You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kuckoo

ARP "Premiums" Are Actually Premiums Now!

48 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

It took a few years to happen but, at last, the ARP ships have finally become proper premium ships.  Glad I didn't sell any of them!

Thank you!

No more comments in chat about "Y U No camo on Atago, nuub?"

It's been an unforgivably ugly year for this game.  However, this change to the ARP ships proves - believe it or not - that WG is actually capable of good decision-making.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles

Unfortunately, it seems that, if you disable seeing "special" ships' camo, it also turns off the camoflage on these units. So you either put up with the neon, or they don't get to use their own premium camo.

[TBW]
Members
10,591 posts
18,167 battles
6 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

Unfortunately, it seems that, if you disable seeing "special" ships' camo, it also turns off the camoflage on these units. So you either put up with the neon, or they don't get to use their own premium camo.

Nope they fixed that too, you can turn off the camos and still get the benefits and they look like the type 5 camo.

image.thumb.png.6c6561af59ca60d6fd53e35b71daadfe.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,264 posts
17,123 battles
3 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

This is incorrect!

This was updated with this patch, if you disable camo types, those camos while looking like the Type 5, will still maintain the benefits of the permaflague.

image.png

:)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[P2W]
Members
426 posts
12,763 battles

Why would you disable the Las Vegas Theme? I don't have any interest in Anime, but it's always a hoot taking these ships out just to look at the outrageous patterns on them.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,070 posts
18 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

Negative, they now display as "normal" premium camo to you but they retain their stats.  This now applies to any of the camos, halloween, etc.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Knocking the snowflakes off all of the APR variants last month reminded me how strong Myoko and the rest of the IJN cruisers can still be.  I may consider re-grinding that line when the double RB bonus resets.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
23 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

No.

I've disabled the neon camo for the Myokos, and the premium camo for standard Myokos takes its place.

Same for the Atago - the ARP Atago gets the premium Atago camo.

Kongo has no premium camo, so the Type 5 replaces its neon counterpart - though it still maintains the benefits of premium camo.

Edited by Kuckoo

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,769 battles

Do we have an actual definition of what a premium ship is?

So far all I've seen are logically inconsistent definitions that seem tailor made to be purely for the convenience of WG.

I'm skeptical as to whether the definitions actually mean anything until we have a solid track record of the business adhering to them...

• Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
8,070 posts
8 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So far all I've seen are logically inconsistent definitions that seem tailor made to be purely for the convenience of WG.

I'm skeptical as to whether the definitions actually mean anything until we have a solid track record of the business adhering to them...

LWM has defined it somewhere but I forget what thread.

@LittleWhiteMouse

The ARP ships have been moved through, from the "special" filter in port, to the "premium" filter.

[A-D-F]
8,070 posts
2 minutes ago, arch4random said:

i can demount the original takao camo and install a different camo ...but im not seeing a new camo ..how do you disable seeing the camos?

In the port, to the right over your carousel of ships where it tells you the number of free port slots you have and the number of ships you have, click the gear icon.

• Cool 1

Members
594 posts
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

In the port, to the right over your carousel of ships where it tells you the number of free port slots you have and the number of ships you have, click the gear icon.

OOOOOOHHHHHH theres my answer thanks it worked ..cool

Edited by arch4random

[A-D-F]
8,070 posts
5 minutes ago, arch4random said:

OOOOOOHHHHHH theres my answer thanks it worked ..cool

No problem :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,264 posts
17,123 battles
44 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Tech tree ships: 

Researchable via EXP/FXP on the techtree.

image.png

Premium:

If they're not in the other two categories, then they are probably premium. Premium have increased economic bonuses. 

[RLGN]
Members
14,964 posts
26,497 battles
1 hour ago, KaptainNemo_1 said:

Why would you disable the Las Vegas Theme? I don't have any interest in Anime, but it's always a hoot taking these ships out just to look at the outrageous patterns on them.

lol

When they first came out they were called the East German Nightclub ships.

[A-D-F]
8,070 posts
9 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

So, for those of us who joined the game only recently, will these ARP ships become available again?

The story I always heard was that the answer is no, because ARP severed the relationship and pulled the licensing.  WG can't offer them again, even if they want to.  It's not up to WG, it's up to ARP.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,769 battles
33 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Tech tree ships: 

Researchable via EXP/FXP on the techtree.

image.png

Premium:

If they're not in the other two categories, then they are probably premium. Premium have increased economic bonuses. 

Ah, but then there are purchasable premiums and premium reward ships...

Some premiums (by the definition above) dont have increased economic bonuses...either to tech tree or among other premiums.

Plus statements about balancing of reward ships being allowed but not ships that can be purchased with real money.

Then you have reward ships like the Puerto Rico, that were actually predominantly 'earned' by purchasing with money...

...and how do doubloon only ships differ from coal / steel / token ships with respect to earnings and allowable balancing?

It's all very muddled and unclear to me.

• Boring 2

[-K-]
7,345 posts
9,660 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Knocking the snowflakes off all of the APR variants last month reminded me how strong Myoko and the rest of the IJN cruisers can still be.  I may consider re-grinding that line when the double RB bonus resets.

Myoko used to be one of my favorite cruisers back in the good ol' days of OBT and right after it.

They've been somewhat outclassed by the power creep, but in the right hands can still carry quite hard. 

[CVA16]
Members
5,687 posts
17,556 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

This was updated with this patch, if you disable camo types, those camos while looking like the Type 5, will still maintain the benefits of the permaflague.

So I don't have to drive my Fantasque around with the horrendous but permanent post-apocalyptic cammo showing??!!!!

:cap_horn:

Its just too pretty a ship for such disfigurement.

Edited by Sabot_100