Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wstugamd

Balance

16 comments in this topic

[ALWC]
Members
1,188 posts
14,900 battles

So if I understand WG the Henry and Kleber were too strong but this ship is balanced? I'm an ok player, but playing Smoli with half a brain is pretty unstoppable. When I see the Red team has a smoli I stay back until I know here it is. If you get caught in range it's hard not to get burned down.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 10.43.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 11.20.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 4.06.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 1.36.30 PM.png

• Boring 3

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Henri has always been a very strong ship with the ability to burn ships down from BB like range depending on which upgrades you choose.

It has a better win rate (51.15% vs 49.91%) and better average damage (84.6k vs 81.3k) while having a significantly longer base reload time. 

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ships/compare/?id[0]=4179539792&id[1]=3655251408

For ships with over 100k battles these are 2nd and 4th respectively in average damage. So some tweaks may come down the road for Smolensk.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,394 posts
19,183 battles
1 hour ago, wstugamd said:

I'm an ok player, but playing Smoli with half a brain is pretty unstoppable.

^^^^^^Alternate universe....

^^^^^ Reality at min 10:20 regarding the Smolensk...

Its hard to crap on the Smol when in reality, every ship class AP can sink it...

Just clearing up the misinformation.

• Cool 1

Members
1,624 posts

Yes, but been challenged by the Smolensk is an insult for many. I hope that Lesta will come to reason and not nerfing this CL...

[PVE]
Members
1,466 posts
40,678 battles
1 hour ago, wstugamd said:

So if I understand WG the Henry and Kleber were too strong but this ship is balanced? I'm an ok player, but playing Smoli with half a brain is pretty unstoppable. When I see the Red team has a smoli I stay back until I know here it is. If you get caught in range it's hard not to get burned down.

4 games out of how many?

What is your average.

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
2 hours ago, wstugamd said:

Hiding behind an island or in smoke, any HE spammer is strong against weak opponents. This does not mean ship the is OP just means your opponent was underpowered.

I have never once in any BB I own have had a Smolensk even cause any significant damage to me that I can recall because I do not try to push into them when they are behind an island or in smoke nor do I try to make a  U-Turn to allow them to rain on my broadside.

Stupid play earns stupid prizes in the form of high damage from a Smolensk.

Try engaging a BB in open water like a Henry where the Henry takes no damage at all. You won't last 5 minutes.

Smolensk is a situational ship it relies on cover and dumb mistakes by the enemy to be effective. Henry just blasted away relentlessly without a worry in the world.

[ALWC]
Members
1,188 posts
14,900 battles
50 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

4 games out of how many?

What is your average.

avg is 100k/game but since I spent some time playing it more my avg is way up. I had a lot of poor games early

21 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Hiding behind an island or in smoke, any HE spammer is strong against weak opponents. This does not mean ship the is OP just means your opponent was underpowered.

I have never once in any BB I own have had a Smolensk even cause any significant damage to me that I can recall because I do not try to push into them when they are behind an island or in smoke nor do I try to make a  U-Turn to allow them to rain on my broadside.

Stupid play earns stupid prizes in the form of high damage from a Smolensk.

Try engaging a BB in open water like a Henry where the Henry takes no damage at all. You won't last 5 minutes.

Smolensk is a situational ship it relies on cover and dumb mistakes by the enemy to be effective. Henry just blasted away relentlessly without a worry in the world.

The 280k game I only used 1 smoke. I kited bbs and cruisers most of the game and it burned......

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
3 hours ago, wstugamd said:

avg is 100k/game but since I spent some time playing it more my avg is way up. I had a lot of poor games early

The 280k game I only used 1 smoke. I kited bbs and cruisers most of the game and it burned......

One game does not OP make. You got lucky and your opponents were underpowered.

I had a 407k damage game and it is not because the ship is OP or because I am all that good it was because the other team played stupidly and pushed into me one at a time while I was hidden behind an island. 

Had they just coordinated their effort and pushed in from two different sides at the same time I would have been toast.

You seem to construe mistakes made by your opponents as the ship being OP and that is just not the case.

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
3 hours ago, wstugamd said:

Your average is not "way up' it is still 100k. I just checked WoWS stats and numbers. That is lower than 50 percent of the server and the vast majority have many more games than you played in it.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,008 posts
14,389 battles

Aloha,

Though it looks like you had some amazing games there (GG), ever seen what someone that is a good DD main do to Smol's on the other team? The first 2 weeks they were out I had 2 battles where I got 2 Double strikes because of Smol div's that weren't the best.  As a DD main I get giddy when I see a Smol on the other team.

