You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ChiRiPa

Republique Help

18 comments in this topic

[LA-UN]
Members
3 posts
2,229 battles

Hello Captains,

I just got my Republique and I'm trying to find possible (The best possible :P) builds for it as I'm not getting results with my current build (Which was Alsace's)

I'm Currently using as upgrades:

- MAM1

- DCSM1

- ASM1

- DCSM2

- CSM1

- MBM3

Captain Skills (14 Points for now with Charles-Henri Honore)

- PT

- AR

- SI

- FP

- AFT

Any advice will be appreciated

Thank you!

[LA-UN]
Members
3 posts
2,229 battles

:( Just got it 30 min ago...

Guess I'll sell it and grind for GK

Edited by ChiRiPa

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
3 minutes ago, ChiRiPa said:

I have my Republique retired, but will not sell it as it’s valuable for snowflake event and for Anniversary event. If you have enough port slots to hold onto the ship, then you could be doing more harm than good by selling it as each X ship on hand is worth a Super Container in the Anniversary events.

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
12 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Since launch of Smolensk and the slew of 457 bb's, Republic is retired to a floating museum. forgetaboutit! 

I don't so much pin this on Smolensk, but Republique herself is just a very underwhelming tier 10 battleship. She trades way too much for that speed, her guns (seem to) have a very high tendency to overpen, and she sits high in the water, with a lot of really exposed elements. 

[NSEW]
Members
2,099 posts
11,325 battles

I still would take her out, despite the HE meta (Smolensk for obvious reasons) that is ramped up.  

What I have used are the anti fire bulid.  

The standard captain build of 10 points:  PT, AR, SI, CE.

FP, BoS, are the two others I've used.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,198 posts
24,552 battles
50 minutes ago, ChiRiPa said:

Hello Captains,

I just got my Republique and I'm trying to find possible (The best possible :P) builds for it as I'm not getting results with my current build (Which was Alsace's)

I'm Currently using as upgrades:

- MAM1

- DCSM1

- ASM1

- DCSM2

- CSM1

- MBM3

Captain Skills (14 Points for now with Charles-Henri Honore)

- PT

- AR

- SI

- FP

- AFT

Any advice will be appreciated

Thank you!

If you're going Main Battery - Survival Hybrid Build, go all the way, no half measures.

Your upgrades are fine.

Your traits, I'd drop AFT in favor of CE for 14 pts.  AFT by itself isn't going to do anything good for your Secondaries or AA ability.

PT

AR

SI

FP & CE

Get you the best concealment you can to better control your engagements.  You already got FP, SI to help together in survival

An alternative is to not get CE and get Basics of Survivability (BoS) instead and you'll have 1pt leftover, which I would save towards CE at a later time.

PT

AR

SI & BoS

FP

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,245 posts
21,670 battles

Priority of modules:

Mam1.

Both damage controls she burns easily. 

Secondaries. 

Main gun ROF.

Pt.

EM.

Si, BFT for both secondaries and continuous AA damage.

FP AFT.  

Your choice of 2 points for either dam cooldown or consumables cooldown. 

With flags your secondaries get out to 11.3.

You can panic cruisers and destroyers.  Ignore low health bbs .

Use legendary only in competition matches.

Before I got legendary, I dev struck a ZAO at 25km in an opening salvo in a CB....

She is my favorite battleship.

[AXANR]
Members
3,647 posts
23,080 battles
1 hour ago, ChiRiPa said:

Never just take one person's word for it on these forums. I do very well in Republique (compared to my other ships..I don't pretend to be a pro, but I'm decent). She doesn't work for everyone but she fits my playstyle. She'd still be my go-to t10 BB if I didn't have Bourgogne now. She isn't very popular anymore because Kremlin fits competitive meta better and is frankly easier to play because much tankier, but Republique IMO has just as high a skill ceiling even though her skill floor is higher. She may work for you, she may not, but people who say she's not a good boat aren't playing her right. 

You can go two routes in Republique. If you're not a very confident and experienced player, the tank build is good. Drop AFT for CE, pick up BoS and JoaT, focus on staying alive and using your quick reloading main battery.

Or you can go full secondary build. It works for my playstyle because I know when to push and when not to and how to position myself to limit red firing angles while still getting into range. It's not as efficient when you can't push, but it's more fun. For this, use your current build but add Manual Secondaries and drop FP, then add BFT and either JoaT to get a quicker damcon/repair cooldown. or EM (because 2x4 turret layout means you need to be able to wiggle that rear turret onto the target faster when you can stay angled and do it.)

You can experiment with hybrid builds; you need to pair AFT and Manual Secondaries to really make a secondary build viable, but you *don't* need IFHE because your secondaries are 127mm instead of 100mm like Alsace. So you can experiment with the survivability skills. 

Keep in mind, though, Republique is NOT a classic brawler. She is a very strong secondary-build ship, but she cannot survive the gangbangs German BBs can endure. Secondary-build Republique is a lancer;  good positioning and feel for the flow of the game and effective use of her stellar speed are key. Finding ways to isolate red ships so as to stay properly angled and limit return fire, or knowing when to dart in and when to back off, are also important for playing secondary-build Repub well. 

I use the secondary module in slot 3 for more range, giving me 12.1km secondaries, but in slot 6 I use the main battery reload mod because even with full secondary build,  your main battery is even more important and a reload down below 20 seconds creates opportunities. Once you get her guns' ballistics down pat, 8x457mm shells every 20 seconds is huge...I delete a lot of ships that try to make a quick turn and forget how quick Repub reloads. And as much as I love the lancer-style play, she's just as effective taking advantage of her speed to get to a flank and create good angles for broadside shots. 

