but there's a patch in place for it, and WG is supposedly going to fix what they broke for the next major update. Depending on how they fix it, that may make the old version of MMM work again, or it may not. We'll see.

[FEM]
Members
2,083 posts
17,244 battles
14 hours ago, RacerDemon said:

No they aren't

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,130 battles
5 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

No they aren't

Yes they are, for example, MMM released an update days ago, if you followed their discord, you would know. 

18 hours ago, Coolhand2323 said:

Read above, both have updates, and have been working fine. 

[FEM]
Members
2,083 posts
17,244 battles
2 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

Yes they are, for example, MMM released an update days ago, if you followed their discord, you would know. 

Interesting that right after the patch the person behind MMM said they were working on getting it... well working. And I don't follow their discord since I use a better stat fetching solution that is less clunky and on a localhost meaning I never have to update the .bat. Snarky attitudes like these are how old memes get brought back.

• Cool 2

[FEM]
Members
2,083 posts
17,244 battles
35 minutes ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Would you be willing to share what that is? Thx!

It's actually a sort of in house thing someone I know made, or someone he knows made the instructions for, I don't have the instructions anymore though sadly so I hope I never need to remake it lol!

0 posts
On 1/16/2020 at 4:18 PM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Mahalo,

-Hapa

What about MatchMaking Monitor, why it can't get stats from site anymore?

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles
21 minutes ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

What about MatchMaking Monitor, why it can't get stats from site anymore?

Go back and re-read the thread. I explained that already.

[WOOKY]
Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
9,130 battles
37 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

Play vanilla and no worries about your cheats mods breaking.

Nice fail troll there bub 

• Cool 1

0 posts
11 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Go back and re-read the thread. I explained that already.

I did - went back and re-read. Your explanation doesn't answer my question (question why)

But I went back to MMM site and found this (also somewhat unclear, but oh well)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dcc50cfd01d7dbed6ee32489c5aa782e.png

I guess nobody had promised that statistics will always work. Oh well, MMM was really interesting part of the experience

Who interested another version of MMM (working under 9.0) can be found at discord link: https://discord.gg/Tds7WBs

Edited by SlartiBartFastE2

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles
35 minutes ago, SlartiBartFastE2 said:

I did - went back and re-read. Your explanation doesn't answer my question (question why)

But I went back to MMM site and found this (also somewhat unclear, but oh well)

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.dcc50cfd01d7dbed6ee32489c5aa782e.png

I guess nobody had promised that statistics will always work. Oh well, MMM was really interesting part of the experience

More detail: they changed a variable in the replays, which means that the replays no longer tell you what kind of battle you're in. The existing software looks at the replays to find out whether to look for random / ranked / coop / whatever for stats. WG did this inadvertently, they say, and are going to put the information back in the next major update. Unless they do it exactly the same way with no changes, then MMM will no longer function. 

The *replacement* for MMM works just fine, because it's still under active development and the dev has put in a temporary fix. As things stand right now, you just have to select what type of battle you're in with a drop-down and things after that work as normal. Since there's no ranked or clan battles going right now, there's virtually no impact, unless you're one of those people that wants to see what the stats are of the bots in co-op.

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,316 posts
21,179 battles
On 1/17/2020 at 1:13 AM, RacerDemon said:

But aslans is like pulling teeth to reinstall every match. Cant he just make an installer like wg?

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,316 posts
21,179 battles
8 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

I need my "assistent" back. I can't memorise which types of torpedoes each ship has.

chinee boats is the only ones with deep water torps. The mod showing the range is working.

• Cool 1