TBH, almost any ship can be an "OP" ship if driven by the right people.

Now all that being said, Smol's performance is being watched just like every other ship to see trends for balancing. Case in point Henry IV as someone mentioned above.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[ALWC]
Members
1,188 posts
14,900 battles
1 minute ago, Vaffu said:

One game does not OP make. You got lucky and your opponents were underpowered.

I had a 407k damage game and it is not because the ship is OP or because I am all that good it was because the other team played stupidly and pushed into me one at a time while I was hidden behind an island. 

Had they just coordinated their effort and pushed in from two different sides at the same time I would have been toast.

You seem to construe mistakes made by your opponents as the ship being OP and that is just not the case.

My whole point is the Henry nor the Kleber deserved a nerf, and you articulated that well in the above. I'm not that good, but that Smoli easily out performs Henry and Kleber. 100k in a smoli is a bad game for me now. Hitting 100k consistently pre-nerf henry was not that easy. Now Kleber is a Khab with no heal.

Yes the red ships made some terrible decisions in the games I posted, but Smoli is easy to rack the damage. I would not have fared as well in the Henry and the Kleb being a dd wouldn't have put up those numbers.

I'm tired of WG nerfing ships like the YY, Chung Mu, and Hindi only to have them realize whoops it wasn't really over performing. I hope YY and CM get restored fully. I loved the Kleb. Hate it's gone now.

2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Your average is not "way up' it is still 100k. I just checked WoWS stats and numbers. That is lower than 50 percent of the server and the vast majority have many more games than you played in it.

I stated that earlier. My last 30 games I have really gotten the ship rolling. I only had 1 100k game in my first 30. The last 30 games 100k is a bad game.

[ALWC]
Members
1,188 posts
14,900 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Though it looks like you had some amazing games there (GG), ever seen what someone that is a good DD main do to Smol's on the other team? The first 2 weeks they were out I had 2 battles where I got 2 Double strikes because of Smol div's that weren't the best.  As a DD main I get giddy when I see a Smol on the other team.

TBH, almost any ship can be an "OP" ship if driven by the right people.

Now all that being said, Smol's performance is being watched just like every other ship to see trends for balancing. Case in point Henry IV as someone mentioned above.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

you learn to smoke up outside dd range and you better run hydro. I got a double in the Smoli firing torps into a dd smoke with 2 dds present.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,008 posts
14,389 battles
Just now, wstugamd said:

you learn to smoke up outside dd range and you better run hydro. I got a double in the Smoli firing torps into a dd smoke with 2 dds present.

100% not arguing that, but a good DD capt will wait till they see your smoke, count out seconds for your hydro or torp so that time is near, or drop so that you have to run and reveal yourself.  Not saying it always works, I'm just saying that if someone knows how to counter something, they will.

-Hapa

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
Just now, wstugamd said:

My whole point is the Henry nor the Kleber deserved a nerf, and you articulated that well in the above. I'm not that good, but that Smoli easily out performs Henry and Kleber. 100k in a smoli is a bad game for me now. Hitting 100k consistently pre-nerf henry was not that easy. Now Kleber is a Khab with no heal.

Yes the red ships made some terrible decisions in the games I posted, but Smoli is easy to rack the damage. I would not have fared as well in the Henry and the Kleb being a dd wouldn't have put up those numbers.

I'm tired of WG nerfing ships like the YY, Chung Mu, and Hindi only to have them realize whoops it wasn't really over performing. I hope YY and CM get restored fully. I loved the Kleb. Hate it's gone now.

I stated that earlier. My last 30 games I have really gotten the ship rolling. I only had 1 100k game in my first 30. The last 30 games 100k is a bad game.

Henry most definitely needed a nerf there are no two ways about it.

Kleber, I will agree it needed no nerf. 

Smolensk is easy to rack damage against mistakes no disputes there but a smart BB will not allow this to happen to them.

Keeping bow on and backing away from a dug-in Smolensk is what should be done but instead, most try to make a u-turn and pay for it heavily.

Bow on causes the vast majority of Smolensk's shells to miss especially if you wiggle as you reverse.

[KILL]
Members
997 posts
11,536 battles
42 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Smolensk is easy to rack damage against mistakes no disputes there but a smart BB will not allow this to happen to them.

Sp whjat your saying is they should all hide behind really tall rocks and or be 20k+ away?

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
59 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Sp whjat your saying is they should all hide behind really tall rocks and or be 20k+ away?

I see you neglected to read anything past this line of my post you quoted.

Sign in to follow this