She carries very well with her ability to flex all over the map, snap quick shots off every 20 seconds to capitalize on mistakes or finish off wounded ships, etc. She does get hammered by HE spammers, so she's a feast or famine ship; you're going to have games where you don't have support to push and HE spammers are eating you alive and you just can't make things happen, but overall, she's a great boat. I've had more games like the one pictured in Repub than any other ship I own. Enjoy her. 

repubhardcarry1.png

Edited by poeticmotion

[WOLF3]
Members
28,198 posts
24,552 battles
1 hour ago, TheKrimzonD3mon said:

Secondaries and main guns all the way.

You have to make hard choices, IMO, you can't have mega secondaries while still being accurate and fast shooting in your main batteries.

ASM1 or SBM1, can't have both as they compete for the same spot in Slot 3.  And once you've gone either way, may as well focus hard on that specialization.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,217 battles

here is my highly recommended repub build and also my stats to prove it works

cb6ecea6492984fe5a542d328aa11059.png

0883e84e2d70dcc11377f6e836f2e9cb.png

do not be shy about using h.e as it is very strong but do not be that guy that just spams h.e, the ap is very high velocity and pen.

i dont use conceal because lol cv can spot you in 10 seconds from anywhere on the map and you should always be firing your guns.

i really dont know what the above comments are saying i would consider the republique as best bb in the game.

Edited by ITZ_ACE_BABY

Members
1,374 posts
12 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

do not be shy about using h.e as it is very strong but do not be that guy that just spams h.e, the ap is very high velocity and pen.

i dont use conceal because lol cv can spot you in 10 seconds from anywhere on the map and you should always be firing your guns.

i really dont know what the above comments are saying i would consider the republique as best bb in the game.

That is great!     Really well done.  

[HSD]
Members
739 posts
12,484 battles

To add on to the above comments, where are your difficulties with the ship currently?

Are you finding yourself dying quickly?

Is the gun arrangement uncomfortable and you are hesitant to use the back gun so you feel anemic with firepower?

If you are dying quickly or finding yourself too far forward too often. Hang back, yes people may whine about the BB hiding back but really you are learning the ship. I would much rather have a Repub that is hanging back contributing shots even if the contribution is spotty than one that died less than 10mins in. Your mere presence while alive in an area regardless of other factors will still alter how enemies operate. Plus the longer you are alive the more game time per match you get to work with the ship.

You really do need to use both guns on the Repub so try to avoid situations that force you into a narrow aspect where you can't swing the rear out. You need that room the bring both turrets to bear.

[LA-UN]
Members
3 posts
2,229 battles

Thank you all very much for your comments.

I'll try using it for some extra time to try and get the hang of it, if I can.

1 hour ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

@ITZ_ACE_BABY

What Upgrades are you using with this skills?

Thank you!

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,217 battles
6 hours ago, ChiRiPa said:

Thank you all very much for your comments.

I'll try using it for some extra time to try and get the hang of it, if I can.

@ITZ_ACE_BABY

What Upgrades are you using with this skills?

Thank you!

71895b6a7a19742bb356c7c2ce86c539.png

slot 1- should always be main armament since there is nothing more annoying then losing turrets especially with french turrets we all know how much those get knocked out

slot 2- speed boost module upgrade definitely worth the coal purchase

slot 3- i always use accuracy mod, more shells hitting = more dpm

slot 4- prop mod every boat, you will negate far more damage by simply accelerating back and forward to dodge shells then rudder or damage con mods ever will

slot 5- conceal mod because theres nothing else useful there

slot 6- i think reload is the most efficient here over legendary mod just because currently in randoms everyone just runs away and being limited to 19km range is rough, having the flexibility to cross map or especially at the beginning of the game i like to initially shoot h.e at 24km to get some early damage and fires, can sneak a quick 30-40k damage for free. if you find yourself preferring to play closer in leg mod could be fine as long as you can handle the very slow turret rotation.

repub is an excellent long range sniper, the h.e is nearly conqueror levels of damage and fire chance do not under estimate it but at the same time the repub has the best velocity and pen at range with ap.

at first i like to be more cautious with repub do not commit yourself to a flank or a push be patient as we all know the balensk is waiting to rip 90k of your hp in 2 minutes, just float around middle spread some fires across the enemy bbs, drop some ap salvos on any cruisers you see, repub rewards good aim.

repub is a good brawler which is why i take the dcp reload captain skill, the hard to hit citadel is a huge bonus but if the enemy is smart they will know the repub is easy to citadel under the front guns when an angle similar to yammy cheek is presented so keep your angle tight and abuse the good firing angles to get in close before boosting through and drive bying every bb. the armour is very squishy which is why we do not commit to the "tanking" role everyone seems to designate for every battleship, we wait till later on in the game, maintain your hp and abuse the speed boost to dominate late game.

• Cool 1

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,680 battles
12 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You have to make hard choices, IMO, you can't have mega secondaries while still being accurate and fast shooting in your main batteries.

ASM1 or SBM1, can't have both as they compete for the same spot in Slot 3.  And once you've gone either way, may as well focus hard on that specialization.

LIIIIEEESSSSSSSS!!!! :cap_viking:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,391 posts
13 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

Never just take one person's word for it on these forums.

Best advice regarding ships and builds ever posted on these forums, right there.

Edited by KilljoyCutter