You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LadyAnesjka

The poor play have get to point of ruin enjoyment of the game.

87 comments in this topic

Members
1,674 posts
13,350 battles

I know another one of these type of post like Notser video.
But it it is just hard to digest any more.

There is no one cause but several cause. 

• Tired of game where 2 of my team DD go to a cap and do not cap and are bullied out by 1 single DD. No radar threat in sight, they just do not want to risk losing 1 HP in a DD v DD battle. They just rather not play objective and refuse to be a man and fight for something. Rather just roll over on they belly and submit and hope enemy team do not kill them.
    image.png.016a7788710a372e921a2fe10d810352.png
  • CV on team rather farm damage than spot for DD. Cannot count time I have see CV start game with torpedo planes instead of rocket to scout for DD. Maybe have something to do with all these recent objective, but why always end up on my team ?
  • BB's and ship like Puerto Rico and Smolensk staying max gun range away from fight, 18 km and firing from back of map, doing very little damage because god forbid they get a nick on that fresh camo paint.
  • Just a over all avoidance of team play and playing onjective, noone pushing cap, noone angle as they push IF they push.  Very poor play and selfish play and scared play leading to these one sided games. This have been going on for awhile and as someone say in Notser video thread. Can only be to cause from good player leaving game because of CV rework and lead to imbalance of good players on teams. I have open Match Maker Monitor and to see the win rate and average damage imbalance of the teams is criminal.  One team will have people with Unicum damage and win rates and the other ( somehow always my team ) is full of 25 % win rathe player and 4 digit average damage in a BB ( Yes this is very common ! )

Yes some of you reply to this and say I am whine and upset, but it have become such a noticable thing that the level of play have gone VERY down in this past year and is cause of frustration to alot of us in this game.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 11

[WORX]
Members
11,456 posts
19,196 battles

Well my lady,

Its time to take for a break,

I will not go into the reasons the situations you raised exist... That is not the point...

I recommend a break... You deserve it..

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,402 posts
8,897 battles

It's like you read my freaking mind. I'm actually on a short hiatus from the game at the moment because of all of the nonsense that you just mentioned.

• Cool 1

[PIMPS]
Members
1,778 posts

Somewhere over the rainbow is a team that can cap. I heard it in a lullaby.

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,270 posts
21,696 battles
10 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

• Tired of game where 2 of my team DD go to a cap and do not cap and are bullied out by 1 single DD. No radar threat in sight, they just do not want to risk losing 1 HP in a DD v DD battle. They just rather not play objective and refuse to be a man and fight for something. Rather just roll over on they belly and submit and hope enemy team do not kill them. 
  • CV on team rather farm damage than spot for DD. Cannot count time I have see CV start game with torpedo planes instead of rocket to scout for DD. Maybe have something to do with all these recent objective, but why always end up on my team ?
  • BB's and ship like Puerto Rico and Smolensk staying max gun range away from fight, 18 km and firing from back of map, doing very little damage because god forbid they get a nick on that fresh camo paint.
  • Just a over all avoidance of team play and playing onjective, noone pushing cap, noone angle as they push IF they push.  Very poor play and selfish play and scared play leading to these one sided games. This have been going on for awhile and as someone say in Notser video thread. Can only be to cause from good player leaving game because of CV rework and lead to imbalance of good players on teams. I have open Match Maker Monitor and to see the win rate and average damage imbalance of the teams is criminal.  One team will have people with Unicum damage and win rates and the other ( somehow always my team ) is full of 25 % win rathe player and 4 digit average damage in a BB ( Yes this is very common ! )

Yes some of you reply to this and say I am whine and upset, but it have become such a noticable thing that the level of play have gone VERY down in this past year and is cause of frustration to alot of us in this game.

Have YOU tried to cap in a destroyer lately?

Have you tried to push in and use your PR radar?

Have you tried to get within 10 km of a cap in a Smolensk?

Have you tried pushing a cap in a battleship?

My experience is unless your in co-op:

Dd gets spotted without your support ready to shoot anything. 

A PR doesn't get within 12 km of ships until late game. You do not have ROF to support close range gunfights.

