You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

Best feature in a patch - ever!

37 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,582 posts

The ability to mount special camos - and turn off the typically god-awful graphics that go with them!

My Richelieu thanks you from the bottom of its heart!! (That terrible, gaudy French permanent camo I won YEARS ago -  I can finally use! YAY!) 

THANKS WG. THIS IS THE BEST QOL IMPROVEMENT EVER!

:cap_like::cap_win::fish_cute_2::cat_cool:

• Cool 9

[ICLAD]
Beta Testers
110 posts
13,925 battles

I have to agree with you here.  Plus the type 5 camo it turns into is generally one of the better looking camos.

• Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
668 posts
21,389 battles
6 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

The ability to mount special camos - and turn off the typically god-awful graphics that go with them!

My Richelieu thanks you from the bottom of its heart!! (That terrible, gaudy French permanent camo I won YEARS ago -  I can finally use! YAY!) 

I saw this in the update video. How does one go about doing this???

[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,113 battles

Does this turn off the camo on the Dunkerque that says to everyone I’m driving a French note in the most narcissistic way possible?

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,093 posts
4,015 battles

I'm looking forward to this more than seems reasonable. I have quite a few permanent camo that I've gotten from events that I don't equip because it's so gaudy.

[RLGN]
Members
14,868 posts
26,411 battles
12 minutes ago, LiaoXanLan said:

Does this turn off the camo on the Dunkerque that says to everyone I’m driving a French note in the most narcissistic way possible?

If you mean the black glossy one, it’s not so bad. Better than some floating around with tonnes of gold gilt hanging off them like some 70s disco gigalo’s gold necklaces.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[SQUAD]
Members
9,172 posts
11,680 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If you mean the black glossy one, it’s not so bad. Better than some floating around with tonnes of gold gilt hanging off them like some 70s disco gigalo’s gold necklaces.

You're being waaaaaaay to generous, there. :Smile_veryhappy:

[--K--]
Members
5,388 posts
17,886 battles

Personally I like that the patch turned the game off. Enjoying a nice peaceful break from the stupid grind. 

• Cool 2

[KRAK]
Members
1,437 posts
15,772 battles

I have Halloween perma camo on a ship, so how to disable the gross way it appears at port ?

[AMWKS]
Members
340 posts
4,400 battles

It helps the modders as well, that do custom skins for ships.  We're a fan of this change too.  For VASTLY different reasons.

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,582 posts
1 hour ago, cgbosn4 said:

I saw this in the update video. How does one go about doing this???

17 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

I have Halloween perma camo on a ship, so how to disable the gross way it appears at port ?

Click on the small gears icon in the lower right of the screen (end of ship carousel) in port.

Then select the ship category and click on or off the 'eye' icon for the camo type.

[WOLFD]
Members
122 posts
1,323 battles

I agree this is an excellent addition.  Now, along the lines of if you give them an inch they'll want a mile, can we have the ability to turn them on/off for individual ships?  I'd dislike most of them, but have to admit a fondness for the Unsinkable Sam camo on my Bismark.  It would be nice to be able to turn on only that one.

[EQRN]
Members
2,119 posts
18,581 battles

I was pleasantly surprised the old Xmas camos could stay turned on, but the twinkly ones from this year could be turned off separately.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,103 posts
14,728 battles
6 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I was pleasantly surprised the old Xmas camos could stay turned on, but the twinkly ones from this year could be turned off separately.

I didn't get any of those that look like there should be a flashing neon sign on the bridge that says "Nude Girls No Cover.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,122 posts
5,652 battles

Thank you for reminding me of the feature.  Turned them all off, excepting the Historical ships Painting and Immitation (because I am not sure what those are referring to, testing didn't find any) and HSF (because I like the HSF Yamato and Musashi camo better than the Type 5).

[IRNBN]
Members
3,685 posts
10,705 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I didn't get any of those that look like there should be a flashing neon sign on the bridge that says "Nude Girls No Cover.

This isn't Subic Bay... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[WOLFC]
Members
3,067 posts

I did some testing on this in the PTS and after today's release. 

I don't have all the info on what camos are affected by which controls ... but I posted what I've found to date.  You may want to provide some feedback as well.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,103 posts
14,728 battles
7 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

This isn't Subic Bay... :Smile_teethhappy:

Landed there once when I was doing the flight engineer thing on C-141's but we crew rested over at Clark.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,679 posts
7,066 battles

tenor.gif?itemid=5531028

• Cool 1

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,369 posts

No Disrespect meant for the fans of them but I would LOVE to use my 13 point captain without the huge boobs and squeaky voice too. A Normal looking female would be fine as well.   But this is a FANTASTIC start.

[O_O]
Members
6,761 posts
16,163 battles

I have been BEGGING for this feature for years!

I have several permanent camo that offer great benefits, but are just too hideous to enjoy using.  Now I can use them and not have to keep my barf bucket handy! :cap_horn::cap_win:

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,679 posts
7,066 battles

Seems that all of them are included... I can finally start mounting some of these perma-camos!!!!     Thanks WarGaming!!!! 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,458 battles

Wow, this is awesome. Plus turning the ARP ships into full premiums, best patch since CBT.

ViuJ7Ns.png

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
16 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

This.  I can now mount those gaudy camos on the American and French ships and not have to look at them!  Always used the standard Type 5 on those boats, the parade float camos were so distracting and painful to look at.