Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BattleWoLFz

How many of you want the old spotting mechanics back?

14 comments in this topic

[-TIA-]
Members
39 posts
5,427 battles

It was like when I have a ship spotted, it at least remains visible for maybe like 2 seconds, I would have another like 1 second to have the target locked so my salvo can still go cross a mountain. 

Now it is like, I have a ship spotted, sometimes it could go suddenly disappear. If I am not fast enough to open fire, I would find all of my shells hit the mountain. Sometimes the ship literally shows up right after my fire, I can do nothing but watch my shells blast the mountain, which is super annoying... It literally leaves me no time to respond.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles

Ships are supposed to remain visible for no less than 3 seconds, but it doesn't seem to work that way.  I've had many fire-as-server-makes-vanish that does suck...

Members
139 posts
90 battles

less glitchy spotting would be great however it works. glitches contribute more to concealment than mechanics. i've has dd's become spotted at 2.3 km while running TAM. stuff doesn't always render properly. 

[-TIA-]
Members
39 posts
5,427 battles
20 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Ships are supposed to remain visible for no less than 3 seconds, but it doesn't seem to work that way.  I've had many fire-as-server-makes-vanish that does suck...

I think WG has changed it twice. I mean, it might not be really a big deal for a ship to remain visible for less than 3 seconds. But in the meantime, you lose the locked-on feature right after the ship goes disappear which may cause your shells go anywhere you don't want. 

If a target is behind a mountain, you would hit the mountain. If a target is at the boundary, your shells would land somewhere out of the map... Also, the locked-on will reduce the vertical aiming sensitive, once a target goes disappeared, your shells would either go too high or too low, which affects all conditions when it happens. 

[BUOY]
Members
1,095 posts
15,168 battles
30 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

The 3 second rule is working, it's just that combined with the instant drop off rather than 20 seconds guaranteed it's a tighter timer than before and you don't know when it starts since the fade out is nearly instant. I'll still take it over the peek a boo frustration it was previously though.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

No. The new 'bugged' system actually rewards map awareness and timing. That's never a bad thing to reward.

[T-CF]
Members
550 posts
3,109 battles
58 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

WG, DDs need more nerfs!

Sincerely,

Non-DD mains

Except me. Non-DD main. WG leave them alone.

[-TIA-]
Members
39 posts
5,427 battles

It is actually "appeared-disappeared-appeared" annoys me so much. Even if it happens so fast, I would still lose the lock-on for few seconds. As long as I fire during that period, the shells just go whatever place. Let alone the dispersion problem.

I feel like I can do nothing about it, there is no enough time for me to realize things like, OK the target is about to disappear and the lock-on will be lost, I need to save my salvo or they would hit the mountain. I see a target and open fire as long as my guns are ready, that's it.

I was so proud of my fast and accurate aiming, I think it is killing me right now... I feel it is so stupid for me to shot a mountain

[-TIA-]
Members
39 posts
5,427 battles
5 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

No. The new 'bugged' system actually rewards map awareness and timing. That's never a bad thing to reward.

Honestly, I hold exactly the opposite option of that. Because one has perfect battlefield awareness and quick response, he catches the moment when an enemy ship is about to disappear... then blasts a mountain lol

I have been the top 10 Yamato player for years, what I am really doing right now is keeping shooting the mountains, I am now afraid of being fast...

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles
58 minutes ago, BattleWoLFz said:

I think WG has changed it twice. I mean, it might not be really a big deal for a ship to remain visible for less than 3 seconds. But in the meantime, you lose the locked-on feature right after the ship goes disappear which may cause your shells go anywhere you don't want. 

If a target is behind a mountain, you would hit the mountain. If a target is at the boundary, your shells would land somewhere out of the map... Also, the locked-on will reduce the vertical aiming sensitive, once a target goes disappeared, your shells would either go too high or too low, which affects all conditions when it happens. 

I think the biggest issue is the poor client-to-server interface.  There's much more lag than just connection lag on rendering of ships.  Nothing like rounding a corner only to see 2/3 of a BB magically render out of nowhere.  That's certainly broken.  They need to get smart with spotting and implement something along the lines of "spotting" a ship where for every 4km, 10% visibility of the ship spots it.  Whatever is being used currently is a joke.  And the system needs to be smart.  Why at 8km did I need to see 2/3 of a BB in a BB to spot the damn thing (nearly broadside to me)?  At 8km the ship should have rendered before the first turret was visible.  Keep in mind this is in free-look view

Edited by NoSoMo

[-TIA-]
Members
39 posts
5,427 battles
7 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

I think the biggest issue is the poor client-to-server interface.  There's much more lag than just connection lag on rendering of ships.  Nothing like rounding a corner only to see 2/3 of a BB magically render out of nowhere.  That's certainly broken.  They need to get smart with spotting and implement something along the lines of "spotting" a ship where for every 4km, 10% visibility of the ship spots it.  Whatever is being used currently is a joke.  And the system needs to be smart.  Why at 8km did I need to see 2/3 of a BB in a BB to spot the damn thing (nearly broadside to me)?  At 8km the ship should have rendered before the first turret was visible.  Keep in mind this is in free-look view

True lol! I think WG is improving it, back then 0.6.xxx, if a ship is spotted, what you could see was only smoke, you gotta wait for few seconds to have a ship fully rendered so that you know where to aim. I feel what WG did this time made the spotting system backward. 

For now, I think the spotting mechanics is like if the highest point on your ship gets spotted. For example, a rock is high enough to hide a DD, but it will not cover let us say a Des Moines. 

Sign in to follow this