A radared Smolensk is a dead Smolensk.  They have range for a Reason.

Last 3 times I pushed a cap in my battleship,  I was focused down and sunk while 4 to 7 teammates watched 6 km behind me....

What your asking for is TEAM play in a world of random POTATOES...

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

Members
1,674 posts
13,350 battles
8 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Have YOU tried to cap in a destroyer lately?

Have you tried to push in and use your PR radar?

Have you tried to get within 10 km of a cap in a Smolensk?

Have you tried pushing a cap in a battleship?

My experience is unless your in co-op:

Dd gets spotted without your support ready to shoot anything. 

A PR doesn't get within 12 km of ships until late game. You do not have ROF to support close range gunfights.

A radared Smolensk is a dead Smolensk.  They have range for a Reason.

Last 3 times I pushed a cap in my battleship,  I was focused down and sunk while 4 to 7 teammates watched 6 km behind me....

What your asking for is TEAM play in a world of random POTATOES...

1.  DD is my main, so yes
  2. I have been playing Missouri lately as I get it yesterday, I am pushing up to assist our DD to radar enemy DD --- what is result ? I get torped while my team DD run and hide without firing single shot.
  3. Yes in my Shimakaze, make them smoke, send torpedo into smoke, easy kill.
  4. See #2
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
3,105 posts
12,308 battles

I play literally all ship types at T9 and T10, solo randoms.  The way I see it, there are two types of games, the ones you win, and the ones you lose.  I play to win as long as the win is a possibility, and if we are losing I play for the most XP.  Either way it’s fun most of the time, with very rare exceptions for when your ship gets blown up when you don’t expect, which is really rare for me.  I got blown up in Colbert recently, I admit it sucked, and got detonated in rather healthy BB by CV torp of all things, but it is such a rare occurrence that it does not really bothers me.  I just go back to port, and get on another ship.  I don’t let my team actions affect my enjoyment of the game, I can only control what my ship does.

• Cool 5

Members
145 posts
2,018 battles

sorry i had to change my dd play style based on the abundance of camping and no support.  no support, no cap.  just play for damage cuz its autoloss.

rule number 1, assume you have no support and your team mates are idiots and play accordingly, thats the new policy with so many camping for trash damage expecting dd to go in there and get shot up and die.

• Cool 3

Members
3,424 posts
40,904 battles

It's unfortunate that this has happened, but you should take a small break from the game.

My recommendation is you find a player that you know would be good on a team and division with them.

You can division with up to two players.

Practice your tactics with that team in co-op, then go in to random games.

Discuss with your teammates your objectives before a battle starts and communicate with them constantly to help stay focused on the match.

You can also try operations because gameplay there is more consistent.

Random meta has been very inconsistent.

It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Know players that do well? Ask them if they want to division.

It can be frustrating in randoms. Who can you trust?

Oddly, I will only trust the usual players in co-op that play co-op all the time.

While many of them might have random experience, most do not.

But that is actually a good thing.

Co-op players are actually going to be aggressively smart playing because most don't know what camping is, or are oblivious to the farming random player

To be honest, random could be potentially better if players actually learned something. But sadly, that is not the case.

The meta you see more closely resembles world of tanks.

You will seldom see an organized fleet deploy a battle line because random is full of random players.

The very definition of random is you just don't know what kinds of players show up.

Match Maker can either be generous or not.

I would offer help, but I don't like random myself.

Maybe one day random battles will get better, but for now, maybe get a few buddies you know to team up with.

Good luck

<O

Members
4 posts
2,580 battles

Like Notser was saying, I think it was down to the PR directives that had most players going for kills, individual XP and what not. With the new patch and new directives hopefully players will go back to more team oriented playstyle because that meta sucks.

Plus I think the PR grind probably burned out a lot of people, I only completed level 2 and I know it was affecting how I was playing. It stopped being about the individual game and all about sinking as many ships as possible and getting as much XP and credits as possible until the game felt like work and not a game any longer.

The British Cruiser directives look a lot better for team play so hopefully the meta will reset to something much more team oriented.

