You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gillhunter

Albemarle in Co-op

6 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
711 posts
29,918 battles

I got lucky and drew a Albemarle for 20 tokens. Got her. I put a 10 point captain on her and gave her a try. She is fun to play, but the guns don't seem to hit hard for 203s, and are her sides soft. Was bow on to a CA this morning and a Farragut came around an island and tore me up with guns. Killed it but took a lot of damage. If you get broadside to a cruiser or BB, bye,bye.  She does have that super Brit heal and needs it.

I've not been in a match with another one yet so there must not be many in co-op yet. Anyone playing one yet?

[EQRN]
Members
2,132 posts
18,655 battles

Faced one as a bot in my GK.  Since the bots typically charge in head first, you expect a good number of ricochets, especially high tier cruisers.  But I whittled it down with just the front main guns in no time.  Not impressed with it at all.

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles

I have her, hate her. Floating citidal. Faced one in random in my Wichita, 2 salvos she was dead from full health. 5 cits in two salvos, not bad! I think she took around 5k HP off me. We were both angled about 45 degrees to each other. Worst ship I have played, and in t8 to t10 mm it's outclassed by everything else. Might feel comfortable in a t6 match as long as the other t8 is on the other side of the map. Was one shot dev striked by a Scharnhorst through the stern in her in one battle, and found even t8 BB secondaries pen well on her.

Reload is slow, rudder lazy, main gun range is on the short side, concealment meh, and the citidal  is huge and easy to hit. Torps are ok, but Albemarle is not a ship I would recommend to anyone. Would like to see them take away super heal and give a normal one with a much smaller citadel and real armour protection, not just enough to make sure everything pens, but some that will bounce shells. Really don't see what she brings to the game other than being a good target for other ships. Your mileage may vary....