Members
248 posts
12,784 battles

WG says it doesn't and never will put in place a skill based MM/RNG mechanic.....

1. Subs
2. Sell Tier X Premium 
3. Guns no bigger than the Yammy
4. ??

I feel you, and after as many battles as I have you just see the patterns. My W/L is pretty much a strait line ripping 8-10 loss nights even though I switch tiers and ship types. Log out, come back in and BOOM 6-8 wins in a row (most by steam rolls) 

WG knows they manipulate things to keep most the player base at or around 50% W/L ratio.

Purples are just either crazy lucky or they are accounts placed in the game to skew the numbers to try to hide the 50% W/L normality. 

I've watched many videos of "Unicums" and I aim and shoot just like they do...their shots land quite different than mine that is for sure. They get 2-3 cits against a broadside CA...I get 3 overpens and 90deg ricochets (I kid you not) OR they all "Saddle" the target.  

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,270 posts
21,696 battles
52 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:
  1.  DD is my main, so yes
  2. I have been playing Missouri lately as I get it yesterday, I am pushing up to assist our DD to radar enemy DD --- what is result ? I get torped while my team DD run and hide without firing single shot.
  3. Yes in my Shimakaze, make them smoke, send torpedo into smoke, easy kill.
  4. See #2

PR is  not  Missouri. 

3 proves why Smolensk stays back.

Members
1,674 posts
13,350 battles
9 minutes ago, Botcha said:

I've watched many videos of "Unicums" and I aim and shoot just like they do...their shots land quite different than mine that is for sure. They get 2-3 cits against a broadside CA...I get 3 overpens and 90deg ricochets (I kid you not) OR they all "Saddle" the target.  

Oh my .... this frustrate me to no end. You speaking to my soul.

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Members
2,770 posts
7,924 battles
2 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Because people can grind their way up tiers without being required to get better to even a minimum standard. This was always going to happen, it was happening during the first year the game was out of open beta, and it's just happening more and more in the past year or two since some more competent players quit the game and were replaced with new chum for the sharks.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,807 posts
16,992 battles

The best solution to what the original post mentions is division with clan mates and or friends. The more you can take to battle with you ESPECIALLY with voice coms is a tremendous help. It seems streaks are a little more common as of late. Either win them all or lose them all. If it is a stubborn losing streak, play a game of coop. Get a win to kind of break a losing streak. Play a operation, may not be a win but it gives you a little pew pew pew time. Or just log off and give it a rest. Let the cloud of unfavorable MM run it's course without you.

[TOG]
Members
203 posts
11,154 battles

I totally agree with your original post LadyAnesjka.

I figure the poor play was because of the PR grind. Now that it's over maybe people won't be so focused on personal objectives. 

One can only hope.

I wish WG would find a way to create incentives and rewards for team play.

Be great to div with you sometime, but I imagine you are not on NA server.

Edited by BCGrog

[SALVO]
Members
25,504 posts
27,483 battles
13 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Some thoughts.

1. Killing the enemy team actually ***IS*** one of the objectives listed when you enter a battle, so it's not like people playing to do damage and sink stuff aren't playing to an objective.  It's just not the smartest way to play to win.

2. It's pretty dumb IMO to criticize Smolensk players for not wanting to take damage when they have so few HP and their ship is the most fragile tier 10 cruiser in the game.

3. As for BBs staying at long range, I was in a battle last night in my Iowa and this guy in a Jean Bart, and an Alaska and a Buffalo (I think) charged the SE cap on Tears of the Desert.  The JB and the Buffalo got utterly smashed.  The Alaska was a little more careful and tried to fall back, but also got smashed.  I was the only one who survived because I wasn't a yoloing moron.  Of course, the JB player was crap talking me for not following him in, claiming that it would have made the difference.  It wouldn't.  Two thirds of their team was there and one more BB wasn't going to be worth spit in the wind against that much firepower, but he was too brain dead to see the obvious.   So forgive me for not getting all excited about pushing into the enemy like one those fools when I'm in a BB.  I will push when I see that my team has an advantage and it's time to make a concerted push, and not before.

4. As for DDs, I think that criticizing DD players for not being aggressive enough for your taste is pretty dumb when your criticism is based on there not being a radar threat IN SIGHT.  Early in a battle when the enemy radar ships have not been spotted is the wrong time to get blindly aggressive.  Losing your ship is NOT worth taking a cap.  The enemy can always retake the cap, but you can't get your ship back.  Good DD play requires a good degree of cautious play, sort of being cautiously or passively aggressive, not blindly aggressive.  

Has the level of play gone down?  Perhaps, but I don't think that your criticisms are all that valid or worthy.   Also, I don't think that criticizing players for having bad win rates in individual ships is worth much.  Criticizing their average damage in said ships is more telling.  I have some ships that I don't perform well in and others I have done well in.  And not everyone is a unicum player who is good enough to enforce their will on a battle and carry teams to victory all by themselves.  And also don't forget that not all unicums are good solo players.  Some are, and some seemingly only play in divisions, which makes me question their true talent level.  My personal solo WR is 51.24% while my 3 man div WR is 58.89%.  So I suppose that if I had played in 3 man divs far more often over the past couple of years, I could have really pumped up my overall WR.  But I'm just not that big on playing in divs.  Does that mean that I'm a barely above average player or that my stats are limited by my preferred manner of play? (Probably some of both.)

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,334 battles
38 minutes ago, Crucis said:

My personal solo WR is 51.24% while my 3 man div WR is 58.89%.  So I suppose that if I had played in 3 man divs far more often over the past couple of years, I could have really pumped up my overall WR.  But I'm just not that big on playing in divs.  Does that mean that I'm a barely above average player or that my stats are limited by my preferred manner of play? (Probably some of both.)

I'd div with you any day man. :)

Members
1,674 posts
13,350 battles

I do play division with voice com but my division partner re-learning game and sometimes when loss pile Up i just go off alone or logg off to go prepare garden for spring.

Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
3,304 battles
1 hour ago, LadyAnesjka said:

LOL as if that is a unbias place, everyone know it is twin of r/socialism

Coming from socialist country, watching american soy children wishing for this, they have NO IDEA what they are asking for.

Is like asking for someone to shoot you in the head.

That's not my point. My point is that it's a place for people who want to discuss politics, while these forums aren't.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,127 battles
3 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

• Tired of game where 2 of my team DD go to a cap and do not cap and are bullied out by 1 single DD. No radar threat in sight, they just do not want to risk losing 1 HP in a DD v DD battle. They just rather not play objective and refuse to be a man and fight for something. Rather just roll over on they belly and submit and hope enemy team do not kill them. Remind me of american liberal soy man child.

This is an MM post... You can't complain about players doing all they can to stay alive... I'm not a cruiser player, but I know Smolensk is made of paper, so seeing a Smolensk run to some spot, smoke and start firing a limit range makes sense... What's difficult is to choose the right spot. DDs... Mmmhhhh... Many rush to cap and die. One detected by radars or planes within a few enemies range, they die.

Etc

Most of the time, if teams are well balanced, meaning there is no unicum player who has played more than 10000 battles, all captains 19 and so on, all is about movement. Ex, I see cases where 3 ships try to cap facing 6 ships beginning of battle, instead of leaving and regroup somewhere else or position themselves to deny the cap, they try hard and die.

Game often lacks of a commander... No need to appoint anyone but experienced players can type in the chat instructions.

I am a CV player and in battles where team communicates with CV, things are better, "cv spot that Shima" and so on.

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,225 battles

too many good players have left the game because awful game decisions by wargaming, so now we are left with bare minimum competent players to make an impact on games and every game is full of players that simply do not know how to win.

brutal honesty

• Cool 5

Members
1,634 posts
1,286 battles
5 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

too many good players have left the game because awful game decisions by wargaming, so now we are left with bare minimum competent players to make an impact on games and every game is full of players that simply do not know how to win.

brutal honesty

This right here. Blaming the PR directives is nonsense. It's been this way and has been getting progressively worse.

• Cool 2